Toronto at Portland

The more we lose, the more we win. BARNES HERE WE COME

I'd be fine with Irving, too.

I'd also be fine with Perry Jones.

As long as the Raptors finish dead last in the league and are guaranteed a top 4 pick and one of Barnes/Irving/Jones/Knight I'll be happy, although obviously I want the 1st pick so that they can get Barnes as he is the best prospect in this years draft.

It is so weird to me that Demar is so competent and smooth at everything except shooting. I mean even his fade on the right baseline looks nice, but his spot up jumper is just so gross.

To add to that, in college he lived off of mid range jumpers. That was basically how he scored all of his points during his lone season at USC but so far in his NBA career he has been completely off with his jumper, with the exception of a couple of games.

Julian Wright has been impressive tonight, though. I like what he has done over the past two games.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

From what ive heard Barnes sounds like one of those can't miss prospects, I will probably follow the college game quite a bit more this year, at least from a standpoint of the top prospects. I heard he might not even come out after his first year though.

To be honest, we've had a star wing, we've had a star big, it'd be nice to take a crack at a star point this time :lol: that Barnes kid sounds really good, sounds like he has a really good head on his shoulder too, might not be too superficial about the Toronto [expletive].

Also I want us to get a late pick and draft one of those Canadian kids lol.

EDIT: lol speak of the devil, Leo reading my mind.

Edited by Check my Stats

• Owner

Not saying it would be good to do every season, but I would like one season where I root for my team to get the first pick in the draft. Back in the 2004-05 season, LA won 34 games...but they were a good team before Kobe and Odom both fell to injury, so it was a bit different.

From what ive heard Barnes sounds like one of those can't miss prospects, I will probably follow the college game quite a bit more this year, at least from a standpoint of the top prospects. I heard he might not even come out after his first year though.

To be honest, we've had a star wing, we've had a star big, it'd be nice to take a crack at a star point this time :lol: that Barnes kid sounds really good, sounds like he has a really good head on his shoulder too, might not be too superficial about the Toronto [expletive].

Also I want us to get a late pick and draft one of those Canadian kids lol.

He will be coming out unless he has an absolutely awful year at UNC, which frankly isn't going to happen. I don't care how much you value education, you don't pass up the guarantee of being picked first overall. You can always go and finish your degree during the summer like Carter did, Durant is doing etc... He'll be entering the draft.

As for him as a prospect, he doesn't have the ceiling of a guy like Wall or Griffin, but I think he is basically a guaranteed All-Star player in the NBA. He is just so fluid and oozes talent. He doesn't have world class athleticism but he definitely has elite skills. I haven't seen a lot of him so I can't really give much of a breakdown, but from what I have seen of him, you can tell that he is going to be a great player.

I don't know if Joseph or Thompson will enter the draft this year, though. I can maybe see Joseph if he has a great year, but I'd be shocked if Thompson left early.

I'm not going to lie, though. I'd be estatic if the Raptors got the 1st pick, drafted Barnes and then managed to get Joseph with a later pick too. That would be awesome.

I just want us to draft our saviour lol, I am sick of us being the laughing stock of the NBA. People think players don't want to come here because of the snow, but if we were winning I bet the tune would change. I don't care if its Barnes, Irving, whoever, this team needs someone who will not only put us back on the map, but win us so God damn games.

My biggest concern is we draft a top 3 player, then we try and win the season immediately after, just like Bargnani. Let these guys grow together, let them lose together, let them get better together, let them win together.

Actually I lied, my biggest fear is that we draft Jonas Val first.

Edited by Check my Stats