Beckham unwanted by fans

Karl Malone

Anti-Beckham sentiment ran high as the English star returned after missing half of the Major League Soccer season while on a five-month loan to the Italian club. He was the target of frequent booing and derisive banners held up in a corner of the stadium, where one of the team's fan groups sits.

The signs all had messages directed at Beckham. "Go home fraud" read one, with a red slash through his No. 23 jersey number. Another said, "23: Repent," while another read, "Hey Becks, Here Before You, Here After You, Here Despite You." Another read, "Is evil something u are...or something u do."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=661798&sec=mls&cc=5901

Lmao.

I know that you guys will try and use every excuse in the book such as, "They didn't try", "They didn't care", "It was a 'Friendly' match"(which is the worst excuse", "They didn't send their best players" ect., but the MLS All-Stars have won their games against the English Club teams the past four years, but obviously the club teams weren't trying. :lol: .

It's alright to be concerned that the U.S. has a great development system, and that the U.S. Olympic team will be getting much better in years to come, and will win a World Cup within the next 4 times.

I know that you guys will try and use every excuse in the book such as, "They didn't try", "They didn't care", "It was a 'Friendly' match"(which is the worst excuse", "They didn't send their best players" ect., but the MLS All-Stars have won their games against the English Club teams the past four years, but obviously the club teams weren't trying. :lol: .

It's alright to be concerned that the U.S. has a great development system, and that the U.S. Olympic team will be getting much better in years to come, and will win a World Cup within the next 4 times.

So you're saying as the US Soccer team gets better the other countries in the world just stay the same? Let's be realistic. The US will obviously get better but not good enough to with a world cup. Other countries will get better too.

So you're saying as the US Soccer team gets better the other countries in the world just stay the same? Let's be realistic. The US will obviously get better but not good enough to with a world cup. Other countries will get better too.

I work with a bunch of foreign people that love soccer and they keep saying that they expect to see the U.S. to win one soon.

Just because the U.S. is getting better, doesn't mean that other teams will stop progressing.

Considering that the U.S. struggles to tie Haiti (120th in the world) and El Salvador (90th in the world), and isn't even first in their world cup qualifying group which consists of Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador, and Trinidad and Tobago is a sign they are still far away from winning a World Cup.

Just because the U.S. is getting better, doesn't mean that other teams will stop progressing.

Considering that the U.S. struggles to tie Haiti (120th in the world) and El Salvador (90th in the world), and isn't even first in their world cup qualifying group which consists of Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador, and Trinidad and Tobago is a sign they are still far away from winning a World Cup.

Ok, and Spain lost to the U.S., what's your point?

You still haven't answered my question about the club teams losing the the MLS.

I still believe come world cup time, US wont beat Spain. World cup is way more important than that confederations cup. Spain will lay it all out.

Let me tell you something coming from European and a lad that lives with Football on a daily bases. Spain is a very talented team but they are also a very overrated team. And that day you Yanks got very very lucky that day because Spain had 29 shots at you and 20 of shots were on GOAL! Do you understand how lucky you had lady luck on your side because in Football if you get 10 shot on goal I can bet my life that 1 or 2 of them will go in, do you UNDERSTAND that, because that is a fact! And like the poster above me said if Spain plays again it will be over and they will smash the living Yank lives out of you. And another thing about you rubbish MLS which is seriously a joke and Europe and South American club laugh at, MLS is the gayest [expletive]e known in Football. And you have the gayest thing make an All-Star team that is so stupid and American and you have a all-star game of whatever that is just stupid.

If Europe had their all-star club they would destroy the [expletive] out of your life with one leg and blind folded, your Football and MLS is the biggest joke in the World and I want you to shut your mouth and think about it clearly before you open it and talk about Football you bloody Yank you don't know [expletive]e.

That's one game, and U.S. was very lucky. And even then, losing to a team ranked 12th in the world is nothing compared to failing to beat a team that's ranked 120th.

The difference is that the U.S. continually loses to teams like Costa Rica, and fails to beat teams like Haiti and El Salvador. Spain beat Sweden (42nd), Russia (twice - 6th), Greece (11th), Italy (4th), and Germany (5th) to win the UEFA Euro 2008 title. Currently Spain is undefeated in their world cup qualifying at 6 wins with only 2 goals conceded and scoring 13.

And about the clubs, friendlies don't mean anything. The fact that the games are in the United States are also a factor. A lot of the times key players don't play, or they're not putting out full effort in order to restrain from getting injured during pre-season. These games are usually for fun, and there's unlimited substitutions (in real games only 3 per team). You'll see a lot of players trying to do tricks they would never try to do in a league game, and they're mainly to please crowds.

