New York at New Jersey

Real Deal

• 5 months later...

Going to my first ever Nets-Knicks game tonight. We have a chance to put New York under .500 and pick up our third straight win for the first time since we had four straight victories in February of 2009.

Hopefully, Lopez continues to go after rebounds rather than letting them come to him. Humphries and Lopez combined for 25 boards yesterday, so they can both pick up rebounds in the same game.

Yikes, Favors is really struggling on the offensive end tonight. He's already missed multiple dunks.

Yeah but he is on point. The shots just aren't falling. If he didn't miss two easy shots he would have a double double already in the 1st half.

WOW we won a game! and amar'e didn't even play!

nets are definitely getting better though. they didn't defend the three at all tonight but you can see they have some potential. If they got Carmelo, they'd be at least a .500 team with Melo, Harris, and Lopez.

D'Antoni, you bastard, how you gonna play Chandler 42 minutes and not even get Randolph in the game? this dude's overusing all our players before the postseason.

I thought you were a Heat fan...

damn, caught me red-handed; I guess I got no choice now but to expose my bandwagoning ways and come out of the closet. it's true - I'm a Knicks fan.

:huh: ........ :mellow: ....... ^_^ welcome! Heat-Rays-Mariners-Knicks nice combo!

At least we can still beat the Nets...

Were the Nets really booed?

By the large population of Knicks fans, yes. They had their own defense chants going when we had the ball in the fourth quarter. It seemed like every time the Nets fans would show some excitement after Jersey scored, the Knicks fans would top it on their end of the floor.

LOL wtf?! I don't know if you're joking or if you're completely serious.

oh, I'm definitely serious. we got the homies Amare and Fields on there, plus the hometown hero Melo might be on his way along with CP3 in 2012. you gotta rep that squad to the fullest.

:huh: ........ :mellow: ....... ^_^ welcome! Heat-Rays-Mariners-Knicks nice combo!

nah lol. the Heat and Rays are gone now. I dropped all the Florida teams since becoming impartial to the state's climate.

right now, it stacks up like this:

Knicks

Mariners

Steelers

Canucks

although, NBA is really all I follow anymore. I was once a Flyers fan (yesterday), but phigtins ruled against it, so I had to choose another team.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180109_1420896342025_1821195812_804370_980373_n.jpg

I just realized that most of my pictures from the last couple of games I've attended are of the court during pre-game and at tipoff. I'll try to keep variety in mind next time. :lol:

Various thoughts on the game:

• You can tell just by the way Anthony Randolph walks around during shootaround that he's waiting to leave. I got a good laugh out of watching him for a couple minutes.
  • The Knicks were setting up their shooters the whole game. Screens were being set some times, and the ball would just be swung around to an open man other times. They had a ridiculous amount of open looks and knocked down their 3's. I would love to see us set up Morrow more than once or twice in a game. He knocked down both of his shot attempts from downtown, yet we have Petro taking at least one jumpshot a game and Outlaw frequently forcing shots. It's unacceptable.
  • Lopez was not given the ball enough. He was doing a nice job in the post nearly every time he touched the ball. We didn't take advantage of limited interior defense when we could have.
  • Knicks fans absolutely flooded The Rock. They were creating their own defense chants when we had ball, and the boos when Jersey was at the stripe in the final minutes created an away game atmosphere. Nets fans, meanwhile, really need to work on the enthusiasm level. There are hardly enough to begin with, but it seems like very few people get into the game until we have the lead.
  • Despite the disappointing ending, this was probably the most lively game I've been to this year. The Nets rallies kept things interesting, along with the mix of Nets and Knicks fans in our first sellout at the Pru.

Edited by Waldo