Team USA vs. Greece

Flash

^^Yup, great play. Frischilla swears that these teams playing against us aren't trying and are just waiting for the tournament. From what I'm watching it looks like both teams are trying to win.

To see Sebia get killed? You lost to us.

Not rly, Serbia has a much younger/athletic team that can play with the US and unlike Greece and Lithuania, we could give them some good competition, and the loss to Canada was nothing important, in a real game we would destroy you by 40 like how we destroyed China

Edited by Yugolicious

• Owner

Teodosic would be the only problem for us, just because he knows how to run a team. Rose would absolutely kill him off the dribble, though. If we "disabled" Rubio to beat Spain, Teodosic won't be that big of an issue.

I don't even know the status of Krstic (can he still play after the brawl?), but he's not going to be difficult to defend because he spends too much time shooting jumpers, and he's nowhere near the defender to be able to contain Odom on the mismatch we would present.

Velickovic would probably defend our post players well, but Team USA would ruin that for Serbia by playing Durant at the four. Dunkfest. Velickovic doesn't have the lateral quickness to contain any power forward that plays quick perimeter basketball, so that presents another mismatch (hell, even Odom is a perimeter power forward).

Serbia would lose by double digits based solely on mismatches, and that's not considering any one of the USA superstars catching fire and driving in scoring runs.

Teodosic would be the only problem for us, just because he knows how to run a team. Rose would absolutely kill him off the dribble, though. If we "disabled" Rubio to beat Spain, Teodosic won't be that big of an issue.

I don't even know the status of Krstic (can he still play after the brawl?), but he's not going to be difficult to defend because he spends too much time shooting jumpers, and he's nowhere near the defender to be able to contain Odom on the mismatch we would present.

Velickovic would probably defend our post players well, but Team USA would ruin that for Serbia by playing Durant at the four. Dunkfest. Velickovic doesn't have the lateral quickness to contain any power forward that plays quick perimeter basketball, so that presents another mismatch (hell, even Odom is a perimeter power forward).

Serbia would lose by double digits based solely on mismatches, and that's not considering any one of the USA superstars catching fire and driving in scoring runs.

Teodosic is a lot better than Rubio. Teodosic is a much better scorer. But there is way more to the Serbia team than 3 players, we are pretty stacked at all positions and have pretty good height (US are a small team)

• Owner

Teodosic is a lot better than Rubio. Teodosic is a much better scorer. But there is way more to the Serbia team than 3 players, we are pretty stacked at all positions and have pretty good height (US are a small team)

All of that height means nothing if you aren't playing like true big men. A small team would wreck a team full of Channing Frye's. Not a single player on Serbia can stop at LEAST two of our point guards in the open court (Rose and Westbrook), and that's obvious. Because Team USA is by far the best defensive team in the passing lanes, by far the best help defense, it kills teams that have no real go-to guy that can drop 30. Teodosic can score, and he's underrated, but he's not going to take over a game like Bryant did against Spain in 2008, or Wade was doing against teams during that run. Serbia would need a traditional back-to-the-basket player that can do that. Velickovic (hope I'm spelling his name right) plays that way, but there's no chance he's going to provide Serbia with that much scoring, that much dominance, against Team USA.

I would go as far as betting money on a USA win, something I wouldn't do against Spain, maybe even Greece (but they did get crushed in the fourth today).

All of that height means nothing if you aren't playing like true big men. A small team would wreck a team full of Channing Frye's. Not a single player on Serbia can stop at LEAST two of our point guards in the open court (Rose and Westbrook), and that's obvious. Because Team USA is by far the best defensive team in the passing lanes, by far the best help defense, it kills teams that have no real go-to guy that can drop 30. Teodosic can score, and he's underrated, but he's not going to take over a game like Bryant did against Spain in 2008, or Wade was doing against teams during that run. Serbia would need a traditional back-to-the-basket player that can do that. Velickovic (hope I'm spelling his name right) plays that way, but there's no chance he's going to provide Serbia with that much scoring, that much dominance, against Team USA.

I would go as far as betting money on a USA win, something I wouldn't do against Spain, maybe even Greece (but they did get crushed in the fourth today).

Milos Teodosic has the ability to do that, what Kobe did. He did just that vs Slovenia at Eurobasket by scoring over 30 points including hitting a three to get it to overtime and just taking over, I think Serbia stands a good chance vs the US, better than Greece but Spain is still #1 in Europe.

• Owner

Milos Teodosic has the ability to do that, what Kobe did. He did just that vs Slovenia at Eurobasket by scoring over 30 points including hitting a three to get it to overtime and just taking over, I think Serbia stands a good chance vs the US, better than Greece but Spain is still #1 in Europe.

He did it against Slovenia. I want to see him do it against Russell Westbrook, after having to defend him and Rose all game long. Different scenario.

Rakocevic was supposed to do big things for Serbia in the last FIBA tourney, too, but they were dominated. Serbia didn't even qualify for the Olympics in 2008.

I just don't see a reason to believe they can beat the USA team, that's all. Eurobasket isn't USA basketball.

He did it against Slovenia. I want to see him do it against Russell Westbrook, after having to defend him and Rose all game long. Different scenario.

Rakocevic was supposed to do big things for Serbia in the last FIBA tourney, too, but they were dominated. Serbia didn't even qualify for the Olympics in 2008.

I just don't see a reason to believe they can beat the USA team, that's all. Eurobasket isn't USA basketball.

Slovenia has always had a nice team.

Rakocevic? Who the?

This Serbia team is our new batch of young stars. We made it to the final with a bunch of 22 year olds and Krstic in the lineup, and a bunch of 22 year olds on the bench. We're a fresh team that should dominate basketball for another 5-6 years, the period between 2002 and 2008 were our dark ages.

Edited by Yugolicious

:lol:

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/poland-european-basketball-championships-2009-9-20-17-40-59.jpg

The US and Spain are light years better than Serbia.

:lol:

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/poland-european-basketball-championships-2009-9-20-17-40-59.jpg

The US and Spain are light years better than Serbia.

Light years?

We've beaten you before so it wouldnt be light years.

Teodosic was also 2010 Euroleague MVP, Rubio wasnt even close.

Light years?

We've beaten you before so it wouldnt be light years.

Teodosic was also 2010 Euroleague MVP, Rubio wasnt even close.

Rubio plays for the best team in Europe and in the best league. Barcelona is absolutely loaded. He's their best player and the way he plays doesn't fill up stat sheets but it wins games.

Plus, you guys beat us in Scariolo's third game as a coach. By the time we got out of group stages it was clear who was the best team.

Rubio plays for the best team in Europe and in the best league. Barcelona is absolutely loaded. He's their best player and the way he plays doesn't fill up stat sheets but it wins games.

Plus, you guys beat us in Scariolo's third game as a coach. By the time we got out of group stages it was clear who was the best team.

Rubio is good but their best player? No.

Obviously you were the best but we got to the finals with a team of 22 year olds, which shows that every year we'll just keep getting better.

Teodosic > Rubio though.

13.4 ppg, 5 APG in the Euroleague and he won the MVP.

He had 10 pts, 3 assists vs Barca

Same game Rubio had 7 points, 2 assists.

Just saying lol.