Prediction on Spurs season

Newman

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As this article written by Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News pointed out, barring any further signings, only 3 Spurs players are above 30 (Manu, McDyess and Duncan). Jefferson and Bonner just turned 30 recently and all the other players are below 30. While saying goodbye to veterans like Keith Bogans and Roger Mason Jr., they signed guys like Alonzo Gee (really good player in the D-League), Gary Neal and the most exciting prospect of all, Tiago Splitter.

What are your thoughts on the now relatively young Spurs team and what is your prediction on the Spurs' record for next season.

My guess is that Gee will take up a role on the bench and some of Jefferson's minutes and Splitter will take over the center spot by the end of the season. I think they will just miss out on 50 wins, with my prediction being 48 wins to 44 losses. Also, Hill will give Pop a headache over whether to start him or Parker. Hill did a nice job last season and he will keep on improving.

50-54 wins. I just don't see them missing the playoffs. I hope Tiago Splitter does well, and also someone who was quite ballin during the season... DeJuan Blair. They got George Hill too, so not a bad group of young guys on the Spurs.

Edited by Riot

Splitter is going to give them a BIG boost, Duncan finally gets a legitimate frontcourt mate. George Hill, newly acquired James Anderson and an improved Dejuan Blair all coming off the bench the Spurs could easily be a 55 win team. The only question is whether the big 3 can continue playing at a high level.

they'll make playoffs no doubt so from 48-58 wins. 48 being that they plagued with constant injuries and if they are healthy enough to make it thought 82 games they could very well be a top team

also think James Anderson is gonna have a very solid rookie season. ill be keeping my eye on him, i think he will go unnoticed but if manu goes down he will have some spot light

Edited by MoeRoadKill