Houston at Golden State

• Owner

I can't believe Morey traded a top 5 defensive small forward and expected old man Battier to cover for Brooks and Martin, the worst defensive backcourt I've ever seen.

That'll be the issue they'll carry with them throughout the season, really. Battier and Martin looked like they played good defense on Bryant last night, but that's only because Kobe started 1-5, and he's barely getting lift on his jumpers.

Tonight, a healthy backcourt duo dropped 71 on Houston's backcourt. It's concerning, even with Yao out.

I doubt Lowry would've done much more to stop Curry or Ellis.

I don't think it's surprising the Rockets are struggling on defense, this was clearly a worry after we saw how the roster shaped up after all moves had been made. I didn't think it would be this bad, but at the same time the Warriors are the type of team that can rack up points in a hurry. Basically the better offense won tonight, I think the Rockets need another big badly, and Lowry will ease the pain that Aaron Brooks has caused on the defensive end.

• Like 1

DAMN!!! I wish I tuned into this game instead of the Blazers-Clippers one. Looks like Ellis and Curry went ape-[expletive], and it's good to see that Lee apparantly had no trouble fitting in just fine. I'm very excited to see the Warriors this season, I think they'll surprise some people.

Also, it's amazing how much in 2 seasons this Rockets teams' identity has changed. Just a year and a half ago they were an elite defensive team, and had been for the previous few seasons. Now that Adelman has gotten the toys he wanted, that identity has left the team. Hopefully they can get things together on that end of the floor.