Dana White: 'Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar'

I would love to see him face and fighter just because he has been training so he at least has some idea of what he doing. Hopefully they win the Championship this year so we can see a fight.

• Owner

He goes to the extreme to get his name out there, doesn't matter if it's praising his teammates, bad-mouthing coaches and former teammates, suiting up as a rent-a-cop, or asking to fight someone that would easily waste him in the Octagon.

• Owner

It doesn't matter. It's still an NBA player. Kendall Gill could probably take a couple of guys in the bottom half of the UFC in his weight class, but realistically, almost every NBA player would get their faces beat in by an MMA fighter that has been training for it from one year out, while probably every MMA fighter would be dominated in a game of one-on-one against most NBA players (I say most so I can exclude Sasha Vujacic).

Shaq would definitely hold his own.

The UFC is weak, and people over-rate the "fighters" in it.

How is the UFC considered weak to you? Do you know the training and game planning they go through before a fight?

Every fighter in the UFC (and other MMA orginizations) has a background in a MMA skill (Ju-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, BJJ, etc.) and often have a second one. All fighters are well versed in most technical aspects of the sport.

Take a look at Georges St. Pierre. He is by far the most technically sound fighter in the UFC, possibly the world. One of the best pound-for-pound fighters. He is so good at every aspect of the game, people are hesitant in the ring with him, and they get dominated because of it. When your hesitant cause you know a guys going to bat you, how could you possibly be overrated?

You clearly don't respect the sport.

EDIT - And Shaq would definitely not "hold his own". He'd get his [expletive] handed to him. It wouldn't even last 30 seconds. He'd be so lethargic, Lesnar could just shoot for a take-down, get his submission in, tap out, that simple. Or his punches would so slow, Lesnar would just come in with a couple of hooks. It would so ugly.

Edited by iBoldin

They aren't the fighter that people make them out to be, and "Pride" is better.

Not to mention that I would take a good heavyweight boxer over these guys any day of the week.

I wouldn't take the boxer against a guy who is a multi-dimensional fighter, and could take him down once he throws one bad punch.

Pride is basically the feeding grounds to the UFC, I would say. Most would agree. Although in Pride your allowed to do much more.

I wouldn't take the boxer against a guy who is a multi-dimensional fighter, and could take him down once he throws one bad punch.

Pride is basically the feeding grounds to the UFC, I would say. Most would agree. Although in Pride your allowed to do much more.

I will take a prime Mike Tyson over an UFC fighter that you want to put in the ring, and Mike Tyson would take that chump out so quickly.

• Owner

I will take a prime Mike Tyson over an UFC fighter that you want to put in the ring, and Mike Tyson would take that chump out so quickly.

Yeah, same here...but that's also a prime Mike Tyson, who is arguably the greatest boxer of all-time.

The sport of boxing is so bad today, the UFC and Pride have simply wiped it off the map.

Thing is, Shaq doesn't spend every single day taking punches to the chin. He doesn't spend every single day throwing punches, or escaping submissions.

Once someone who HAS been doing that every day for a year or longer decides to connect (which won't be difficult), Shaq will hit the mat...and the huffing and puffing alone will force him to tap, if he isn't already KO'ed.

If Hulk Hogan and Lex Luger can slam a 500-pound wrestler, picking them up off the ground, Lesnar will toss Shaq and his 350-pound soon-to-be-lifeless body, and unlike Frank Mir, it would take Shaq much, much, much more effort to get up, even if he's not hurt by the fall.