Phoenix at Houston

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

I'm glad I didn't end up buying tickets for this game because I was expecting the Rockets to be playing better when I was considering about buying the tickets (either this or the Wednesday game). However, if this game turns out to be a nail-biter and we win the game on a Kevin Martin buzzer beater, I will shoot myself in the foot.

It's great to see Courtney Lee run the court he's dangerous when he gets to the basket, Ish and Kyle will find him. He was struggling shooting he has the ability to do more than just settle good look so far.

Oh ya Bud sucks if he can't make one damn shot he's USELESS.

• Owner

I'm starting to believe that teams are just letting off the gas, not intentionally, to let the Rockets back into these games. I have watched three of them go this way, where Houston seems to put themselves back into it, only to come up short...and all three, it's basically a cold streak by the other team, where it's really not Houston defending them well, just that team missing shots.

Or, Houston gets a lot of open jumpers out of plays that really weren't working for them (and shouldn't work for them) most of the game.

I'm not so sure this team is built for the playoffs. Even with Yao, I don't know. They would be able to score more, defend better, but I'm not sure if Yao would be enough to change the entire direction of this team, one that is heading south quicker than most expected.

It literally feels like every single game. They work there [expletive] off to get back into the game sometimes and then go on a massive cold streak mainly resulting from the horrible defense.

Also someone always falls short on the team, you don't get a consistent contribution from guys with the exception of Luis Scola on the offensive end.

Shane Battier missed a key three that may have just changed the complexion of the game, and it was wide open while the Rockets were on a major streak closing the gap.

Budinger a X factor last year is a no show this year, he's been struggling with his ankle but he has not found a rhythm all year. In close games guys making open shots, and big plays is what is going to win it for you when you are undermanned. Not saying this solves the problem and the Rockets turn things around because that defense is horrid, but at least for close ones it will make the difference.

Props to Courtney Lee on getting his act together tonight, and Jordan Hill was fantastic get that guy on the court and keep him on it.

Brad Miller silent assassin he has actually been fun to watch on the offensive end lol

"the offensive end" ..... a common trend in this post.