Chris Bosh Strikes Back Against Haters

I love how you heat fans (mainly poe and flash), defend everything lebron wade n bosh do wrong, like they can do no wrong. If they went out tomorrow n raped a woman and robbed a bank you guys would be like "oh who hasn't raped a woman and robbed a bank, come on they just want to feel like winners, it's the medias fault for making them look bad and misquoting them".

I love how you heat fans (mainly poe and flash), defend everything lebron wade n bosh do wrong, like they can do no wrong. If they went out tomorrow n raped a woman and robbed a bank you guys would be like "oh who hasn't raped a woman and robbed a bank, come on they just want to feel like winners, it's the medias fault for making them look bad and misquoting them".

what does ANY of that have to do with this thread? lol

You don't know me very well then. I don't favor players like that. I constantly defend people like Rasheed Wallace, David Kahn, Stan Van Gundy, and even LeBron James while he was still a Cav. Even though I didn't like LeBron much at the time I still defended him in a certain argument because I didn't feel that what he did at the time was wrong (there was some confusion between whether LeBron was mistreating a towel boy on purpose or if he didn't even notice him, which was what I was pointing out), and I may have been the only one in that thread to defend him.

My view on a person's action doesn't change based on my relationship with them. I just have a much different view of right and wrong than the general public, but since the people I defend happen to be part of the team I support, people already start pointing fingers instead of focusing on the debate itself.

I think a lot of the people who believe that the reason I'm defending these players, that I'm defending LeBron, Wade, and Bosh because I'm a fan of the team they are on, are hypocrites. The way I see it, it's the other way around. Many other team fans, particularly Knicks fans, Bulls fans, Nets fans, Raptors fans, and especially Cavs fans, see that whatever these guys do is wrong because they against these players. Any chance to put these guys in a bad light, they take it. Even if there isn't any valid evidence to prove what they did is wrong.

The only reason people are hating these players in the first place is because of their own selfishness. It's because they are so good, they want to keep them for themselves. Nobody would have a reason to hate these players if they were second round scrubs. Be mad at the fact that your favorite team lost a good player, but instead, people choose to be mad at the player himself. It's pure selfishness mixed in with a huge lack of insight.

Bosh is not wrong for leaving Toronto, nor is he wrong for saying he never wanted to play there. LeBron is not wrong for leaving Cleveland, and the fact that he was born there doesn't change anything but give fans another reason to believe that he belongs to them. Wade is not right or wrong for staying in Miami, nor would he have been wrong from a moral standpoint if he decided to go to Chicago or New York instead. Of course I wouldn't have liked it as a Heat fan if he left, but I have no reason to hate Wade himself for it. It's his own life, his own decision. Same thing for Bosh and James.

Yea, go ahead and look at my fanbase and think all this is easy for me to say, but I don't care. I would have said the same thing no matter if I was a Cavs fan, a Lakers fan, a Wolves fan, or if I wasn't a fan of any team. My sense of logic doesn't change that way.

I think a lot of the people who believe that the reason I'm defending these players, that I'm defending LeBron, Wade, and Bosh because I'm a fan of the team they are on, are hypocrites. The way I see it, it's the other way around. Many other team fans, particularly Knicks fans, Bulls fans, Nets fans, Raptors fans, and especially Cavs fans, see that whatever these guys do is wrong because they against these players. Any chance to put these guys in a bad light, they take it. Even if there isn't any valid evidence to prove what they did is wrong.

The only reason people are hating these players in the first place is because of their own selfishness. It's because they are so good, they want to keep them for themselves. Nobody would have a reason to hate these players if they were second round scrubs. Be mad at the fact that your favorite team lost a good player, but instead, people choose to be mad at the player himself. It's pure selfishness mixed in with a huge lack of insight.

Isn't any valid evidence other than quotes in a newspaper and an hour long tv specail...nothing real though.

If Bosh and LeBron are not owned by the fans, does that mean a fan base cannot hate them or are we selfish for thinking a player is a dick for the way they handled the way they left?

I'm not going to get in a who does what arguement but people can choose to like or hate who they want because everybody has choices and in this case, the facts are all there even though it's going to far now.

Let's just stay on topic here though.

Edited by Universe

LOL this video is pretty hilarious. Bosh seems like a funny guy.

What did Bosh do here that was so wrong? What has he really done since joining the Heat that was so wrong? Also, way to take it to an extreme there with the rape thing. It also makes no sense for you to say that in this thread unless you thought Bosh's video was serious.

Wait, let me get this straight, fans of other teams are hypocrites because they don't like how a situation was handled and it changed their opinion of a player?

So Cavs fans are hypocrites because they felt it was a complete douchebag move for LeBron to go put on an hour long TV special to announce that he was leaving Cleveland and only decided to inform the Cavs about 20 minutes before the entire thing?

Raptor fans are hypocrites because we disliked the fact that Hedo Turkoglu dogged it all season long and then cried to the Turkish media about how he wanted out? Then blasts the organization once he leaves?

Or Raptor fans are hypocrites because we think it is pretty completely unecessary for Bosh to constantly make backhanded remarks about Toronto?

