Best Bench in NBA?

So far, I think the Cavs have the best bench in the league right now.

We have Zydrunas Ilgauskas, the tallest player next season since Yao won't be playing next year as out backup Center. He is a former allstar, averaged 13 ppg and 8 rpg last year. He could start on any team but withS haq here, he'll be coming off the bench. The Cavs were efficient with LeBron on the bench last year with Mo doing the scoring. Imagien how more effecient they can be now with Mo and Z together while LeBron is on the bench.

Second, Anthony Parker scored 11 ppg as a starter for Toronto and shoots the 3 well. With his length, he could definitely start on any NBA team, but judging from Delonte and Mo's success of playing off each other, Parker will come off then bench.

Then you got Daniel Gibson, who the past two years has been held down form reaching his potentially a lot of injuries. His arm will be better and he will be lights out from the 3 next year. Add in Tarence Kinsey, who has had a fantastic Summer League and will know the system in Cleveland better entering his second year. Also Danny Green and Darnell Jackson have had solid summer leagues. Jackson is very tough and has the size. Green has shot the 3 extremely well and comes from a winning background in UNC.

And the Cavs are focusing on signing Rob Kurz, who is a poor man's Hedo. He can shoot and would be the replacement for Wally. Also we may still resign Joe Smith.

Imo, our bench, as if it wasn't good last year, got even better this year. We added 2 starters to our bench, one sixth man waiting to rise to the occasion for the first time since his 2007 ECF rookie explosion (Daniel Gibson), 4 players with their second year as a Cav (Jawad, JJ, Darnell, and Tarence) who have all showed brilliant signs of potential be it in the regular season or during the summer league, and the two rookies who have had great summer leagues in Green and Eyenga.

This is just an assumption. While we may still have faults in our team, would anyone say we have one of if not the best bench in the league?

I'd say Portland is up there too. You have Travis Outlaw who is streaky but when he's on, he's on. Then you have Rudy Fernandez who is lights out from three and when the opportunity rises, he can be a pretty good dunker too. Not to mention if Greg Oden is starting, you have Pryzbilla who is a defensive beast and wont back down from anyone in the league. Or if Pryz is starting, Oden is also pretty damn good too when not in foul trouble. Then Jerryd Bayless who has loads of potential and is more than likely our future PG for the team.

I'd say ours is pretty good.

I don't think its the best bench.

Parker is a great player but last year as a raptor you could tell he was on his way down. Big Z will tkae him to asjust to his new role. I can'tsee Gibson breaking out again, he has hit a big low and is gonna take awhileto break out. And the rest will all be practice players or if someone gets hurt. Its top 5 maybe, but I would take Orlando, Portland, Lakers (if they resign Odom), Spurs, Mavs, to take a few.

But it's not even close lol, it's not like you compare Stephen Jackson who can shoot and clutch but in terms and ball handling and playmaking he's a poor man's Hedo.

And you lost Pavlovic and Ben Wallace. Z is old, I don't think he would put 13 and 8 as a bench player. Gibson is trash, he doesn't defend anymore and only hopes LeBron gives him the ball. Don't you think Parker would start over West?

Z is an upgrade from Ben of the bench. Parker is an update from Sasha off the bench. Gibson is trash? He had 7 ppg and had lingering injuries most of the past few seasons.

West did so good last year and is our best perimeter defender. He deserves his starting role. And if he goes down Parker can fit in fine. But West deserves his role. Parker has said he's fine coming of the bench in his pres conference

Imo the Nuggets will have a much worse bench losing Anthony Carter and Kleiza. Sure, they have the rookies, but don't expect them to fill in all the sudden like seasoned vets.

And Wizards have no big men on their bench. Randy Foye/Mike Miller will be on the bench as well as DeShawn, but what else?