Bulls potentially on the verge of landing Carmelo Anthony

magicbalala245

Rose/Boozer/Melo > Wade/LeBron/Bosh

This would be amazing for the Bulls. Even though they lose Noah, they get one of the best player in the league right now. It would be really interesting to see how the Bulls would play together with melo. Rose Melo and Boozer would have more chemistry then the other big three but that's just my opinion. All Star Games and USA games aren't the same then an NBA season with 82 games in it. I do think the Bulls with melo would beat the Heat.

Well done is better than well said. ~Benjamin Franklin

• Owner

I don't understand why people use individual player comparisons to determine what team is better.

Melo, Rose and Boozer are a tough trio. There's really no conflict there, not having to ask one of them to adjust their game to accommodate the others.

However, losing Noah hurts.

If the Bulls somehow keep Joakim (which is a longshot if they are going to get Melo), I would slip them into the pool of legitimate championship contenders.

Though noah played really good last year and is a big part of our team, i would still make this trade without hesitation. I don't think its realistic the trade would happen if noah was not part of the deal. Overall, I hope the bulls dont over value noah and miss out on melo. I doubt anything is gonna happen and he will stay a nugget.

Lose-Lose trade IMO.

Chicago loses Deng's contract and get Melo which is great but they also lose Noah. Who would their starting center be? Kurt Thomas? They would be at a major height disadvantage against most teams and would probably have a hard time with teams with star bigs. Better to keep Noah's energy and defense. Rose and Boozer can each give them their 20 ppg and Deng would be a nice 3rd scoring option. They would have a better overall team sticking to what they have now.

Weren't the Nuggets offered Harris + Favors + Draft Picks for Melo? Way better offer then Noah + Deng. Sure they would end up with 3 PGs but one could be easily traded. Trading for Noah would be nice, but they also get Deng's contract. Losing a franchise player pretty much means you aren't getting that championship anytime soon. They would just end up being a playoff team for a couple years then head down to the lottery crowd. Why not just skip all that and build for the future now ^_^

It is annoying how lopsided the competition in the league is getting, institute a hard cap before it is too late Stern... oh wait, this is what he wants.

Also it is annoying how slept on Deng is, this is a guy who can get you close to 20 a night on solid percentages, sure he is overpaid but the dude can play.

Edited by travesy3

It is annoying how lopsided the competition in the league is getting, institute a hard cap before it is too late Stern... oh wait, this is what he wants.

I agree, I think it's exciting for some fans... but sucks for everyone else. If you're going to do this, why not make it a 2 team league and have everybody play for one of the teams. Because that's essentially what you're doing. You're creating fake rivalries, and getting rid of competition.

• Owner

The idea is that Boozer would play the five, Gibson starting at the four.

C - Boozer | Thomas | Asik

PF - Gibson | Johnson

SF - Anthony | Korver

SG - Brewer | Bogans

PG - Rose | Watson

Of course, they will sign other players before diving into the season, may even pick up one or two along with Melo in the trade, if it goes down.

Eh...I'd shove Deng down Denver's throats along with a few others players (like Gibson) and see if they'd bite. Giving up Noah is a huge blow. He's certainly nowhere near the player Melo is, but at the same time having Boozer play the 5 and not having a strong defensive presence by his side (KT can be that in limited minutes) is a scary proposition.

And in no way, shape or form is the Rose/Melo/Boozer trio better than Wade/LeBron/Bosh. And they won't fit together better than that trio would like the CP3/Melo/Amare trio would because Rose is not a great playmaking, pass-first PG. He's much more of a scorer. That'd be fine if Melo had LeBron's passing skills, but he doesn't.

If the Bulls somehow keep Joakim (which is a longshot if they are going to get Melo), I would slip them into the pool of legitimate championship contenders.

I would too.

But right now? Rose/ Boozer as 1st or 2nd option is not going to cut it... they lack the true scorer. Melo is too perfect for this team.

That said, if Nuggets trade Melo to Bulls, with or without Noah in the deal, I'll cry. I love Noah, but not for Melo.

Trade Melo to Nets and leave us Nugs fans in peace!!!