Bob Marley or Tupac Shakur

*Swish*

Tupac's death made him a type of martyr in a way for music. He's vastly overrated if you ask me. Biggie, Rakim, Nas, and KRS-One are all better than Tupac. Bob Marley is one of the five most influential musicians of all time not only through his music, but through his messages. Tupac's songs were very hypocritical.

Me being a big Tupac fan, I miss Tupac the most. As far as who has inspired people the most, that's got to go to Bob Marley though. He's made a great impact on everyone in general, no matter what kind of life you're coming from. The things he talked about in his music spoke to every individual.

They're both would be martyrs, but miss I Bob Marley the most. His music was more versatile and POSITIVE. Both artists experienced the extremes and were statisics of their respective environments. Bob Marley made lemonade out of the lemons, though. Pac's music was always charged with anger like he was the only celebrity (or black man, for that matter) to get a raw deal.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Tupac, but this isn't even close....I could do Marley music all day, every day.

Tupac's death made him a type of martyr in a way for music. He's vastly overrated if you ask me. Biggie, Rakim, Nas, and KRS-One are all better than Tupac. Bob Marley is one of the five most influential musicians of all time not only through his music, but through his messages. Tupac's songs were very hypocritical.

So true, wasn't he overrated compared to the ones you mentioned in here? He was certainly the most influential, but by far the best lyricist.

Bob Marley. Somewhat unrelated to the topic, but to use a Drake a line "I didn't cry when Pac died, but I probably will when Hov does."

Obviously this topic has nothing to do with Jay-Z, but my point is I was never really a big 2pac fan. I think Bob Marley made much better music.

Pac's music was always charged with anger like he was the only celebrity (or black man, for that matter) to get a raw deal.

First off that's false; a lot of his music was charged with anger, but there were also plenty of songs that were lighter or had a deeper sentimental meaning. And I strongly suggest you watch Tupac Resurrection...a lot of his music that had anger in it or was presumably for a cause was because he was sticking up for the entire hood, not himself. A lot of the things he raps about, by his own admition, are from the viewpoint of people who have gone through those trials and tribulations and NOT himself. He's more of a symbol than anything else.

• Like 1

love both but its hypocritcal to pick tupac here, Bob Marley is a living legend that is know worldwide.

The question was who do YOU miss the most...how in the world is it hypocritical to say you miss Tupac more than Bob Marley?

love both but its hypocritcal to pick tupac here, Bob Marley is a living legend that is know worldwide.

I don't think hypocritical is the right word choice there.

But the legend of Bob Marley can't be touched by Tupac or any rapper for that matter. As previously mentioned, Tupac's death contributes to the meaning of his music these days, and the mystery that he may still be alive. Marley was one of the early musical revolutionists, and therefore is missed much more world wide. The comparison isn't close.

Those who choose Tupac have either not listened to Bob Marley or haven't taken the time to understand his musical significance.

Honestly both Biggie and Tupac are both pretty overrated IMO. Biggie's overrated because he wasn't the greatest song-writer when it came to story or range, and Tupac's overrated because his actual MC skills aren't up to par with many of the elite all-time rappers (Nas, Biggie, Rakim, Eminem, etc...)

Honestly both Biggie and Tupac are both pretty overrated IMO. Biggie's overrated because he wasn't the greatest song-writer when it came to story or range, and Tupac's overrated because his actual MC skills aren't up to par with many of the elite all-time rappers (Nas, Biggie, Rakim, Eminem, etc...)

Pretty accurate. Both of them are overrated, but I'd say Tupac even more-so.