Toronto at Washington

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

games on TSN are awesome. [expletive]ing blows that Wall is out, decreases our chances of losing and we don't get to watch him play. hopefully Demar has another good game, sit out Kleiza/Barbosa.

Yi is out for Washington tonight, too. If that makes any difference.

Sounds like Evans will miss the game for Toronto, though. Again, if that makes any difference. :lol:

These are the games that the Raptors need to lose. I'm fine with them winning games agaisnt contenders like Orlando, but when playing against the other cellar dwelling teams like Washington, Philly, LAC etc... they need to lose.

I don't often actually cheer for the Raptors to lose, but tonight I will be.

EDIT: In case you were wondering, Barbosa isn't playing (he didn't even come on the road trip) and Kleiza most likely will as he practiced with the team the other day.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Packed house at the Verizon Center tonight! :lol:

That would've been an absolutely nasty poster from Johnson if he managed to finish it over McGee.

Speaking of McGee, he is ridiculously long. Dumb as dirt and doesn't have much talent, but god damn, he is huge. Raptors can't handle his size and they are getting killed on the glass right now (13-3).

Sonny Weems is playing awesome right now. He definitely deserves to stay in the starting lineup. 9 points on 4/5 shooting.

PS: Perry Jones had 12 points/11 rebs/4 blocks earlier today. Seems worth mentioning, especially in this thread.

There's like no one at the Verizon Center...Is it because Wall isn't playing or is it because we're playing the Raptors?

Probably a combination of both. I can't imagine the Raptors are a very popular draw around the league and the Wizards don't exactly have much to look forward to outside of Wall.

Speaking of McGee, he is ridiculously long. Dumb as dirt and doesn't have much talent, but god damn, he is huge. Raptors can't handle his size and they are getting killed on the glass right now (13-3).

Yeah there were times in that first quarter where he looked like Dwight Howard.

Sonny Weems is playing awesome right now. He definitely deserves to stay in the starting lineup. 9 points on 4/5 shooting.

He has looked great early on, only missed one shot in that quarter.

We gotta step it up on defense, our offense has been fine, shooting well over 50%, and are getting good looks at the basket. With Yi out, I hope Flip decides to play Seraphin, we need to start giving him some minutes. Expand that rotation, now is the best time for it.

Young certainly isn't shy, eh? 5 shot attempts in like 4 minutes. :lol:

And in other news, Jared Sullinger has 22 points and 9 rebounds on 11-6 shooting right now.

Is it sad that I'm more into watching the OSU and Duke box scores to see how Sullinger and Irving are playing than watching this game?

Is it sad that I'm more into watching the OSU and Duke box scores to see how Sullinger and Irving are playing than watching this game?

Lol not at all, I did that a ton last season. :unsure:

Nick Young's shot has been on tonight, keep shooting the rock (it's all he knows how to do).

I'm really liking the improvements that Weems is showing with his long range jumper. He has always had great mechanics on his shot so it isn't a surprise at all to see him knocking down perimeter jumpers. He has all of the tools to become a very good shooter and over the last few games it seems like he is deveolping a lot of confidence in his long range jumper. 2/2 tonight so far and you knew that both of them were money the minute they left his hand.

It is amazing how much more interested I am in this team when DeRozan and Weems are on the floor, though. When those two aren't on the floor, and Davis still injured, there just isn't anything worth watching in regards to this team.

PS: Sullinger now has 26/11 on 13-18 shooting. Irving picked up 2 quick fouls, though, so he won't see much action tonight.

Great start to the 2nd half for the Raptors. This is the kind of play that I like to see from them. Way to out tank the Wizards. Brilliant decision from Triano to insert a lineup of Andersen/Evans/Weems/Banks/Calderon.

Seriously though, I turn the game to the Leaf game for about 5 minutes and I turn it back only to see the Raptors down by 20. What the hell happened? :lol:

We should just start a draft watch thread now

I've actually almost made one numerous times before, but I figured it would be a bit much. :lol:

Kyrie Irving has 8 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists on 2-3 shooting and 4-5 free throw shooting in 17 minutes tonight, in case anybody was wondering.

Jay Triano does it again!

From "What the [expletive] you gonna do?"

to

"We're playing like horse[expletive]!"

I love this man.

PS: Irving is now at 13/5/2 on 3/4 shooting and 6/7 from the line in 21 minutes (he is probably done for the night too, as Duke is up 75-35 with 3 minutes left). Nice job of bouncing back from those early fouls.

just a bad game.

So much for Demar being more involved, despite him getting more minutes, hardly any plays were run for him, he took less than 10 shots, inexcusable. Bargnani needs to gtfo, his unconditional minutes/shot attempts are infuriating, he is [expletive]ing garbage. BC has admitted every mistake he has made, even Jose he traded at one point, but Bargnani, I do not understand his refusal to admit this mistake. [expletive]ing trade him, there will be a market for him, albeit probably pretty small, someone would take a flyer on the guy.