Denver at Houston

Real Deal

Why does Aaron get punked so bad on defense, hell even Affllalo at one point schooled him. The defense is painful to watch, this was by far the worse performance and the Yao time limit thing is just to random. The continuity and consistency is lost when you just throw him into the fold, it's all types of confusion .

You can't possibly play bad defense and go 3-19 from the 3pt line with yes again 19 turnovers. I can't even stand watching Brad Miller play on the defensive end, it's just pathetic seeing him running around like an idiot and then picking up a technical for acting like hes mad... Brad you suck on defense (you always have) shut your mouth and stop getting owned. Never thought I would say this but I can't wait till Dampier just gets out on the court and at least tries to get rebounds.... because that's what it's come down to "trying" not actually getting the rebound just boxing out and trying. When Al Harrington flew in between two Rockets players and just got the rebound and put it back in was when I chuckled at how pathetic a bad box out can really be.

This game pissed me off the most this season, mainly because the offense didn't show up either.

I love this win:

The Nuggets were playing the second game of a back-to-back and their third game in four nights. Meanwhile, the Rockets hadn't played since Wednesday and Saturday was also Houston's home opener, which meant a raucous crowd in red.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16481246#ixzz13uayP21Z

We played:

- the second game of a back-to-back

- 3rd in 4 nights

- we shot like crap (38%)

- on the road

Rockets:

- had plenty of rest

- home opener with fired up crowd

- shot pretty good (45%)

Yet we win? Wow... almost unheard of in my Nugget fandom so far.

What I loved was we played with a sense of sharing the ball (despite boasting volume shooters like Melo, Harrington, Billups) and an appetite for rebounding... Shelden's rebounding really rubs on the WHOLE team.

I'm starting to love this team... with or without Melo.

Sheldon played with a chip on his shoulder and was impressive. The Nuggets intensity late in the game was what surprised me especially being on a back to back. They out hustled they made threes when it counted, Harrington was a beast.

Bad defense from the Rockets yet again, but that doesn't take anything away form a solid Nuggets win at another teams home opener.

Why does Aaron get punked so bad on defense, hell even Affllalo at one point schooled him. The defense is painful to watch, this was by far the worse performance and the Yao time limit thing is just to random. The continuity and consistency is lost when you just throw him into the fold, it's all types of confusion .

You can't possibly play bad defense and go 3-19 from the 3pt line with yes again 19 turnovers. I can't even stand watching Brad Miller play on the defensive end, it's just pathetic seeing him running around like an idiot and then picking up a technical for acting like hes mad... Brad you suck on defense (you always have) shut your mouth and stop getting owned. Never thought I would say this but I can't wait till Dampier just gets out on the court and at least tries to get rebounds.... because that's what it's come down to "trying" not actually getting the rebound just boxing out and trying. When Al Harrington flew in between two Rockets players and just got the rebound and put it back in was when I chuckled at how pathetic a bad box out can really be.

This game pissed me off the most this season, mainly because the offense didn't show up either.

Hey htown you know who played good defense on Melo? Trevor Ariza.

Looks like I was right about Brad too, he literally can't do anything but make backdoor passes and the occasional long range jump shot. He's a glorified David Andersen on a MLE contract.

You are 0-2.

As for our horrible three point shooting, I think this team is going to live and die by the 3. The only positive for us has been our offense and we couldn't even that going.

Hey htown you know who played good defense on Melo? Trevor Ariza.

Looks like I was right about Brad too, he literally can't do anything but make backdoor passes and the occasional long range jump shot. He's a glorified David Andersen on a MLE contract.

You are 0-2.

LOL

Well I agreed with you when you said we would miss Ariza's defense I know he was a big success on that end but his offense was equally painful IMO. It's three games, two of which we easily could have got the win in so I don't think it's panic mode. But in no way did I envision them not trying, it's not even that we downgraded (which we did I know) but I am more pissed at the fact that we have not been that team that hustles to win. It's something that fans have gotten used to, and now that gritty attitude is gone, and they just look lazy. I agree Ariza being traded is partly responsible for that but other guys are not committing.

You see Harrington fly in between Scola and Yao and get a put-back uncontested. You see Aaron Brooks sagging off his man so much that as a player you can't even recover when the ball is swung to the player he is defending. You see guys not even attempting a box out, I mean these are things that would frustrate any basketball fan it's basic fundamentals.

I didn't expect the defense to be good this year, but I was hoping it would be average and then the offense could take care of the rest. Last night neither side did well, they could not buy a three even average defense would not have gotten the Rockets the win last night. On the flip side average defense would have probably made them 2-1 right now. But like you said they will live and die by the three.

As far as Miller goes, I knew he would suck on defense we all did but I liked the signing because he's an Adelman guy. The only thing I underestimated is how old he actually is now, he used to be a gritty dirty player at times lol now he just looks slow and lost. The Rockets don't help him much either as he's getting burned that's a team effort that deserves criticism as well. He's still better than David Anderson, DA wouldn't even step in the paint to get abused. ;)

I still like the trade, Courtney Lee comes in and is effective I would like to see him play more because Battier has hit a new low so far, he's useless yet he's the only guy on the team with a reputation for defense and he's been burned bad this season by guys as well.

Three games in the Rockets know what they need to fix, the earlier the better.

• Like 1

Well I agreed with you when you said we would miss Ariza's defense I know he was a big success on that end but his offense was equally painful IMO. It's three games, two of which we easily could have got the win in so I don't think it's panic mode. But in no way did I envision them not trying, it's not even that we downgraded (which we did I know) but I am more pissed at the fact that we have not been that team that hustles to win. It's something that fans have gotten used to, and now that gritty attitude is gone, and they just look lazy. I agree Ariza being traded is partly responsible for that but other guys are not committing.

43% shooting and 42% from behind the arc along along with his athletic plays hardly should be considered bad. I'm sure watching him get that triple double last season was too painful for you to watch too huh? :P Seriously though, I agree Ariza's offense was cringe worthy in the beginning of the season but I loved watching him play on both sides of the floor when he slid into a 3rd or 4th option type role.

You see Harrington fly in between Scola and Yao and get a put-back uncontested. You see Aaron Brooks sagging off his man so much that as a player you can't even recover when the ball is swung to the player he is defending. You see guys not even attempting a box out, I mean these are things that would frustrate any basketball fan it's basic fundamentals.

I didn't expect the defense to be good this year, but I was hoping it would be average and then the offense could take care of the rest. Last night neither side did well, they could not buy a three even average defense would not have gotten the Rockets the win last night. On the flip side average defense would have probably made them 2-1 right now. But like you said they will live and die by the three.

Agreed, the effort just isn't there.

As far as Miller goes, I knew he would suck on defense we all did but I liked the signing because he's an Adelman guy. The only thing I underestimated is how old he actually is now, he used to be a gritty dirty player at times lol now he just looks slow and lost. The Rockets don't help him much either as he's getting burned that's a team effort that deserves criticism as well. He's still better than David Anderson, DA wouldn't even step in the paint to get abused.

And I'll take Dampier and Jordan Hill (seriously Rick what the hell?) over Brad. ;)

I still like the trade, Courtney Lee comes in and is effective I would like to see him play more because Battier has hit a new low so far, he's useless yet he's the only guy on the team with a reputation for defense and he's been burned bad this season by guys as well.

Three games in the Rockets know what they need to fix, the earlier the better.

The only role for Battier now is to be the vocal leader for the Rockets on the defensive end and that doesn't seem to be working.

Lets hope they find that fix though.

• Like 1