LA Lakers at Toronto

Real Deal

• 3 months later...

Get to actually watch this game, so that will probably mean that the Raptors will get slaughtered and everybody will play like complete garbage. That seems to be the case whenever I watch their games. The games that I miss also seem to always be the ones that they play well in and certain players really step up (Bargs 24 in the 2nd half against Jersey, Bayless 32/5/9 or whatever, DeRozan's 22 in Miami etc...).

Have to wake up at 10AM to watch this, though. I should probably go to bed now that I think about it, haha.

Yeah, I'd just check ATDHE. They always have links for Raptor games. Just keep checking back and one should eventually be up.

Jack Armstrong: "Amir Johnson involved in a collision and... HE DOESN'T COMMIT A FOUL!"

:lol:

Even though he hasn't had many blocks this year so far, I really love the way that Davis contests shots in the paint. He has been dunked on a couple of times this year, like Gasol just did there, but he still tries to contest everything at the rim. Raptors haven't had a guy like that inside since Jermaine O'Neal.

Nice spin move in the post from Kobe. I hope the Raptors don't plan on going with single coverage with DeRozan on Kobe all game long, especially in the post. He will pick DeRozan apart if they do.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Matt Devlin's overreactions are just so awesome. Guy just had a legit orgasm after Amir's oop. You could barely understand what he was saying because he was so excited.

That was a nice dunk, though.

Amir loves playing the Lakers it seems like. Had 14/15 against them in LA and already has 12 points tonight on 6/6 shooting. Just picked Odom's pocket when he tried to drive by him, too. Love his game so far.

Pretty close on that goaltend. I thought it was one for sure when it happened live, but on the replay it looks like Davis may have got there in time. Oh well, he doesn't have the respect as a shot blocker from the officials to get those 50/50 calls yet.

Fisher has to be a top 5, maybe top 3, flopper in the league. That flop he pulled on Barbosa was hilarious. Barbosa was probably about 4 inches to Fisher's left, doesn't even come close to touching him and Fisher randomly throws himself to his right, wildly kicking his feet out and gets the call. Pretty hilarious how easily refs fall for flops now. Can't complain about the players doing it if you are going to constantly reward them for it.

Also, I found it pretty funny how Alabi gets his first legitimate game action against the Lakers despite being in the lineup against teams like New Jersey or in blowouts like the Chicago game. Throw him into the fire agains the Lakers ridiculous size and have him guard arguably the most skilled offensive big in the league in Gasol. Welcome to the NBA, rook! :lol:

Damn too bad Bargnani isn't playing today I missed all first half But I'm going to watch the second half.. Trailing by 8. Lakers tired. We have a chance

If anything, the Raptors are the ones who look tired. They seemed to blow all of their energy in the 1st quarter by scoring 34 points and shooting 60% from the floor. In the 2nd half all of their jumpers were short and hitting front rim, which is usually a sign of fatigue. Plus, they were doing a great job of getting into the open court in the 1st quarter but basically stopped running in the 2nd (part of which can be attributed to them not getting turnovers or stops in the 2nd). Guys like Johnson and Davis looked absolutely gassed at the end of the half as well.

smh, horribly scheduled game by the NBA

And why is that? It's not like the Lakers played last night at home or anything. They had yesterday off. Is it brutal scheduling whenever an Eastern team goes to LA and has to play at 7:30?

Lakers are just being out worked in this quarter by the Raptors, and they are still up by 8 points.

DeRozan is just lighting it up right now. I've never seen him play with this kind of confidence before. He has been a different player since the 1st half ended. It is about damn time that the team is actually feeding the ball. Usually whenever he gets on a roll he doesn't see the ball for the next 5 possessions. 19 points in the quarter, 23 for the game on only 10 shots. This is far and away the best I've everr seen him play.

Barbosa from half court! And then he goes and hands the ball to a fan. :lol:

The Lakers are toying with the Raptors and have been the entire game. The Lakers start chucking up jumpers and stupid shots which allows the Raptors to get out and run and cut into their lead, like what happened in the 1st and 3rd quarters. Once the Raptors get it within 6-8 points, the Lakers pound the ball inside and build the lead back up to 13-15 points. Rinse and repeat.

It also doesn't help the Raptors much that their front court is Joey Dorsey and Linas Kleiza right now. :lol:

^^^ See what I mean. Raptors cut it down to a 7 point lead, Lakers go on a run and extend it back up to 12. It has been like this all game long.

DeRozan scores 19 points in the 3rd quarter and what does he get in return? One touch late in the shot clock in the 4th, then gets benched for 5 minutes. Awesome. :rolleyes:

Kleiza has played well today, though. Doing a nice job on the glass, battling against Odom down low and has, for the most part, played within himself offensively. If only he could play like this all of the time because he can be a really nice player when he doesn't force things and plays within himself.

And why is that? It's not like the Lakers played last night at home or anything. They had yesterday off. Is it brutal scheduling whenever an Eastern team goes to LA and has to play at 7:30?

Lakers are just being out worked in this quarter by the Raptors, and they are still up by 8 points.

DeRozan is just lighting it up right now. I've never seen him play with this kind of confidence before. He has been a different player since the 1st half ended. It is about damn time that the team is actually feeding the ball. Usually whenever he gets on a roll he doesn't see the ball for the next 5 possessions. 19 points in the quarter, 23 for the game on only 10 shots. This is far and away the best I've everr seen him play.

Barbosa from half court! And then he goes and hands the ball to a fan. :lol:

Its because there is football on!

Its because there is football on!

Right, my bad. Forgot about how popular football is in the States. :lol:

I honestly hate this Raptors team, though. DeRozan plays the best quarter of his NBA career, puts the team on his back and scores 19 points. What is his reward? 1 touch in the entire 4th quarter and that doesn't even count consideirng he was thrown the ball with about 4 seconds left on the shot clock and had to put up a fadeaway over two defenders to beat the clock.

EDIT: Lol, why are the Raptors fouling down 8 points with 10 seconds left? They don't foul down by 7 with 30 seconds left, but now they do. This team does everything backwards. Go away from the hot hand, foul when they shouldn't, shoot when they should pass and pass when they should shoot, etc...

At least it is entertaining.