Toronto at New York

Real Deal

• 3 months later...

One thing about Demar that really annoys me is that he is scared to get hit and always 2nd pumps. And when he goes have an open lane he tries to get the contact but throw up a wild shot instead of going straight up. If you get blocked you get blocked, don't make yourself miss.

• Owner

I don't know what's better, winning, or watching Turiaf celebrate when we make big plays! I love this man, how could the Lakers ever let him go?

He wanted too much money, was fouling almost seven times in an average of 36 minutes of play, had trouble shooting the ball in the third season with us, and he didn't play much defense (by the numbers, he's playing even worse on the defensive end in his last three years -- with GSW and NYK).

The celebrating became a distraction at some points in the season, also...sort of like those for the Cavaliers.

Had we known we would've needed a big man DESPERATELY this season, I'm sure we would've tried harder to keep him...but $4.5 million was a helluva step up from where he was with us, and we had already made that mistake with Walton and Radmanovic, and decided that Vujacic would be our third mistake involving overpaid players.