Houston at Portland

Fair enough.

2 games don't make a season. I could find a 2 game stretch (if not more) where Trevor Ariza was our best player last season. Regardless if whether Budinger is back to his old form, I'd still rather have Terrence out on the floor because he brings so much more to the table than Bud.

True but Bud just had a bad start, he will be a beast in the upcoming games.

True but Bud just had a bad start, he will be a beast in the upcoming games.

The thing is do the Rockets really need another scorer on the team? I loved Chase's bursts off the bench last season but I'd honestly rather have Terrence's passing, rebounds, and defense to go with his slashing and scoring ability. Dude is the total package and has a much, much higher ceiling than Chase. I just don't see why anyone would want Bud on the floor over Terrence unless it meant building his trade value.

Also I have to go back to this:

Not rly, the Rockets just faced an opponent thats very good at home, we will see how the Rockets are when we start facing quality teams at home.

I can understand that the Blazers are a tough team to beat at home but they are missing their two core players (their story seems very similar to that of Houston's injuries over the years). It may be just one game but the Rockets losing to an average NBA team on the road isn't a very good sign.

Lets face it, the only way the Rockets make it to the second round of the playoffs is if they can avoid a match-up with the Spurs/Mavs/Lakers, which would mean that we would have to be a top 5 team in the West. And honestly I don't think we are even close to that level, and you can forget about the Jazz and Thunder either. The only way I can see Houston making a run in the playoffs is if they can acquire another all-star caliber player (Iggy, etc), and you can't bank on a trade that may or may not happen.