Team USA Cut May Come Down To Westbrook, Curry

Team USA will need to cut one more player before the World Championships begin in Turkey.

The belief is that the final spot will come down to Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook and Warriors guard Stephen Curry.

Westbrook's performance against Lithuania, when he scored 12 points on 4-for-5 shooting and got a sluggish United States team going, might make it hard for coach Mike Krzyzewski to cut him.

Team USA has 13 players and must trim the roster to 12 within 48 hours of its opener Saturday in Istanbul against Croatia.

After missing two days of practice with an ankle injury this week, Curry was the final guard off the bench in this weekend's exhibition games.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68807/20100822/team_usa_cut_may_come_down_to_westbrook_curry/

I'd cut Gordon. Granger still has solid size and is a very good outside shooter.

Gordon is a better shooter from both mid-range and long-range. More importantly he's outplayed Granger so far in the exhibitions.

I heard the ESPN announcers talking about how Gordon is perfect for FIBA basketball, hes a great shooter and is strong enough to take the contact on the drives.

Curry is a beast and would be good for this team also. Id say they should cut Granger because they already have Rudy and Iggy.

Not a huge loss because I'm not sure how well his game translates over for FIBA play. We'll miss him gambling in the passing lanes though and getting us some steals. Glad to see that it wasn't Steph or Westbrook that had to go.