Please it's a BASKETBALL forum

*Swish*

I cant believe Sasha was so serious about this lol I have been a member for over 3 years now and it has been like this every offseason he obviously does not post on a single sports forum.

I post on 2 other forums and the NBA section is active that's why I posted this thread here. no need to get mad Real Deal

I post on 2 other forums and the NBA section is active that's why I posted this thread here. no need to get mad Real Deal

PM those sites please i want to see if that is true, i am finding it hard to believe right now.

Brandon aint mad his just speaking his mind, that is the way he has ran this forum for 5 year now, trust me he wont and will not change.

Edited by ChosenOne

Brandon isn't getting mad, he is telling you that it is no big deal. What do you want us to discuss? The Lakers are all enjoying the time off and Lamar is banging Khloe? The MLB season is coming to a close and the playoff race is heating up, causing some good discussion in that section. The NFL season is starting, and people are discussing that. Every off-season is like that, because there is nothing to discuss. When FIBA starts up then the international board will pick up in activity. You can't base it just off of General NBA, because as noted, most threads go in the appropriate board.

That is because one of the forums you post at just hit the web a few weeks ago. Discussion over there is fresh and plenty to talk about because of no previous posting, but for example, active topics like "Hakeem vs Shaq" and a listing of the top 10 NBA players have been debated to death over here.

Anyways I know you mean well but OTR has gone through 5 years of this dreadful offseason so believe us when we say that there is nothing to worry about.

As far as general posting goes, we should see a bump soon with the NFL season and World Championships just weeks away and the MLB season heating up.

This happens every year. Not just on OTR but on every single-sport forum. Usually they pull through once the season rolls around again. Nothing really to worry about as this is by far most "dead" time in the NBA all year.

It's a basketball forum, but during the off-season, you're just going to be beating a dead horse with every topic unless it's something major, and we've had plenty of LeBron and Miami Heat discussions.

Once the season starts up, the discussion will get going again, but in the meantime, it's pre-season football, so there will be a lot of discussion there well through October before the NBA season starts.

To be honest I'm more of a NFL fan, but I still love discussing basketball.

With that being said...

Like others have stated, it's the offseason for the NBA. There won't be much to discuss about at all(unless you're following FIBA) for the next month or so.

NFL is finally getting started again and MLB playoffs is almost here, so obviously those are going to get talked about more right now. Don't see what the problem is.

Well, you can't control the world and tell people where they can and can't post in a forum. As long as the offtopic section exists, members are free to post there as much as they wish. As long as the section brings activity, there is no reason for RD to remove it.

However, I do personally believe this forum needs a stronger core of basketball minded posters. With that will come more activity in the basketball section of the forums.

That is not to say that if you post in the off-topic section you don't know basketball. Again, that is not what I am saying at all. You can have all the basketball knowledge in the world and be interested in discussing offtopic things. In general though, at least from what I'm seeing out of the members here, the more basketball minded the poster, the more likely they are to use most of their posts in the basketball sections of this forum versus offtopic discussions.

I like how you came back into this forum when you said you were leaving :lol:

I believe I said I was taking a break, which I did. On RSZ you said you would take a break, yet returned in less than an hour. I'm not going to argue this, feel free to send me a crying PM if you wish.

• Like 1

I believe I said I was taking a break, which I did. On RSZ you said you would take a break, yet returned in less than an hour. I'm not going to argue this, feel free to send me a crying PM if you wish.

Real Deal told me there is nothing wrong with me. Keep crying about me posting on forums. I don't care but I admit I'm not an old enough members on this old site to open my mouth that's why I apologized.

Real Deal told me there is nothing wrong with me. Keep crying about me posting on forums. I don't care but I admit I'm not an old enough members on this old site to open my mouth that's why I apologized.

Real Deal isn't a licensed physician, so there could be indeed something wrong with you.

• Like 1