New York at Toronto

Real Deal

That was definitely off of Stoudemire. I honestly don't see why they even need to review this considering the ref was standing right in front of the play while it was clear as day during live play that it went off of Amare's foot.

That was a nasty crossover by Jack.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Pretty poor play out of the timeout. Why run the play for Barbosa, who is like 5-17 tonight when you have guys like Jack, Bargnani and Kleiza who have been shooting the ball pretty well all night long?

Oh well, Raptors are well on their way to the 1st overall pick. :glasses:

Agreed. Even thought Illson can really get me angry with some of his shot selection, he always seems to sink a fair amount of buckets. Amare came up big in the end and grabbed a few big boards. I was disapointed in Mozgov and expected a lot more outta of him other then 4 quick fouls, but loved how Fields stroked it and hustled on the boards.

Free NBA LP subscrip? don't tell ur blacked out

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw it. Guess that's what I get for not being on the board much today. Oh well, hooray for being able to watch next game!

Edited by The Reason

Agreed. Even thought Illson can really get me angry with some of his shot selection, he always seems to sink a fair amount of buckets. Amare came up big in the end and grabbed a few big boards. I was disapointed in Mozgov and expected a lot more outta of him other then 4 quick fouls, but loved how Fields stroked it and hustled on the boards.

In Mozgov's defense, he was stuck with a pretty difficult matchup. Bargnani was really on his game during the first half and Mozgov simply doesn't have what it takes to defend a player with Bargnani's skill set. He was completely out of his element whenever he had to step outside of the paint to defend Bargs. Add in the inevitable first NBA game nerves and it makes sense why he struggled so much.

Isn't he also more of a project as well?

Chandler was really impressive tonight for the Knicks. He really kept them in the game while Amare was struggling and Gallo couldn't hit anything. He completely dominated the Raptors whenever he had a mismatch, which was often as Triano seemed reluctant to make any changes (finally put Weems on him and a big on Gallo, but at that point it was too late).

Amare did a nice job of taking over down the stretch. Like the Chandler situation, I was pretty disapointed that the Raptors continued to have Evans guard him straight up even though it was clear that he couldn't contain him, especially considering how good of a job Bargnani did on him all night long. Other than the last 5 minutes or so of the 4th, I thought that Stoudemire was pretty awful all night long. He was forcing his game offensively and wasn't doing much defensively despite the fact that he was basically free to roam wherever he wanted considering he was guarding Evans. He made up for it late, though.

Well, this painful yet sporadically entertaining season is under way. The first thing I must say is Reggie had a great game on the boards. He was active and made the Knicks work for every rebound. You can see what a full training camp and preseason can do for a player. That said, I still think Amir should be the guy with the most minute however that cannot be accomplished when he is on the bench, something it seemed he corrected to a degree in the preseason.

I need to see more DeRozan, 26 minutes isn't bad but he is the future of this team and I think they need to develop him in situations such as late in games. The lineup of Jack, Barbosa and Calderon at the end of the game is just awful to me and to be honest if Jose is on the floor at all during crunch time I probably won't be happy.

I have more to write but I'm tired and it's early in the season and I feel alot of this will get repetitive. I just want Andrea, Ed and DeMar to develop and for Amir to earn his contract.

Well, this painful yet sporadically entertaining season is under way. The first thing I must say is Reggie had a great game on the boards. He was active and made the Knicks work for every rebound. You can see what a full training camp and preseason can do for a player. That said, I still think Amir should be the guy with the most minute however that cannot be accomplished when he is on the bench, something it seemed he corrected to a degree in the preseason.

The problem is that the Raptors can't give Johnson any sort of extended minutes because he is always in foul trouble. He picked up 3 fouls in the first 7 minutes of action that he saw and finished the game with 4 fouls in 12 minutes. As much as I would like to see him start and get extended minutes of action, at this point in time he simply isn't capable of seeing more than 15-18 minutes a night because of his constant fouling.

Honestly, if Evans is playing like he did tonight, I have no problems with him getting more minutes than Johnson either. I know this is basically the exact opposite of what I said before the preseason, but he is really impressing me with his play lately. I honestly think that he may be playing his way off of the team in a good way. If he plays like this for an extended period of time I can definitely see a team in need of big man depth looking to acquire him.

I need to see more DeRozan, 26 minutes isn't bad but he is the future of this team and I think they need to develop him in situations such as late in games. The lineup of Jack, Barbosa and Calderon at the end of the game is just awful to me and to be honest if Jose is on the floor at all during crunch time I probably won't be happy.

Definitely agree with DeRozan needing more time. I commented on it to my dad while we were watching the game. 26 minutes a night isn't enough for him at this point in time. Bringing him along slowly was fine and dandy last year, but this year it is time to throw him into the fire and see what he can do with not only extended minutes, but an extended role. He is still fairly passive, but he has started to show signs of being more aggressive and hopefully that will continue as the season goes along. I thought he played pretty well tonight, although his numbers don't exactly reflect that.

The Jack, Barbosa, Calderon lineup was only on the floor during the final possession because they needed a three and DeRozan isn't a threat from deep, which would've allowed the Knicks to leave him open and double somebody else. I don't have a problem with having Calderon on the floor in that situation, but if I ever see those three on the floor together for any sort of extended length of time, I'll definitely be disaponited.

and 4 ppg :lol:

Come on now...

He would average 2. :lol:

Seriously though, I can see Evans averaging close to 11 boards a night if he continues to get 30 minutes, the majority of them alongside Bargnani. He just doesn't quit on any play and goes after every loose ball. He won't contribute much in other areas, but he will definitely make an impact on the glass.

Pretty good win. Amar'e wasn't that impressive until the last quarter.

Felton looked pretty good, Gallinari ehh, the Russian rookie is a bum and will contribute nothing...

But in the end a win is certainly a win for the Knicks. We'll take 'em however they may come. :lol:

Oh yeah, the defense looks much improved with Amar'e and Turiaf as well as Douglas and Fields.