Houston at Toronto

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Rockets creeping up on the Raptors for the #3 pick.

Anyways I'm really looking forward to this game, the Rockets and Raptors gameday threads are some of the best . Should be fun.

Barbosa will be back in the lineup tonight.

All indications I got yesterday were that Leandro Barbosa will be back in the lineup tonight, giving Jay a full complement of wings for the first time in a while.

And given Houston’s backcourt speed, I’m thinking we’ll see a lot of the Brazilian blur.

Toronto’s defence, while better than last year, still lacks in the whole “keeping people in front of them” department and a guy with Barbosa’s speed can only help.

But, as we know, it crowds the rotation a little bit.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2010/11/a-return-of-speed-and-an-all-star-ballot-gaffe-as-it-turns-out.html

Honestly, I'm disappointed. I would've rather had him sit out for longer (have that wrist surgery) so that we can get an extended look of what Weems, DeRozan and, to a lesser extent, Kleiza can do with an increase in minutes. Now DeRozan and Weems will both be below 30 minutes and Barbosa will probably continue his chucking ways.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that Weems will start to chuck again. When Barbosa went down he really eased up on the chucking, but when he was in the lineup he was playing awful. I pray he doesn't revert back to that form.

Thank God this is on TSN, three games in a row on TV for me, that has to be a record so far lol. This is an important game for us, we need to lose this game. Barbosa and Linas both being back now, I like our chances (of losing).

Sonny should still be starting, he has been killing it since getting those minutes and deserves a chance to keep it up. Triano wants to win, and Weems, right now, gives us the best chance to do that (unfortunately). He is putting up 18 PPG in games when he gets over 30 MPG.

Sonny's stroke from 3 looks even better than solid at this point. Normally I don't like posting that early in this type of thread, but I want to before I forget. I can't get enough of this kid right now. It'd be nice though, if him and Derozan could find a way to both be effective. It really seems like a one or the other sort of thing.

Also, Bargnani is looking relatively impressive on the glass early :o

We suck on both ends of the ball, with the starters in there we obviously play better offense but defensively we still are giving them what ever they want it seems to me that the only shots the missed have been layups that have rolled off the rim. We play the same way we played that second quarter again we are going to get our [expletive] kicked hard for the rest of the game.

This read and react offense is so stupid when you have a team that can't read.

Can we just fire Adelman, this is pathetic.

And just who are we going to replace him with? The coaching crop isn't very good right now unlike this past offseason.