Atlanta at Philadelphia

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

Observations from Section 209....

-New year, same old Sixers. Get you excited, let you down, rinse, repeat.

-It would be super nice if they played a full 4 quarters for once...

-This has the makings of a super long season. As a whole, this team cannot defend for [expletive].

-It is going to be very interesting to watch this Turner-Holiday dynamic play out. So far it looks like they can't be on the floor at the same time.

-I became a big Andres Nocioni fan tonight.

-The pre-game video is very weird/hilarious.

-Highlight of the night...5 or so young black kids a couple sections over cheering for Atlanta all game. It was pretty annoying but nobody really said anything. They start singing "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" near the end, and a middle aged white guy behind us screams "Hey...shut the [expletive] up!!!". I felt bad, but the kids were super annoying.

Observations from Section 209....

-New year, same old Sixers. Get you excited, let you down, rinse, repeat.

-It would be super nice if they played a full 4 quarters for once...

-This has the makings of a super long season. As a whole, this team cannot defend for [expletive].

-It is going to be very interesting to watch this Turner-Holiday dynamic play out. So far it looks like they can't be on the floor at the same time.

-I became a big Andres Nocioni fan tonight.

-The pre-game video is very weird/hilarious.

-Highlight of the night...5 or so young black kids a couple sections over cheering for Atlanta all game. It was pretty annoying but nobody really said anything. They start singing "na na na na hey hey hey goodbye" near the end, and a middle aged white guy behind us screams "Hey...shut the [expletive] up!!!". I felt bad, but the kids were super annoying.

At least the 76ers made it somewhat interesting at the end.

• Owner

It is going to be very interesting to watch this Turner-Holiday dynamic play out. So far it looks like they can't be on the floor at the same time.

Good point. I worried about this a little before the season started (only a little because it's not the Lakers, haha). Turner has to have the ball. If Philly wants to be successful, they need to stick the ball in Turner's hands, tell him to make plays for everyone else, and go from there. It's starting to look like he'll be leading this team for the next few seasons, especially after the Iggy-Deng rumors hit the air once again (true or not).

Turner was most effective in college when he was facilitating his offense. He won't average seven or eight assists, of course, but he's going to get guys open looks, or help swing the ball to an open man. They just can't play him as a spot-up shooter. He needs to be exclusively involved in the offense, or he'll be ineffective most of the night.