Houston at Golden State

• 1 month later...

The Warriors have to hope the Rockets are tired from playing on a 2nd day of a back-to-back to open the season. Maybe Yao doesnt play up to his full 24 minute limit, maybe he doesn't play at all. But if the Warriors are going to win, they will need to feed off the always AMAZING Warriors home arena crowd and use the Rockets tired legs against them.

Not only that, but Steph Curry HAS to play. i haven't checked any of the usual sites to see if he will be playing tonight, but i did hear prior to today that his ankle was getting better... so like every other Warriors fan, i hope he will be in the lineup and matching Aaron Brooks point for point!

I also want to check out the "new" commitment the Warriors have to defense. It wasn't atrocious in the preseason like it was all last season, but lets see if that carries over to when the games count!

Go Warriors!

• Owner

Scola playing a nice game so far, 13 points and 7 rebounds. We're going to need more of that from him especially during games Yao is out.

Offensively, but on defense, he's still lost out there. That game last night was bad...couldn't tell you how many times he lost track of Lamar.

That may be the biggest reason why the Rockets will need Yao for longer than 24 minutes a night. His presence alone changes shots in the paint.

Offensively, but on defense, he's still lost out there. That game last night was bad...couldn't tell you how many times he lost track of Lamar.

That may be the biggest reason why the Rockets will need Yao for longer than 24 minutes a night. His presence alone changes shots in the paint.

I want to say that the reason for his poor defense has just been Scola being exhausted from the World Championship, but you're right his head is just not into it on the defensive end. I don't know what is up but Rick needs to get through to him and get him committed on both ends of the floor.

Brooks

Martin

Scola

Hayes

That lineup is so bad defensively that Battier needs to be in the game at all times. Chuck is good when he's working out in the high post but he's useless under the rim.

i just want to say that Battier has been guarding Monta most of this game. not Brooks or Martin!

Battier is a shell of his former self but that is still an impressive feat by Ellis. Curry and Lee haven't had bad games either, Warriors fans have a lot to be excited for.