Strasburg injured

fish7718

Stephen Strasburg was pulled from Saturday's game against the Phillies with an apparent elbow injury.

Strasburg looked to be in a good deal of pain after throwing a pitch in the bottom of the fifth inning. The Nats should reveal more about the situation shortly. He had thrown four-plus innings of one-run ball against a tough Phillies lineup and finished the night with six strikeouts.

Source

uh ohhhhh

edit: lol move to baseball thread, my bad

Edited by Fish7718

I hate to say it, but I'd be kind of surprised if he lasts 5 years. I hope I am wrong because he is great for the game (despite the fact that he is in the Phillies division). But many pitching coaches have been critical of his mechanics and the "inverted W". It might be Mark Prior all over again, it's a shame.

I was eating in a Philly restaurant when this happened, I watched it live... He threw the pitch and immediately grimaced and started shaking his arm and holding his elbow. I had to explain to my girlfriend why it was bad... She didn't care.

I was eating in a Philly restaurant when this happened, I watched it live... He threw the pitch and immediately grimaced and started shaking his arm and holding his elbow. I had to explain to my girlfriend why it was bad... She didn't care.

People who don't watch baseball assume that pitchers are "pussies" (see: Diesel). It is quite annoying to explain the game to them.

And NO I am not attempting to compare your girlfriend to Diesel! :lol:

People who don't watch baseball assume that pitchers are "pussies" (see: Diesel). It is quite annoying to explain the game to them.

And NO I am not attempting to compare your girlfriend to Diesel! :lol:

If your girlfriend is like Diesel I will track you down and wait outside of your house for your girlfriend and when she leaves I will sucker punch her right in the jaw.

• Like 1