Breakout players?

rodney stuckey, i think he will be noticed alot more this season.

kinda like granger last season he was doing it the season before but it was only last season when people notice. same goes with joe johnson.

michael Beasley and Javale Mcgee.

Edited by MoeRoadKill

I'm going with the other Ohio State project, Mike Conley. As the season progressed for him and the Grizzlies, he added more range to his shot. The knock on him before he was drafted was his jumpshot. Now, he actually shoots the 3 ball in a high %. With another season under his belt, I expect him to keep on improving his stats on points, assists, and steals.

I agree with the poster above me. Conley really steped it up last season when Hollins was hired, but he reall didn´t get any attention because the Grizzlies, well, they sucked. I think he can be a 14 and 7 player this season.

I'm going with the other Ohio State project, Mike Conley. As the season progressed for him and the Grizzlies, he added more range to his shot. The knock on him before he was drafted was his jumpshot. Now, he actually shoots the 3 ball in a high %. With another season under his belt, I expect him to keep on improving his stats on points, assists, and steals.

Conley became a more confident player with Hollins as coach instead of Iavaroni and Davis before him (although Davis is still an assistant in Memphis as far as I know). Hollins' style is a little more controlled, and a little more reliant on the point guard, which was the opposite of Iavaroni where everything was run off the wings (Mayo + Gay) which left little for Conley and Lowry to do. And then when Lowry was traded away to Houston, that left just Conley to run the show. I think he'll continue to develop into a solid point guard over time. He's not great at anything, but he's above average in most things; there's always room for those players in the league somewhere.

I hope Darko has a breakout yet in New York to be honest. He was my favourite player when he was on the Magic.

• Owner

I would like to think Brandon Rush will, because he started performing very well near the end of the season, and he may get more playing time this year with the Pacers.

For the Lakers (since everyone seems to be adding players from their favorite team, haha), I'd say Morrison might have a chance, especially if we don't re-sign Lamar Odom.

Oden may, but it won't be as evident or distinct, because the Blazers are loaded on offense, and that's really what people care about most.

I'm also interested in what Luol Deng will provide for Chicago after coming back from his injury, not to mention having Derrick Rose as a teammate.

- Melo (not to be a homer, but we don't have much scoring power with J.R. promoted to the starting lineup, no more offense from the bench, especially if Linas bolts, and Billups is noticeably getting old). PPG: 30ppg.

- Courtney Lee - this guy will be a beast. 19ppg, 5 apg, 5rpg, 2 spg.

- Eric Gordon - if he stays healthy... 22ppg.

- OJ Mayo - becomes an all around player... 23ppg, 5 rpg, 4apg and much improved defense.

- Greg Oden - I hope he does... he should come with new attitude... 19ppg, 11rpg, 2bpg.

• Owner

Just a few things, Jake the Snake.

If Oden scores 19 PPG, I will be in shock. Brandon Roy, Hedo Turkoglu, Andre Miller and LaMarcus Aldridge would be sharing 80 PPG with the bench, which includes Outlaw, Blake and Fernandez? I really don't know about that.

And with Baron and Griffin, I'm not sure if Gordon will have the ball in his hands enough to average 22 a game.

EDIT: Nevermind, Hedo is on the Raptors. Free agency is eating me alive. FML.

Thanks Riot.

If Oden becomes reliable on the post, they'll dump the ball to him more often... because he'd be an effective option, much like their leading scorer. Much of Oden's struggles have been his attitude... not necessarily bad, but he just doesn't think numbers are important. I believe they will urge him to assert himself more and he will finally, after two years of deferring to "seniors", be willing to accept a bigger role. If you have an effective scorer in the post, you go to him.

Gordon is automatic from outside. He's their biggest outside threat... and when you're hitting shots, your teammates will automatically go to you. He has a knack of taking shots at the right time in that noone thinks he shoots a lot... although he does. So he will keep getting the ball and if he keeps scoring at efficient rate, his coaches will want him to score and urge others to pass him the ball.

You'll see ;)

Edited by Snake

I would like to think Brandon Rush will, because he started performing very well near the end of the season, and he may get more playing time this year with the Pacers.

I'm with you on this one. Rush is going to be a beast. Check out these stats:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5351/rushstats.jpg

- Courtney Lee - this guy will be a beast. 19ppg, 5 apg, 5rpg, 2 spg.

Nah, more like 15ppg, 4rpg, 2apg.

Just a few things, Jake the Snake.

If Oden scores 19 PPG, I will be in shock. Brandon Roy, Hedo Turkoglu, Andre Miller and LaMarcus Aldridge would be sharing 80 PPG with the bench, which includes Outlaw, Blake and Fernandez? I really don't know about that.

And with Baron and Griffin, I'm not sure if Gordon will have the ball in his hands enough to average 22 a game.

Hedo's on the Raptors silly.

And on my team, I'm wondering which PF will break out, Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson, or Gortat.

Unnoticed to Unforgetable:

Aaron Brooks - I see Aaron having a very good season, something comparable to Raymond Felton's stat line last year. Think 15 points, 6 assists, and 3 or 4 rebounds, along with 1.5 steals.

Courtney Lee - Nobody seemed to notice Lee's defense last year, but he might be on an All-Defense team next year. His biggest improvements will come on the offensive end though, and I feel he is capable of around 18 points per game (a lot coming via the 3 ball, at a sharp-shooting 45%).

Brandon Rush - As Riot pointed out, Rush played extremely well as a starter at the end of last season. He's the obvious replacement for Marquis Daniels, and does so without the attitude, and with better defense. Rush will be a good, solid player for the Pacers and be the third option behind Granger and Ford.

Anthony Randolph - If Ant doesn't average double figure boards this year, I'd be surprised. I'd be even more surprised if he doesn't end up averaging a fair amount over 15 points per game. If he's added as much weight as I've heard he has, that alone should put him near the top 10 Power Forwards in the game, thanks to his work ethic and hustle.

JaVale McGee - A very similar player to Randolph in what I've seen, minus some of the range and plus a little size, I think that McGee's athleticism will get him the starting spot somewhere in the early parts of the season. If he plays the 4 or 5, it shouldn't change his mentality much. He seems to try to get to the rim every play, which will lead to him shooting very close to 50% from the floor and getting a few shots from the charity stripe on a night-to-night basis.

Star to Superstar:

O.J. Mayo - I think he'll end up averaging around 5 assists a game this year and show he does indeed have PG skills. His scoring will be improved, around 23 points a game I'd say, and he will also throw in 5 rebounds and a couple steals. I'm thinking Dwyane Wade year 2 stats, basically.

Russell Westbrook - Some might not consider him a star yet, but I think he'll be a much improved passer, and his scoring will naturally improve after a year of experience and conditioning. I'm think 18 points, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds per game.

Paul Millsap - Another guy that's not really considered a star yet by most, he would have a lot more attention if he played for LA or Orlando and started. He'll average around 20 points and 13 rebounds a game this year assuming Boozer isn't kept in Utah. Throw in a few blocks each game and he might be an All-Defense team member in a few years.