Melo will sign with Nets maybe?

Warren2ThaG

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23964338

Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated reports both the Rockets and Nets are candidates in this hunt for a new home for Carmelo Anthony. Sources have indicated to SI that 'Melo would be open to signing a long-term extension with one of those squads if he landed there in a trade.

*junk about Rockets*

As for the Nets, they have serious trade pieces that could bait the Nuggets into a deal. Devon Harris could be moved because of Jordan Farmar's signing. Of course newly drafted Derrick Favors would certainly be an enticing piece. Or players like Terrance Williams and Brook Lopez could be dangled. Plus, as I mentioned earlier today, the fact the Nets are moving to Brooklyn, which happens to be 'Melo's hometown. Then there's the Jay-Z connection and the fact Anthony fits well. So the Nets are definitely a player in this.

---

:unsure:

We may very well have the best offer, but I'm not in favor of trading for Anthony. That would lead us to having to give up Favors or T-Will. Favors could develop into one of the league's top PF's a few years down the road. And I feel that the value of Williams, with his ability to play the 1, 2, or 3, court vision, and athleticism, is going to be underestimated if he is dealt.

For some ridiculous reason, Lopez may no longer be untouchable according to reports. That makes me think that whatever we would be offering, it would be giving up too much, which sounds crazy when you hear that Anthony is being sent in return. But we'd be giving up at least one potential all-star, maybe even two alongside draft picks and cash. All this to bring over a SF when we've already signed Outlaw to an expensive five-year deal, while Damion James may start contributing right off the bat, being that he's possibly the most NBA-ready rookie. If Anthony were a FA, it's a different story. But to be on the losing end of a deal in which the player you receive fills an already stacked position?

That would lead us to having to give up Favors or T-Will. Favors could develop into one of the league's top PF's a few years down the road. \

We're talking about Carmelo freaking Anthony, easily a top 10 player in the league. If Favors turns into Amare Stoudemire (absolute best case scenario) the deal would still be worth it. We're talking about a very raw rookie and a pretty good role player for an elite franchise player. They don't come along very often, and Melo is still only 26 years old. I know it's hard to part with such young talent, but players like Melo are a rare breed...the kind that you absolutely need to seriously contend for anything.

• Like 4

We're talking about Carmelo freaking Anthony, easily a top 10 player in the league. If Favors turns into Amare Stoudemire (absolute best case scenario) the deal would still be worth it. We're talking about a very raw rookie and a pretty good role player for an elite franchise player. They don't come along very often, and Melo is still only 26 years old. I know it's hard to part with such young talent, but players like Melo are a rare breed...the kind that you absolutely need to seriously contend for anything.

What deal are you referring to? I haven't heard of any specific package being offered. I've just heard names that are bound to be included should this deal go down. Favors would be sent along with other pieces. As I said, with the reports that Lopez might not be untouchable, I get the idea that we will end up having to give up more than what Carmelo is worth.

What deal are you referring to? I haven't heard of any specific package being offered. I've just heard names that are bound to be included should this deal go down. Favors would be sent along with other pieces. As I said, with the reports that Lopez might not be untouchable, I get the idea that we will end up having to give up more than what Carmelo is worth.

I am saying that if a deal was to include both Williams and Favors, it would be worth it. And the Nets won't give the Nuggets more than what Melo's worth because then Melo wouldn't sign an extension with such a depleted team. That's basically what I heard CP3 said about rumors of him being traded to Portland.

Outlaw, Murphy and picks would ultimately be the best thing the for the Nets to trade for Melo.

I mean the Nuggets get a decent SF in return and 12 mil off the books.

Only thing is I wouldn't expect the Nuggets to take Outlaw's contract.

I am saying that if a deal was to include both Williams and Favors, it would be worth it. And the Nets won't give the Nuggets more than what Melo's worth because then Melo wouldn't sign an extension with such a depleted team. That's basically what I heard CP3 said about rumors of him being traded to Portland.

That may be true. I just think that considering how desperate Melo is to leave a pretty good situation in Denver, he won't be too picky about the new situation he's entering, especially with the Nets moving to Brooklyn.

The deal would include draft picks, cash, plus significant talent from our youth. This is the third time I'm saying it, but if reports say Harris and Lopez might not be untouchable, you know the deal would extend beyond Favors and Williams.

Edited by Waldo

Talks seem to be heating up...

The Nuggets made it clear to teams they want young players and draft picks for Anthony, league executives said. The New Jersey Nets and Los Angeles Clippers have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver. The geography works for Anthony because of his wife LaLa Vazquez’s entertainment career.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AviLHWQJHZsz6kioCT55DTm8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610