Which young player do you think will step up the most this season?

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which young player do you think is going to have the most impressive performance this upcoming season? In my opinion, I think McGuire will have the best performance. With his amazing versatility and ability to play both forward positions as well as shooting guard (and even point guard with his surprisingly good passing ability), his minutes will be going up a lot, and with his amazing effort and tenacity on defense and rebounding, I can see him being the biggest help to our roster over the other youngsters. Here is why I don't see the others being as much help as Dominic:

1. As much as I love McGee, he still seems too raw and inexperienced with the tempo of the NBA, and doesn't quite have the NBA-ready body to make an immediate impact. One day though, I know he will be a stand out star in the NBA and this season is when he will definitely improve a lot, and hopefully that will prepare him for the following season.

2. Nick Young is probably our best young player right now, but with a roster filled with mostly guards, and him being strictly a shooting guard, he is forced to fight for his own minutes around the others, most notably Foye, Miller, and Deshawn.

3. Blatche's potential is inexplainable. He has the size and coordination to be one of the best athletes in the league. But his lack of maturity and a basketball IQ has held him back. I don't see his attitude changing dramatically anytime soon. Every season so far he has told the media and other teammates that he is going to mature and step up to be a better player, and he has yet to do that. His lack of consistency is really hurting his chances at having a true breakout season.

4. Crittenton is in a similar boat as Nick. With a guard-filled roster, Crittenton's minutes will most likely be limited in order to divide up the playing time amongst the other guards.

Edited by Gil-Zero

Honestly, I think Randy Foye will have a pretty good season coming off the bench (or starting if he's at the 2 and Gil at the one with Miller on the bench). Though out of the ones you mentioned, I think I'll agree with you on Dominic. We'll see how things go though.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I think Randy Foye will have a pretty good season coming off the bench (or starting if he's at the 2 and Gil at the one with Miller on the bench).

Cosign with the Foye pick. Foye had a small renaissance last season and was finally healthy. After all... how many minutes will be available for Nick Young with a log jam of guards? He'll most likely be a valuable trade asset.

Of your list Blatche is my pick, as he was for the last 2 seasons. He really needs to find consistency.

I doubt it will be Blatche. He's been in the league for 4 years and has remained horribly inconsistent. He has all the potential in the world with his size and coordination, but his attitude is completely clouding his game. He is just a big joker who clearly isn't looking to compete and win. If he can truly fix his attitude and show SOME consistency throughout the season, then I might change my mind, but he is the biggest disappointment on the team right now in my opinion.

I doubt it will be Blatche. He's been in the league for 4 years and has remained horribly inconsistent. He has all the potential in the world with his size and coordination, but his attitude is completely clouding his game. He is just a big joker who clearly isn't looking to compete and win. If he can truly fix his attitude and show SOME consistency throughout the season, then I might change my mind, but he is the biggest disappointment on the team right now in my opinion.

Didn't you read the article about Andray changing his number to 7? He has a completely new mindset, and he will receive the most playing time out of all the youngsters on the team.

Didn't you read the article about Andray changing his number to 7? He has a completely new mindset, and he will receive the most playing time out of all the youngsters on the team.

I did read it, but if you recall, there has been an article probably the last 3 years about Blatche "stepping up" and "knowing his role on the team", which involves him "claiming" to step his game up and mature in the upcoming season each year, and each year he continues to disappoint with his lack of consistency. He can talk a big game, but that doesn't mean anything until we see how he changes in the regular season. I'm sure he'll try to change, but in my honest opinion, it will be the same thing we saw last year.

I did read it, but if you recall, there has been an article probably the last 3 years about Blatche "stepping up" and "knowing his role on the team", which involves him "claiming" to step his game up and mature in the upcoming season each year, and each year he continues to disappoint with his lack of consistency. He can talk a big game, but that doesn't mean anything until we see how he changes in the regular season. I'm sure he'll try to change, but in my honest opinion, it will be the same thing we saw last year.

He's flourish under Flip Saunders, don't bring up last season, because that was a nightmare. Tapscott was a mess. I don't recall any articles about Blatche, this kid is coming out of high school, I'd expect a few issues about maturity and basketball IQ.

All of them.

Not really, but I think Blatche, McGee, and Critt need a little more time to fully reach what they will be. Nick and Randy however, I think they might get there this year, or at least closer than the others. I don't know much about Dominic so I won't comment, but in the one or two games I've seen him he looks pretty raw.

I'll go with Randy, but Nick and him will have almost mirrored statlines I think, but Randy will get more playing time and be a leader.

I don't include Randy Foye in this category. He has already proven what he can do when given the role as a starting combo guard. The young players I mentioned have yet to step up to their full potential and break out of their "rookie shell", but at least one of them could very well have a very impressive performance in the upcoming season.

i think they all will show up this year. each has shown potential with our dismantled team in the past, and being with a healthy gil, tawn, and butler will only make them better. i think nick young could thrive off of playing sg alongside gil like how stevenson did. stevenson was a horrible thre point shooter before he came to washington but he got so many open looks with gil on the floor he started to knock them down consistently. nick young can flat out score so with gil at the helm he should really show some improvement this season. i think he averaged 9 or 10 points a game last season, and i see him doing equal to that this season, but it will be much more effective. that 10 ppg last season was the result of an increased role on an injured team and the stats were inflated. having flip as the coach will make or break young. he's already giving him the same drills he did with rip and we all know how well rip hamilton has turned out. out of the ones listed nick young will probably step up the most even though its due time for cabbage blatche to breakt out.

for all of you saying foye,do you realize that he averaged 16 and 4 last season? i doubt he reaches those same numbers here in washington with a healthy squad. his ppg will dip, but hopefully his assist will rise.

Edited by billt chamberlain

i think they all will show up this year. each has shown potential with our dismantled team in the past, and being with a healthy gil, tawn, and butler will only make them better. i think nick young could thrive off of playing sg alongside gil like how stevenson did. stevenson was a horrible thre point shooter before he came to washington but he got so many open looks with gil on the floor he started to knock them down consistently. nick young can flat out score so with gil at the helm he should really show some improvement this season. i think he averaged 9 or 10 points a game last season, and i see him doing equal to that this season, but it will be much more effective. that 10 ppg last season was the result of an increased role on an injured team and the stats were inflated. having flip as the coach will make or break young. he's already giving him the same drills he did with rip and we all know how well rip hamilton has turned out. out of the ones listed nick young will probably step up the most even though its due time for cabbage blatche to breakt out.

for all of you saying foye,do you realize that he averaged 16 and 4 last season? i doubt he reaches those same numbers here in washington with a healthy squad. his ppg will dip, but hopefully his assist will rise.

Foye isn't going to start, so obviously his numbers will drop. Nick Young has a lot to prove this upcoming season. He is fighting for minutes against all of our other backup guards, plus Mike Miller. None of the young guys are going to put up extraordinary numbers this season, but we have to look for who is going to be making the most productivity for their earned minutes.