Phoenix at Houston

Real Deal

• Owner

Battier is still there because he's still an effective defensive player.

The problem is, he's only effective when the Rockets have Yao in the paint, or another wing defender, because Battier is one of the best at leading his man into traps and help D.

If Houston isn't going to play defense, as a team, Battier becomes useless. The less defense played by the team, the more Battier works on that side of the ball...and the less energy he has back on offense.

Spurs gave you guys Scola, it's time for the Rockets to do the Spurs a solid. give us Shane!!!!

I'd trade him for a second rounder and Vassilis Spanoulis.

But we need his expiring contract in case anything happens around the trade deadline.

Yea he's been out the last couple games with an injury. Words can't even describe how badly we need him back.

Really? Obviously I haven't watched the past few game but from what I have seen of the Suns (a lot of games considering I live in PHX) he has been a non-factor

Battier is still there because he's still an effective defensive player.

The problem is, he's only effective when the Rockets have Yao in the paint, or another wing defender, because Battier is one of the best at leading his man into traps and help D.

If Houston isn't going to play defense, as a team, Battier becomes useless. The less defense played by the team, the more Battier works on that side of the ball...and the less energy he has back on offense.

Pretty much. Battier is a team defender and when your team can't defense its just him out there alone and he looks more useless than he actually is.

Really? Obviously I haven't watched the past few game but from what I have seen of the Suns (a lot of games considering I live in PHX) he has been a non-factor

Offensively he's a non factor but he helps out tremendously on defense, especially when you have Frye replacing him in the starting line up.

I'd trade him for a second rounder and Vassilis Spanoulis.

But we need his expiring contract in case anything happens around the trade deadline.

OH god I would jump at that in a heart beat..... :lol: Spanoulis is extremely hated by the majority of Spurs fans..You guys can have Nando De Colo as well.

• Owner

The thing with Lopez is that he actually plays like a big. Channing Frye would rather stand 23 feet from the rim.

Without Lopez, the Suns are one of the smallest teams in the NBA. It would work for Nash any other season, because the idea was to pick and roll teams to death with Amare, Marion, and all of their shooters...but with both of them gone, it's just Steve doing two times the work with Father Time creeping up on him.

As Charles Barkley said, Father Time is undefeated.

Rockets do have some awesome expiring contracts Yao's 17 million, Shane Battier's 7.4 million, Jeffries with 6-7 million, and Hayes with 3-4 million. If Rockets resign Shane Battier i'll probably tear my hair out though.

Yep once again the Rockets have huge expiring contracts at their disposal. We could either trade them in hopes of getting back an all-star or we could let them expire and target some key free agents (Marc Gasol or Thad Young anyone?).

OH god I would jump at that in a heart beat..... :lol: Spanoulis is extremely hated by the majority of Spurs fans..You guys can have Nando De Colo as well.

Nando De Colo? Morey rapes this deal.

Yep once again the Rockets have huge expiring contracts at their disposal. We could either trade them in hopes of getting back an all-star or we could let them expire and target some key free agents (Marc Gasol or Thad Young anyone?).

Nando De Colo? Morey rapes this deal.

Meh (first of all the Spurs don't have the contracts to make this happen, but just for fun say they did.) V-Span will most likely never come to the NBA, and De Colo is still probably two years away. The Spurs however are trying to win a ring now, and getting Shane for Euro Trash and a 2nd rounder would be ideal. Battier isn't as good as he once was but he would come in handy against Kobe if the Spurs and Lakers were to meet in th PO.