"What do they have"?

• Owner

So no Gallinari in a proposed trade. It will be Wilson Chandler.

In the first proposed trade, actually. I'm sure Denver will decline and fish for Gallo. Chandler is a player, but the Nuggets would love to have Gallinari.

If I am the Knicks GM I offer Gallo, Chandler and 2 firsts for Melo... he is a top 10 player I don't [expletive] around I try and get a deal done right away. You might not win much this year with your other players but in the coming off-season you will have a ton of flexibility to put pieces around him and Amare.

• Like 1

we have nothing. honestly chandler is overrated, he can't even shoot.

I wouldn't say he's overrated as most people don't really even know what he brings to the court. He's not a good jumpshooter (although not horrible), but he's a pretty good defender, very good around the rim and he's overall a quality role player. He's still only 23 years old and has been steadily improving (his increased FG% was a major plus for him last season), so I think he's a valuable trade asset. Definitely not a centerpiece to acquire Melo, though.

As for what the Knicks have to offer, is Anthony Randolph eligible to be traded yet? If so, I'd build a package around him, Gallo, Curry's expiring and whatever picks and other financial relief the team can offer. It's not what a few other teams can offer, but it'd still be a quality package.

Can't the Knicks give up Chandler, Gallinari and 1 or 2 first picks? that would be alright with the Nuggets right?

Our next pick is 2014. And I'm not sure if the Knicks are willing to give up Chandler and Gallo - I would, but does Donnie Walsh want to give up on both promising young prospects?

I'd trade

Chandler

Gallo

1st rd'er in 2014

Curry's expiring contract

For

Melo

Will the nuggets do it? Probably not. But I actually would if I were them - looks like they'll lose him to F.A. anyway.

Our next pick is 2014.

The Knicks have 1sts in 2011 and 2013... I'm not sure why this 'next pick is in 2014' thing is all the rage. Houston has the choice to swap with New York in 2011, but they'll still have a pick regardless. In 2012 they owe their pick (top 5 protected), and they won't be a bottom 5 team... So that pick will go to Houston. That ends their 1st round debt.