MIP Predictions

Poe

• Owner

Other than DeRozan or Weems, what about Darren Collison? He averaged 12/6, which is actually good for a backup that came in to start 37 games...but his FG% was nearly 48%, and it looks like he can only get better. Can he put up 20/10 or better on a Pacers team with Danny Granger?

Greg Oden or Marcus Thornton or Robin Lopez

Gotta go with Oden. I think he'll have a great year this year, something like 35ppg, 18rpg, 9.5apg, 6bpg, and 4spg on 77% FG and 92% FT.

Okay, obviously not like that but I do truly think he'll have a great season for the Blazers this year. I can't wait for this damn season to start.

Here's a list of players that I believe have at least a slight chance at becoming very improved players next year. It's a long list, so I divided it into sections, and I made the descriptions as brief as possible.

Players with an increased role:

Darko Milicic - promised 36 minutes per game.

Rodrigue Beaubois - will likely be given starting role when back from injury.

Darren Collison - traded to Pacers, no longer CP3's back up.

Kevin Love - Al J's out of the way.

Andray Blatche - will receive full year as a starter, perhaps many more years to come.

Dorell Wright - Will start for a high tempo team.

Tyler Hansbrough - Troy Murphy got traded with no PF in return.

Marreese Speights - Dalembert got traded.

Amir Johnson - Bosh gone plus a large pay day gives him plenty of opportunity.

Terrence Williams - Lee got traded, T-Will steps in.

JaVale McGee - full year as a starter plus USA team experience.

Marcus Thornton - Played well as a back up, and will likely become a starter.

Luke Ridnour - Flynn's injury leaves a window of opportunity.

Joel Anthony - Will start next to the big three.

Players that are back from a severe injury:

Greg Oden - A tremendous defender and rebounder as a starter.

Shaun Livingston - Potential is still there, will have a chance in Charlotte

Players that have consistently improved over the years:

Rajon Rondo - went from nobody, to that point guard next to the big three, to the best player on the team.

Andrea Bargnani - Consistently improved his scoring. Will he rebound and defend?

Al Horford - Took only 3 years to become an all star.

Rodney Stuckey - Has improved his offense each year.

Louis Williams - Has grown a more and more efficient scorer and playmaker every year.

Aaron Afflalo - A growing three point shooter and defender. Could he be the reason the Nuggets are shopping JR?

Players that have untapped potential:

DeMar DeRozan - Very talented and dedicated to improving.

Michael Beasley - The #2 pick will have more freedom in Minnesota.

Danilo Gallinari - Already one of the best three point shooters in the league.

Donte Greene - Could become the next Lamar Odom in terms of versatility.

Anthony Randolph - May have more opportunities in New York.

Roy Hibbert - Is growing into a great all around center.

JJ Hickson - Proven to play well as a starter last year, still needs a more polished game.

Charlie Villanueva - Size, athleticism, and shooting ability. He just needs to "get it".

Robin Lopez - May be given a larger role with Amar'e gone.

The rest:

Nicholas Batum - A very good all around player.

Goran Dragic - Has learned a lot from Nash and played well in the playoffs.

JJ Redick - Carter is getting old. Will JJ step in?

Mario Chalmers - Has the opportunity to start next to the big three.

Tyrus Thomas - He has more potential, and may even start for Charlotte.

J.R. Smith - Maturity means everything for him.

Brandon Rush - May have a chance to start and prove his worth.

Marc Gasol - Perhaps his time to shine will come a year later when Randolph expires.

Trevor Ariza - Proved he can play last year. Better shooting numbers will be his main focus.

George HIll - Played well in the playoffs.

• Like 4

Beasley is my vote for sure... I am expecting huge point totals from him this year. Maybe Bargnani, how can you vote Demar or someone that is still on their rookie contract lol...

Yea that is like totally true, it's not like anybody won it in their sophomore year (Monta Ellis, Gilbert Arenas) or their third year (Zach Randolph) or anything like that ololololol

Seriously bro, if you are going to laugh at what someone is saying, make sure you know what you're talking about lol...

• Like 1

Yea that is like totally true, it's not like anybody won it in their sophomore year (Monta Ellis, Gilbert Arenas) or their third year (Zach Randolph) or anything like that ololololol

Seriously bro, if you are going to laugh at what someone is saying, make sure you know what you're talking about lol...

your attitude/sarcasm is extremely annoying. what I meant to say was a sophomore not rookie contract (I am sure you will consider this backpedalling but this is of course your goal to annoy me as usual). I don't think a player should win a most improved award when his improvement is expected more than ever (sophomore, even 3rd year which is why I don't like Brooks winning this past year), which is in his 2nd season lol. 2 sophomores have won it in the past 15 years or so, I could be off by 1 or 2, but thanks for the basketball lesson.

let me re-write my original post with more clarity:

I wouldn't suggest anyone picking Demar or anyone like that, a sophomore has won the award only twice in the past decade and a half so I think it would be somewhat foolish to choose such a young player for an award like this! You should predict someone a few years further into their career like Beasley! lolololololol

*insert 2 paragraphs of nothing here to make myself sound smart*

Edited by travesy3

An improved player is an improved player, regardless of expectations. That should be obvious enough. Whether you like a player getting the award early in their career doesn't change anything either. That's a different discussion.

And in a list of 40 possible players that may have at least a slight chance at MIP, it's kind of difficult to leave a player like DeRozan out of that list. It would be a pretty bad list if I left out DeRozan, but still had Hansbrough and Rush in it.

Also, him being young and coming off a rookie season where he's been growing out of the learning curve should only add to the reasons why I believe he will improve. If I was to make a top 10 list of the most likely players to get MIP, DeRozan would be in it.