Charles Barkley Rips LeBron, Miami's Big Three as 'Punks'

Smitty

Charles Barkley weighed in Wednesday on a recent Twitter statement by LeBron James. Barkley, a TNT analyst and former NBA All-Star, said he hopes James remembers Barkley's critical comments and called a couple of James' more significant actions this summer "punk" moves.

"I heard about LeBron's little tweet today that he's remembering everybody who said anything bad about him," Barkley said Thursday on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM in Dallas/Fort Worth. "And he said 'everybody.' Well, I want him to make sure that he puts my name on that (list).

"I thought that his little one-hour special was a punk move. I thought them dancing around on the stage was a punk move, and I thought he should've stayed in Cleveland. Him joining Dwyane Wade's team was very disappointing to me."

Full Story

• Like 1

Lol...I just think all the hate is funny. It reminds me of Power by Kanye. To quote Kanye West...

"Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it. I guess every superhero needs his theme music."

lol yeah he should have just stuck around in Cleveland so where he would never play with good enough players to beat the Lakers... and go ringless like Charles.

honestly the titles are in Miami and the legacy was in Chicago, nothing was in Cleveland except guilt.

Edited by travesy3

Everything Barkley gas ever said about this thug is right. He's a cocky ignorant young kid who thinks he can talk now that he's got Wade and Bosh with him.

LeBron is a 1st class a-hole and every action he's done on and off the court has been an immature act of selfishness.

Edited by The New Beginning

Barkley didn't win any rings. You can be as good as you want, but being an ignorant punk who thinks he can rule the game all by himself is stupid. Lebron would regret staying in Cleveland and never winning anything, he can't predict the future, but the past showed him that the future wasn't too great. Now he has this opportunity to play on a team that has the clear talent to win it all multiple times. So Charles arguments are pointless because he didn't win anything in the first place. Give Barkley the opportunity to leave his team for a clear contender and see how quick he would have done it.

Its like going to a bad college and getting awesome grades, and then getting the opportunity to go to Harvard and declining it, but just because you are the best student in a horrible school you won't go to a great school which makes your opportunities in the future better.

Its also funny how just last year Lebron was everyone's baby. He was the best, and everyone was a scrub compared to him. Cleveland fans defended his every move, and his attitude from then to now has not changed one bit. All of a sudden, he changes teams and he is the most hated player, Cleveland fans say he is immature and didn't do anything to help the team, and now they bash him for things he was doing in the past anyways. Now its time for us Heat fans do the same exact thing Cavs fans were doing in the past.

• Owner

Well...Pippen and Bird didn't like the way James went about it, either, and they have plenty of rings to show off.

Malone and Barkley? They don't need championships to be able to make a good point.

Who cares if he left Cleveland? We shouldn't have to hear what retired players have to say, the decision does not affect them. Its his legacy, he wants to make it his own way, he doesn't have to follow the book on "How to become an NBA legend". I am sure if he wins like 4 rings while in Miami people will drop the "no legacy" thing and start riding him again and how he could be one of the greatest players in NBA history.

If Barkley thinks Wade is a punk too, then he should stop doing those commercials with him.

Edited by SRV
  • Like 1

• Owner

It's more about the way it happened, the manner, and his attitude. I doubt any player, retired or not, cares about James' own legacy. Barkley has been praising him for a couple of years now, saying he's the best player in the league, saying Cleveland was going to win it all last year...but opinions will change when someone does something like this.

And, if LeBron wins four rings, playing the way he does right now (or putting up a near triple-double, whatever), he'll go down as one of the best players of all-time. That doesn't mean I'm "riding him" or that I like him. I still can't stand Shaq (for what he said about the organization, Kobe, Buss, and even the fans), but I don't ignore his four rings and past dominance.

Who cares if he left Cleveland? Who would've cared if Wade left Miami for Chicago? I can name a handful just on OTR.