And just like any chance us "hypocritical fans" (:rolleyes:) take to put these players in a bad light, you "super-awesome fans" take any chance to prop these players up on a pedastool.

Get off your damn high horse.

• Like 1

If Bosh and LeBron are not owned by the fans, does that mean a fan base cannot hate them or are we selfish for thinking a player is a dick for the way they handled the way they left?

LeBron and Bosh were given contracts by their respective teams, and not only did they play their part, but they gave everything they had, and each gave their teams 7 great years, especially LeBron.

LeBron averaged 28 points, 7 assists, and 7 rebounds as a Cavalier. He won 2 MVPs, and even brought this team to the NBA Finals with average role players. He gave to charity, and still does so even though he's playing for the Heat now. He gave so much to Ohio, and is STILL giving.

Eventually, his contract was up. What does that mean? All ties are gone. He has no more obligations. He can go anywhere he wants. So what did he do? He chose the team he felt had the best chance of winning.

You can't blame LeBron for wanting to leave. How he did it doesn't matter. He chose to leave and that's that. If there is anybody you have to blame, it's the Cavs for failing for 7 straight years to bring the right pieces around LeBron to win a championship.

As for Bosh, he also brought the Raptors 7 great individual years. He averaged 20 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 assists. He was an all star 5 times, and has grown into a top 3 power forward.

Unfortunately, Bosh's efforts didn't translate to team success. Apparently Toronto is such a bad organization that they couldn't capitalize on more than 2 playoff appearances since getting Bosh, which both resulted in first round exits.... and they are already rebuilding.

So can you really blame Bosh for leaving? Like LeBron, his contract was up, he then had an option, and was given every right to leave.

But what do these players get? Nothing but hatred from their old fans. They gave so much in return for their contracts, but I'm sorry to say but when a contract is up... it's up. The player no longer belongs to the team or anybody. It's in the player's hands now, and they chose to go to a top class organization, and form one of the most dominant trios in history. They want to win, to be a part of a dynasty. That was their goal for their individual careers, and there is absolutely nothing wrong in making that decision.

Get off your damn high horse.

I'd reply to each question, but I'll only be repeating what I already said, either in this thread or another. I'll get off my "high horse" when my words stop falling on deaf ears. Open your mind and listen to what I have to say, then I'll respond.

Edited by Poe

But what do these players get? Nothing but hatred from their old fans. They gave so much in return for their contracts, but I'm sorry to say but when a contract is up... it's up. The player no longer belongs to the team or anybody. It's in the player's hands now, and they chose to go to a top class organization, and form one of the most dominant trios in history. They want to win, to be a part of a dynasty. That was their goal for their individual careers, and there is absolutely nothing wrong in making that decision.

Stop acting like you know the situation of each city. I didn't even read the rest of your thing because you would not understand having Wade on your team and he has brought you a championship.

Would you still be a fan of Wade if he said he wouldn't go ring chasing and left for Orlando without bringing a championship to Miami and said he loved it in Miami and then went on to rip the franchise and the city that made them into a star?

Fans have every right to hate who they want and in this situation, I see why. You become a fan of the Heat and they won a championship two years later and then add LeBron and Bosh this off-season so don't say what a Raptor fan or Cavs fan can hate or love.

I haven't seen LeBron rip the city of Cleveland at all. Was "The Decision" done in poor taste? Probably. But he never did anything to Cleveland but deliver them some of their best moments in sports history there.

If you can show me where Bosh "ripped" Toronto then that's fine and I'll accept your point, but the notion that these guys ripped these cities is ridiculous.

I haven't seen LeBron rip the city of Cleveland at all. Was "The Decision" done in poor taste? Probably. But he never did anything to Cleveland but deliver them some of their best moments in sports history there.

If you can show me where Bosh "ripped" Toronto then that's fine and I'll accept your point, but the notion that these guys ripped these cities is ridiculous.

:lol:

Stop acting like you know the situation of each city. I didn't even read the rest of your thing because you would not understand having Wade on your team and he has brought you a championship.

Would you still be a fan of Wade if he said he wouldn't go ring chasing and left for Orlando without bringing a championship to Miami and said he loved it in Miami and then went on to rip the franchise and the city that made them into a star?

I already pointed out the things said in the first paragraph, and I already answered the question in the second one. Please actually read my posts before answering.

• Owner
How he did it doesn't matter.

Actually, it does, to some fans. My girlfriend actually liked LeBron and didn't mind where he went, was going to be a bit upset if he left Cleveland...but when he used an hour-long special and decided to stick it to the organization by not informing them until we all knew (and I believe just one team, Miami, knew his decision when the show started), she decided she was done rooting for him, no matter what.

She was a Cavs fan because of LeBron. Now, she's still a Cavs fan...and ironically, it's still because of him...just in a different way.

Actually, it does, to some fans. My girlfriend actually liked LeBron and didn't mind where he went, was going to be a bit upset if he left Cleveland...but when he used an hour-long special and decided to stick it to the organization by not informing them until we all knew (and I believe just one team, Miami, knew his decision when the show started), she decided she was done rooting for him, no matter what.