I know that you guys will try and use every excuse in the book such as, "They didn't try", "They didn't care", "It was a 'Friendly' match"(which is the worst excuse", "They didn't send their best players" ect.,

It's true if you have ever watched a match. You can't just dismiss arguments, because you don't like them, especially when they're true.

That's one game, and U.S. was very lucky. And even then, losing to a team ranked 12th in the world is nothing compared to failing to beat a team that's ranked 120th.

The difference is that the U.S. continually loses to teams like Costa Rica, and fails to beat teams like Haiti and El Salvador. Spain beat Sweden (42nd), Russia (twice - 6th), Greece (11th), Italy (4th), and Germany (5th) to win the UEFA Euro 2008 title. Currently Spain is undefeated in their world cup qualifying at 6 wins with only 2 goals conceded and scoring 13.

And about the clubs, friendlies don't mean anything. The fact that the games are in the United States are also a factor. A lot of the times key players don't play, or they're not putting out full effort in order to restrain from getting injured during pre-season. These games are usually for fun, and there's unlimited substitutions (in real games only 3 per team). You'll see a lot of players trying to do tricks they would never try to do in a league game, and they're mainly to please crowds.

It's true if you have ever watched a match. You can't just dismiss arguments, because you don't like them, especially when they're true.

It's an excuse to say that they weren't trying and everything.

If they were trying to avoid injuries, they wouldn't have played, period.

Let me tell you something coming from European and a lad that lives with Football on a daily bases. Spain is a very talented team but they are also a very overrated team. And that day you Yanks got very very lucky that day because Spain had 29 shots at you and 20 of shots were on GOAL! Do you understand how lucky you had lady luck on your side because in Football if you get 10 shot on goal I can bet my life that 1 or 2 of them will go in, do you UNDERSTAND that, because that is a fact! And like the poster above me said if Spain plays again it will be over and they will smash the living Yank lives out of you. And another thing about you rubbish MLS which is seriously a joke and Europe and South American club laugh at, MLS is the gayest [expletive]e known in Football. And you have the gayest thing make an All-Star team that is so stupid and American and you have a all-star game of whatever that is just stupid.

If Europe had their all-star club they would destroy the [expletive] out of your life with one leg and blind folded, your Football and MLS is the biggest joke in the World and I want you to shut your mouth and think about it clearly before you open it and talk about Football you bloody Yank you don't know [expletive]e.

No one is saying that the MLS is great, so I don't know where you get that from.

Also, I love how you say " If Europe had their all-star club they would destroy the [expletive] out of your life with one leg and blind folded", when you're talking about an entire continent versus one country. :lol: .

Edited by EastCoastNiner

It's an excuse to say that they weren't trying and everything.

If they were trying to avoid injuries, they wouldn't have played, period.

Exactly, some players don't play in friendlies/minimum minutes/don't give it their all. Friendlies are just to get used to things before league games actually start and/or evaluate bench players.

It's not an excuse. Like I said, if you've ever watched any of those matches, you would know.

No one is saying that the MLS is great, so I don't know where you get that from.

Also, I love how you say " If Europe had their all-star club they would destroy the [expletive] out of your life with one leg and blind folded", when you're talking about an entire continent versus one country. :lol: .

Actually Europe is becoming an own country you ever heard of the E.U. (European Union) so yeah if you wanted to talk [expletive]e I gave you some good [expletive]e to [expletive]e your pants.

Actually Europe is becoming an own country you ever heard of the E.U. (European Union) so yeah if you wanted to talk [expletive]e I gave you some good [expletive]e to [expletive]e your pants.

I know what the European Union is you dumbass.

However, in your world, Russia, Spain, Sweden, and Italy are all the same country. :lol: .

I know what the European Union is you dumbass.

However, in your world, Russia, Spain, Sweden, and Italy are all the same country. :lol: .

First off I'm not a dumbarse since you obviously don't understand Football. And you are the dumbarse because the countries you just said will become states of the European Union.

First off I'm not a dumbarse since you obviously don't understand Football. And you are the dumbarse because the countries you just said will become states of the European Union.

Again, you are being stupid.

1. They are not all the same country right now.

2. You are using MANY counties to make it seem like Europe is just one country, which is stupid, and you know that.

They have different Presidents, Prime Ministers, rulers, ect.

Not the same country you idiot.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

Again, you are being stupid.

1. They are not all the same country right now.

2. You are using MANY counties to make it seem like Europe is just one country, which is stupid, and you know that.

They have different Presidents, Prime Ministers, rulers, ect.

Not the same country you idiot.

No actually the European Union has it's own laws and the member counties in the European Union agree to have the same laws. Do you think States in America have the same laws NO! They agree to have some [expletive]e in common, also I don't know why you are calling me stupid or idiot because I'm owning you so far. I owned you on the Football topic and now on the politic [expletive]e.