Portland at Miami

Real Deal

Honestly, I thought the Heat would actually win this game. I'm surprised that they didn't.

There's no way they are going to win games by not playing defense, though, because the three all-stars aren't going to combine for 100 points.

I am too shocked they didn't win this one. I thought for sure they'd come out and win this one...

You can't expect LeBron and Wade to play great defense every night though, that's the problem. The other guys need to step up defensively. I mean, if LeBron is going to give you 30/10/10 and Wade is going to give you close to 40, you only have so much energy to put into the game on the defensive end of the floor at that point.

Just being fair to LeBron and Wade.

Now, what I'd love to see is someone have a big inside presence on the boards and defensively. Bosh is like, what 6'11? He needs to step up and have a 15/15/5 type of game. He needs to become a tougher inside presence, he needs to switch up his game a little bit, because that's what they are lacking and Bosh definitely has the ability to be like that if he played more aggressively instead of always playing on the perimeter.

The entire team is the problem. These bench players have had no problem contributing on other teams, which is why you guys were excited to bring them in (ex. Mike Miller). Everyone was pumping their fists when Eddie House pulled up and nailed a game-winning three off of a passed-up shot by LeBron, and people were talking about how he used to hit those big threes in Boston.

In Miami, their best offensive players aren't playing defense, and their best defensive players aren't playing offense. You put a particular unit out there, and it will either give up points, or fail to score points. In addition to that, the bench doesn't handle the ball, nor does it get the shots it needs, to either stay hot or keep their hands warm.

The team is the problem, not just Bosh, not just Spo, not just the bench.

I agree. The role players eventually need to hit shots. Only so much LeBron and Wade can do. Eventually, you need to find guys that can hit shots or else you need to go deeper into your bench. When LeBron and Wade kick the ball out these guys need to hit shots, specifically in the 4th quarter. It's just that simple. No more excuses, they need to knock the shots down and the Heat will win these games.

• Like 1

Right...play them instead of LeBron and Wade? They are sitting on the bench because Mike Miller is getting more burn, and because Wade and LeBron aren't going to play 30 minutes per game.

Mike Miller shouldn't be getting that much burn though. He's 1/12 in the last 2 games. Put in James Jones and let him play some. He's healthy and is a great shooter.

A great win for Portland. The dagger was when Wes Matthews hit a three with 2 seconds left on the shot clock with about 1:30 left in the game. Could not believe it. Also, GForce doing his best LeBron impression and traveling on the inside, scoring the basket, and getting the foul for the easy 3 point play. The entire 4th quarter was just pure awesome for Portland.

• Owner

Mike Miller shouldn't be getting that much burn though. He's 1/12 in the last 2 games. Put in James Jones and let him play some. He's healthy and is a great shooter.

Well, the last two games James Jones played over 10 minutes, he shot a combined 1-8. I'm not seeing the difference. They are both shooting 41% anyway.