Milwaukee at New Orleans

• 1 month later...

Willie Green hit his first shot for the Hornets. Good Sign!!

I have a great vibe here that Corey Maggette is going to be massive for the Bucks this season, seriously. He looks so ready.

Yeah I agree. He's looked really good so far. Jennings and Gooden have also looked good.

It's going to be a fun season with all our new additions. :D

these refs are [expletive]ing jokes. 2 awful calls on Maggette, and just overall, they have been garbage.

Bogut, Maggette, Jennings, Delfino all look good.

Sanders meh, Dooling meh

Salmons have been god-awful.

Tied game after one half, not bad.

Foul situation:

Maggette (3)

Jennings (3)

Gooden (3)

Salmons (2)

I did love how Maggette came in and in 3 minutes scored 10 points and got to the rim 4 times.

Brandon Jennings: 7 PTS, 0 REB, 5 AST (2-5)

John Salmons: 2 PTS, 2 REB, 0 AST (1-5)

Carlos Delfino: 8 PTS, 5 REB, 0 AST (3-6)

Drew Gooden: 7 PTS, 3 REB, 0 AST (3-6)

Andrew Bogut: 7 PTS, 8 REB, 0 AST (3-9)

Bench:

Keyon Dooling: 0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST (0-1)

Earl Boykins: 2 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST (1-1)

Corey Maggette: 12 PTS, 5 REB, 0 AST (4-5)

Ersan Illysova: 2 PTS, 2 REB, 0 AST (0-3)

Larry Sanders: 0 PTS, 0 REB, 1 AST (0-1)

Team Stats: 17-42 FG (40.5%) 3-12 3PT (25.0%) 10-14 FT (71.4%) 6 AST, 26 REB, 16 PF

Tough loss. Especially with the no-call at the end that should have earned us 3 free throws in the final minute.

There were a lot of positives in this game though. Jennings looked great out there, grabbing a double-double with 15 points and 10 assists. I was also impressed with what Bogut was able to do following his terrible injury last season (15 points, 15 rebounds). Delfino hitting 5 of 10 3's to score a team high 19 points was also big for us.

The additions of Maggette and Gooden also seemed to be successful in game one. Gooden had 15 points and 11 rebounds while Maggette had 16 points and went 8 for 8 from the charity stripe.

However, I was unimpressed with Salmons. I know what he's capable and he just didn't show anything tonight. A mere 5 points on 2 of 8 shooting with no assists is something we can't have from him if we expect to compete for the division title. I was kind of surprised to see him play such a little role in this one after seeing what he could do with us last season.

Oh well... let's get 'em next time Bucks. :dribble:

LOL at that no-call at the end.

Anyways, we are without two of our top defensive players (Brockman and Luc) and CDR is hurt as well for us.

Jennings impressed me, although he should have took that 3 at the end.

John Salmons didn't play in one pre-season game, and he had 2 practices, what else would you expect from him? He's been hurt, I'll give him a pass on this one.

Delfino impressed me. Gooden sucks at defense, and Maggette can get to the line.

Pretty much sums it up. NO hit some ridiculous shots, was a good first game though.

LOL at that no-call at the end.

Anyways, we are without two of our top defensive players (Brockman and Luc) and CDR is hurt as well for us.

Jennings impressed me, although he should have took that 3 at the end.

John Salmons didn't play in one pre-season game, and he had 2 practices, what else would you expect from him? He's been hurt, I'll give him a pass on this one.

Delfino impressed me. Gooden sucks at defense, and Maggette can get to the line.

Pretty much sums it up. NO hit some ridiculous shots, was a good first game though.

I don't think Brockman is going to help us as much as people seem to think. He's young and hasn't proven much. I would have rather had someone like Tiny Gallon on the roster to be honest.

Ariza had a solid first half but after that his shot just wasn't going AT ALL. He needs to find his stroke again like he had to do with Houston, but this time he needs to find it sooner or else the Hornets' playoff chances won't be looking so hot.

• Owner

Ariza is a 3rd or 4th option scorer, top-notch defensive player. The more you ask him to score, the worse his defense gets throughout the season, and his shooting percentages will dip.

Spot-up shooter that can defend the perimeter...that's Ariza. Nothing more. That's why he's a champion on the Lakers, and on two other teams since 2008.

• Owner

Brockman is a hustle player and one heck of a defensive player. Have you ever watch him play? He boxes out, he does all the dirty work. He didn't play much last year, but when he did, he was awesome. Theres a reason why Kings fans were pissed when he signed with the Bucks.

Brockman? He's a fouling machine. His defensive numbers weren't that impressive when you consider the fact he was defending bench players and playing just 12 minutes a game (because he couldn't stop anyone without fouling them). In fact, they weren't that impressive, anyway...even if he was defending starters. Not that great of a help defender, either...not that he fouls anyone, he doesn't get to the slasher in time.

Very good work on the glass, though...but I'm not going to call him a good defensive player, or else I'd be calling Danny Fortson one. He'd average probably eight or nine boards a game if he were playing starter minutes, and fighting for boards against guys like Odom and Gasol, but he can't stay on the floor long enough, or produce against all-stars the way he can vs. deep bench players.

I distinctly remember Millsap's game against the Kings last season, where he completely OBLITERATED Brockman. He put up 32/14/7 and Brockman picked up five fouls in 12 minutes, didn't score a point, didn't do much of anything but get embarrassed, and they made fun of him on SportsCenter while showing how bad Millsap raped the Kings.

In 52 games, he played 20 or more minutes just nine times, 30+ just twice (and all he did was rebound in both games, go 2-9 shooting in one). In those nine games, he had under four fouls in just two of them.

If he contributes enough to be noticed, I'll eat crow...but I'm pretty sure I won't need to.