Philadelphia at Miami

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Elton Brand is not out. It was just a one game suspension.

My bad, thought I read somewhere he was out against the Heat. Thanks for the correction.

And lmao at the Heat, 76ers shooting 51.4% while we are shooting 43.6%. Carlos Arroyo keeping up his good shooting though.

Edited by platoon793

Well this game is over, Sixers had plenty of chances but they just couldn't get over the hump. I don't even know how the Sixers manage to score into the 80's, their offense is horrible. Time to switch to the Laker game lol.

The offense isn't that terrible. It is the defense that is horrendous. This is the best defensive effort of the season bar-none. And they will still wind up losing by 15-20, go figure, haha. All in all, a horrendous team, but they can score in spurts.

The offense isn't that terrible. It is the defense that is horrendous. This is the best defensive effort of the season bar-none. And they will still wind up losing by 15-20, go figure, haha. All in all, a horrendous team, but they can score in spurts.

This was the first Sixers game I watched this season, and the only way the Sixers seem to generate any sort of points is on fastbreaks, their halfcourt offense is horrible. I'm not a big fan of Iggy's game, as a #1 option he has got to be able to score in more than one way. Right now he's only effective when he's attacking the hole and that's not going to cut it. He needs to become a better jumpshooter for this team to go anywhere.

It also looks as if Elton Brand is out of shape, he barely gets off the ground. The only way he scored tonight was on putbacks from what I remember, his faceup game wasn't there and he just seemed slow and predictable in the post.

I also think Spencer Hawes doesn't fit with what this team is doing right now. He's not your traditional center who rebounds and scores in the post. From the Kings games that I watched last season he was most effective when when he was working away from the basket, he's probably the best three point shooter among the starting five lol.

And lasly why is Joodie Meeks not getting more playing time? Was it a one game deal? Dude was lighting it up tonight and his defense on Wade was exceptional. The Sixers need more guys like him who can defend and stretch the floor.

This was the first Sixers game I watched this season, and the only way the Sixers seem to generate any sort of points is on fastbreaks, their halfcourt offense is horrible. I'm not a big fan of Iggy's game, as a #1 option he has got to be able to score in more than one way. Right now he's only effective when he's attacking the hole and that's not going to cut it. He needs to become a better jumpshooter for this team to go anywhere.

It also looks as if Elton Brand is out of shape, he barely gets off the ground. The only way he scored tonight was on putbacks from what I remember, his faceup game wasn't there and he just seemed slow and predictable in the post.

I also think Spencer Hawes doesn't fit with what this team is doing right now. He's not your traditional center who rebounds and scores in the post. From the Kings games that I watched last season he was most effective when when he was working away from the basket, he's probably the best three point shooter among the starting five lol.

And lasly why is Joodie Meeks not getting more playing time? Was it a one game deal? Dude was lighting it up tonight and his defense on Wade was exceptional. The Sixers need more guys like him who can defend and stretch the floor.

No argument on any of that, really. The biggest issue with the offense is that it is so damn inconsistent. Surprisingly large amount of talented scorers, but they also all have pretty large holes in their game.

Also, I'll be honest, I did not watch much more than half of this game. Not sure what the deal with Elton Brand was tonight, perhaps he just had a bad game, but he has been one of the only bright spots this season. Physically he has looked as good as he ever has with the Sixers. But like the rest of the team, he is rather inconsistent.

Iggy is kind of infuriating sometimes. He is the number one option by default, although he is not good enough to be a true number one option.. I feel like sometimes he takes this to heart and tries to do too much. I really think he'd be awesome on a team like the Lakers or Celtics, where he doesn't feel pressured to carry to the team.

As for Spencer Hawes, I have found him to be completely horrible in every phase of the game. He is just a waste of space. Epitome of a guy getting drafted high because of his size and little else. I want him off of the team. Problem is, there aren't many better options. I guess I'd rather give Marreese Speights more minutes, but he only plays defense when he wants to. And Tony Battie is definitely too old to carry the load.

With Meeks, I have no clue why he hasn't played more. I've been asking the same question myself. Same deal with Craig Brackins (although I don't think he played at all tonight). This season is already lost, so give the young guys a shot.

Cool, I didn't know you were here too bro. :glasses:

I used to post a lot here back in the day (a year or two ago, don't really remember). Haven't really posted that much recently.

This game wasn't really that good in my opinion for the Heat. For a lot of the game it was close and 76ers are like the worst team in the East, so this win wasn't exactly the type of win I expected/hoped for.

Edited by platoon793

• Owner

Was Evan Turner injured? He didn't play much when I was watching (didn't see the entire game, though, but every time I changed it over, he wasn't on the court).

Why is Hawes even starting? I don't even get why the Sixers traded for him.

As far as the Heat go, I told my brother that one of the big three would shoot poorly. This game, it was LeBron. They can rack up 100 points every game, or shoot 45% or better, but there are still problems with this offense. Wade and James aren't going to be a huge threat until they both get their shots to fall at the same time, and they are having trouble doing so in almost every single game this season because both are uncertain as to how they need to play. Since neither are really great off the ball, this is going to be an issue for a while.