Billups Might Be A Trade Chip As Well

La Bomba

John Hollinger of ESPN.com points out that the Nuggets could also shop point guard Chauncey Billups if Carmelo Anthony is indeed traded.

"Remember, if the Nuggets trade Melo and rebuild, there's really no point in them keeping Billups either. Could be two All-Stars on market," Hollinger wrote on his Twitter page.

Anthony told Denver this week that he wants to be dealt.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68873/20100827/billups_might_be_a_trade_chip_as_well/

if Billups has to go he would go to a team that is in need of a Point Guard. (would be the Indiana Pacers before getting Collison). Right now, I don't see Billups going anywhere. Maybe Hawks since Bibby is soon going to suck.

If anything Billups is going to go to a winning team and would not go to the one of the worst teams in the league in the Indiana Pacers.

In my eyes Mike Bibby has been horrible for the Hawks the last two years, so idk what "sucks" is to you.

VC

Reddick

Nelson

Pick(s)

for

Melo

Billups

??

I think that would be a GREAT move for the Magic obviously but not sure if the Nuggets would be will to do that even with picks, Nelson and Reddick involved.

You can't be serious. Are you a Magic fan now?

You can't be serious. Are you a Magic fan now?

lol not at all. I am just saying that would be a good deal for both imo. With the Magic trying to build for a ring right now and Denver trying to start over this seems to be a good option. Also this would make the eastern conference finals that much better.

EDIT: Why don't you agree?

Edited by ChosenOne

lol not at all. I am just saying that would be a good deal for both imo. With the Magic trying to build for a ring right now and Denver trying to start over this seems to be a good option. Also this would make the eastern conference finals that much better.

EDIT: Why don't you agree?

That deal wouldn't make any sense at all for the Nuggets. They want to get picks and players they can build around when they trade Carmelo. They don't get that with that deal. It's foolish to even think the Nuggets would give that deal a chance.

That deal wouldn't make any sense at all for the Nuggets. They want to get picks and players they can build around when they trade Carmelo. They don't get that with that deal. It's foolish to even think the Nuggets would give that deal a chance.

Well Nelson, Reddick would be good players to build around, sorta lol.

Edited by ChosenOne

Well Nelson, Reddick would be good players to build around, sorta lol.

Umm...no they wouldn't. Reddick is never going to be a starter for a half decent team and Nelson is a 28 year old score first, pass second point guard who plays below average defense.

Umm...no they wouldn't. Reddick is never going to be a starter for a half decent team and Nelson is a 28 year old score first, pass second point guard who plays below average defense.

ehh what ever i just hope something like that goes down, it would be fun to watch as a basketball fan.

While I agree he's better suited as a bench player, why can't Reddick be a starter on a half-decent team? He's a smart player who can shoot the lights out and pass well. He's not a good defender but he's decent enough to get by.

Anyway, I think Billups could be a pretty valuable pick-up for a few teams. I actually think Memphis would be a very good destination for him if the Nuggets' asking price is reasonable. Memphis is one of those teams that could use a good PG and veteran leader.

I think you're underrating these guys. Redick can definitely be a starter on a good team, he would've likely started for the Bulls this season had the Magic not matched, and the Bulls are going to be a 50+ win team. Nelson is still capable of being a borderline all star. He plays efficiently in limited time, and I don't know if you saw much of him in the playoffs but he elevated his game and showed what he's capable of.

Now I can agree with you that the Nuggets likely wouldn't be interested in that trade, we'd have to give more than that, but it's not as bad as you're making it sound.

I think the best team for Billups to go would be Memphis. The team is already young and good all they needs is a Leader, Veteren, and true PG and they can get all of that in Billups. I say trade Mike Conley, Xavier Henry (who the Memphis is already thinking about trading), and Hasheem Thabeet for Billups.

• Owner

Trade Billups to Charlotte for Erick Dampier (expiring), DJ Augustin and a first-round pick. The Bobcats need a good starting point guard, and it reunites him with Larry Brown. Charlotte is always going to be defensively active as long as Wallace and Brown are involved, so bringing in Billups does nothing but help.

Lawson will start for Denver, they drop $13 million from their payroll, and Augustin backs up Lawson. The first-rounder could be nice, if the Bobcats struggle (they will be without Chandler and Felton).

Trade Billups to Charlotte for Erick Dampier (expiring), DJ Augustin and a first-round pick. The Bobcats need a good starting point guard, and it reunites him with Larry Brown. Charlotte is always going to be defensively active as long as Wallace and Brown are involved, so bringing in Billups does nothing but help.

Lawson will start for Denver, they drop $13 million from their payroll, and Augustin backs up Lawson. The first-rounder could be nice, if the Bobcats struggle (they will be without S-Jax and Felton).

Where's S-Jax going? Anyway, I like this deal for the Bobcats but I would only do it as the Nuggets if Melo is gone and decide to go into rebuilding mode.

^Don't want him either :lol:

I tabbed him as the next Dahntay Jones when he was drafted... awesome athlete, physical hard nosed player, above average defense, but can't shoot, and can only score by attacking the rim. He had little to show I was wrong.

Charlotte has so little trade value... I find none of their players of high value. For Billups, I'd rather take Dampier and future first round pick than taking any of their players, it's a little sad.