She was a Cavs fan because of LeBron. Now, she's still a Cavs fan...and ironically, it's still because of him...just in a different way.

Okay.

• Owner

Okay.

...so you're seriously that annoyed? :lol:

Thicker skin, dude. Try defending a player that goes through rape allegations. What LeBron did (not accused of) was disrespectful to the Cavaliers organization, and even his biggest fans are now turning their heads.

Fanbases are typically hated on because they are spoiled winners, and because of that, most are cocky. The Lakers are one.

However, a lot of people hate the Heat. They aren't winners...haven't won a single preseason game yet, let alone one in the regular season or playoffs. There's a legit reason for it, but I shouldn't expect you to see it.

I already pointed out the things said in the first paragraph, and I already answered the question in the second one. Please actually read my posts before answering.

You really don't get it but okay. I don't want to get further into it but maybe couple years down the road you might fully understand why the entire NBA fanbase suddenly has turned on LeBron and Bosh but for now I guess you can be happy with thinking Cleveland and Toronto deserved what they got from the players they gave their heart and hopes too.

The only reason people are hating these players in the first place is because of their own selfishness. It's because they are so good, they want to keep them for themselves.

That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard during the aftermath of this FA. Reminds me of a kid who just got a brand new toy and parades it in front of his peers and thinks everyone hates him because he's got the toy. No. They hate him partially because of that, but a lot moreso because he flaunted it in front of everyone and rode his high horse.

Nobody would have a reason to hate these players if they were second round scrubs.

Of course. It's a star-driven league, the stars have enormous, undeniable power. Enough to turn an annual 60+ win team into a lottery team, and enough to publically humiliate an entire city by a one-hour televised "Decision."

• Like 1

...so you're seriously that annoyed? :lol:

Thicker skin, dude.

All I said was "okay". I never gave any indication that I was annoyed.

Try defending a player that goes through rape allegations. What LeBron did (not accused of) was disrespectful to the Cavaliers organization, and even his biggest fans are now turning their heads.

Fanbases are typically hated on because they are spoiled winners, and because of that, most are cocky. The Lakers are one.

However, a lot of people hate the Heat. They aren't winners...haven't won a single preseason game yet, let alone one in the regular season or playoffs. There's a legit reason for it, but I shouldn't expect you to see it.

So now this is about the Heat fans? I was talking about LeBron and Bosh leaving their respective teams, and how it is their own choice as individuals and there is no reason to hate it. I never said a word about my expectations out of this team.

Edited by Poe

You really don't get it but okay. I don't want to get further into it but maybe couple years down the road you might fully understand why the entire NBA fanbase suddenly has turned on LeBron and Bosh but for now I guess you can be happy with thinking Cleveland and Toronto deserved what they got from the players they gave their heart and hopes too.

I never said they deserved it. Don't put words in my mouth. Again, please read my posts before responding.

That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard during the aftermath of this FA. Reminds me of a kid who just got a brand new toy and parades it in front of his peers and thinks everyone hates him because he's got the toy. No. They hate him partially because of that, but a lot moreso because he flaunted it in front of everyone and rode his high horse.

Then you are completely misinterpreting me.

Of course. It's a star-driven league, the stars have enormous, undeniable power. Enough to turn an annual 60+ win team into a lottery team, and enough to publically humiliate an entire city by a one-hour televised "Decision."

He didn't intend to humiliate anyone. I'm not exactly sure what the whole "Decision" show was for, I though it was rather odd personally, but I seriously doubt he was doing it for the intent of humiliation. If it was, then tell me what the hell he was doing with that charity bike-a-thon thing for Akron recently?

Then you are completely misinterpreting me.

Don't think I am. To think the only reason people hate on LeBron is because he isn't on their team and want him all for themelves is too ridiculous for words. Maybe a very small part of the basketball fan population feels that way, but the majority hate him for much different, yet related reasons. It's plain ignorant and oblivious to think that.

He didn't intend to humiliate anyone. I'm not exactly sure what the whole "Decision" show was for, I though it was rather odd personally, but I seriously doubt he was doing it for the intent of humiliation. If it was, then tell me what the hell he was doing with that charity bike-a-thon thing for Akron recently?

No one knows his true intent, but the fact of the matter is he did humiliate an entire city. Not only did he humiliate them, but he refused to even acknowledge the team that drafted him and gave him an oppertunity to develop as a player. It wasn't even until a month later did he say the name 'Cleveland' in public. And what was he doing at the bike-a-thon thing? Maybe repairing his obliterated image?

And keep in mind, this is coming from one of LBJ's bigger supporters here (as a player) and someone who is actually excited in a positive way about the Miami Heat.

I never said they deserved it. Don't put words in my mouth. Again, please read my posts before responding.

Then why don't they deserve to hate a player who couldn't play through an injury during a playoff race or a guy who goes in front of millions stating he doesn't want to play for them anymore?

You aren't answering my question. Why can't a person hate a player who was a douche to their team? Would you be happy if Wade stated he loved the city and wouldn't go ring chasing and he did? (feel like I'm repeating myself here jeeze)