If Wade would have left to Chicago I wouldn't have blamed him. We had no team, and no indication that anything was coming together. Everything just worked out perfectly for us, I was pretty much getting ready for Wade to go to Chicago when he was there for pretty much the entire start of the FA period. I wouldn't have made a big deal about it though.

The Decision was all because people fed into his ego for 7 years. He sees himself as bigger than the NBA, and ESPN and most of the nation pretty much feeds that, at least not anymore since people think he is a punk.

But Wade didn't quit on his team like LeBron and Bosh did. Wade isn't wearing yankee hats and standing on the Cowboys sideline. Wade actually credits Miami. LeBron [expletive]s on Cleveland and it's a joke.

How are u gonna say he quit on you guys? Dude's last game was a triple double with almost 20/20.

• Owner

How are u gonna say he quit on you guys? Dude's last game was a triple double with almost 20/20.

When LeBron turned the ball over with about 8:30 to go, and Boston went on that 10-0 run to go up 14, LeBron was done. There was still six minutes left in the game, and he stopped being aggressive...threw two assists and scored four points (two free throws and a dunk), missed a layup he should've made, and threw a careless turnover at the end of the game.

Down seven, two minutes to go...you go for the kill in a deciding game. LeBron didn't get a rebound, an assist, a point, a steal, block...nothing but a turnover on a bad pass.

He quit being aggressive with six minutes to go. He literally gave up with two minutes on the clock. It was definitely not the LeBron the Cavs fans saw against Orlando the previous year, even when that resulted in defeat as well.

When LeBron turned the ball over with about 8:30 to go, and Boston went on that 10-0 run to go up 14, LeBron was done. There was still six minutes left in the game, and he stopped being aggressive...threw two assists and scored four points (two free throws and a dunk), missed a layup he should've made, and threw a careless turnover at the end of the game.

Down seven, two minutes to go...you go for the kill in a deciding game. LeBron didn't get a rebound, an assist, a point, a steal, block...nothing but a turnover on a bad pass.

He quit being aggressive with six minutes to go. He literally gave up with two minutes on the clock. It was definitely not the LeBron the Cavs fans saw against Orlando the previous year, even when that resulted in defeat as well.

Even then I don't think you can say he quit. His teammates did nothing at all to help him in that game besides Mo. The rest of the team was basically dead.

• Owner

Even then I don't think you can say he quit. His teammates did nothing at all to help him in that game besides Mo. The rest of the team was basically dead.

Any way possible to win, dude.

Boston shot 44% from the floor the entire game, held to 94 points (scored 120 in Game 5). James shot 38% and had nine turnovers, so his triple-double was masked by a bad shooting performance, and many turnovers.

Everyone but LeBron locked down the perimeter. It was Pierce that lit James up from downtown, and Ray Allen who struggled significantly.

James rebounded the ball well, but he didn't play much defense, didn't try and take over in the fourth, and his body language said it all even when they were down single digits.

RD went into in depth detail. I'm tired of going into in depth deal. You guys say triple double and just look at the stats. You saw Game 5. He was outside the 3 point line every play. He shot that one free throw left handed vs. Chicago. What kind of man does that. It's so BS.

How aout all those turnovers? How about quitting in the final minute with no emotion. I don't know how much he scored in the final minutes when we truly needed him. 78-74....then he quit.

Watch the freaking Game 5 and 6 post game press conference. He could give a [expletive] about the games while us fans invested so much into watching these games. All along they weren't even going to win. That's a TERRIBLE feeling.

Enough with the teammates didn't help him. They gave him a 4 pt lead in mid-3rd quarter, even a 4 pt game in the 4th. How much does he need? A top 3 player? and another top 10 player?

In Game 5 you think LBJ was even close to being so good that he could use to the "I needed help excuse"?

How about Game 4, when the team gave him a two point game with minutes left and we lost.

The team did nothing wrong. Stop that crap. These days it's like a star needs three more all stars to win. At that point they aren't a star. Realize that our team wasn't the quitter. It was him. God Damnit.

Edited by The New Beginning