Vick or Kolb?

Real Deal

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Yes, it's just one game...but Vick was pretty damn good, and made me look stupid (I was talking trash about Vick just last week to a few friends).

Kolb has a concussion, may not be available for a practice or two.

Who starts for Week 2, who will be starting by the time January rolls around, and how good would Joakim Noah be as a QB in the NFL?

Kolb is already ruled out for week 2, so Vick will start.

Kolb should get the job back as soon as he returns. The idea was a rebuilding year with Kolb learning under center, you don't toss that aside after one half of the first game of the season.

We know who Vick is. Do the Eagles want Vick long term? Or will he be a guy thrown out there to play this team towards a playoff birth and then he signs elsewhere this offseason and the Kolb grooming has to start all over again?

Kolb is their QB of the future. Vick isn't. You want long term success, not a one year playoff run with an early round exit. The Eagles [expletive]ed up big now, though. This is their worst nightmare. Now every incomplete pass from Kolb will draw boos and chants for Vick. The worst thing that can happen to a young QB in his first year starting. Vick should not have been on this team, but the Eagles got selfish with their demands.

Oh well.

EDIT: Not officially ruled out, but he will not play.

Edited by Chicks Love Hakeem Nicks

Wasn't impressed with Kolb in the preseason and in week 1 he looked horrific. To think he was gong to get better in the second half is ridiculous. He had no idea what to do against our defense. They beat us if Vick is in the whole game.

You can't really bench him now, especially when you traded possibly the greatest QB in the history of your franchise. It would be another stupid move by the organization. Give him a real opportunity to shine. He's started what, 3 games his entire career? Give me a break.

Vick played great, I won't take anything away from his performance, but let me see him go up against a defense that actually has a set gameplan against him. The Packers were caught off guard, they didn't know before the game had started that Kolb would suffer a concussion.

Vick played great, I won't take anything away from his performance, but let me see him go up against a defense that actually has a set gameplan against him. The Packers were caught off guard, they didn't know before the game had started that Kolb would suffer a concussion.

A great point.

You also have to consider the changes that the Eagles will have to undergo as an offense, as well. They'll have to get acclimated to playing with a scrambling QB who is inaccurate, it will take some off of the running game, and the offensive line will have to adapt a completely different blocking scheme. Anddd all will have to be reversed this offseason when Vick leaves and Kolb is the starter again.

A great point.

You also have to consider the changes that the Eagles will have to undergo as an offense, as well. They'll have to get acclimated to playing with a scrambling QB who is inaccurate, it will take some off of the running game, and the offensive line will have to adapt a completely different blocking scheme. Anddd all will have to be reversed this offseason when Vick leaves and Kolb is the starter again.

Not to mention it will frustrate Desean Jackson who is so used to being the deep play threat. He won't be getting many of those this season.

Ugh....as if I didn't get enough of this on the radio every time I get into my car.

Answer is simple. Basically what Smitty and Chicks Love Hakeem Nicks said. Vick starts this week since Kolb has the concussion, Kolb gets the job when he is healthy. Eagles spent a 2nd round pick on Kolb, they spent 3 years grooming him to start, and they traded away the face of the last 10 years of their franchise so he could start. They are not ditching him because of one poor half.

Also, here is another thought for big Andy. When Kolb is healthy, just let him [expletive]ing play. Don't run Vick in every 4 or 5 plays. This type of situation never works. It was obvious that Kolb could not get into any sort of rhythm, and I am sure that taking him out of the game so frequently was not helping.

Frankly, this is absolutely amazing to me. Kevin Kolb has played ONE HALF as the undisputed number 1 quarterback of the Eagles, and people are already calling for him to lose his job (I think a good number of these people are not even from Philadelphia). And I thought Philadelphia fans were the only unreasonable people prone to kneejerk reactions.

Edited by Phightins

I think people are pissed because they let go of the best QB that's ever put on an Eagles uni to play a guy who shat the bed the first time he played a defense with a pulse. Then the veteran Vick comes in and shows out.

Not to mention it will frustrate Desean Jackson who is so used to being the deep play threat. He won't be getting many of those this season.

Mike Vick has a rocket arm.

I think people are pissed because they let go of the best QB that's ever put on an Eagles uni to play a guy who shat the bed the first time he played a defense with a pulse. Then the veteran Vick comes in and shows out.

Mike Vick has a rocket arm.

People are pissed? I am a big McNabb fan, but most people in this area were begging for him to be traded for years. I never understood it and thought he unfairly got a bad rap most of the time, but you would be surprised at how many people were THRILLED to see him go. Of course nobody is saying that after this past weekend.

Also, people [expletive]ting on Kolb is getting super annoying. Last year when he tears apart New Orleans and Kansas City, everyone says "who cares, he beat up two bad defenses". This year when he struggles in the preseason, nobody seems to mention that he was playing with an offensive line consisting of Nick Cole, Mike McGlynn, AQ Shipley, Max Jean-Gillies, and an assortment of other all-pro practice squad guys. Then in his regular season debut as the clear-cut No. 1 QB, he struggles in just one half against a very good defense, and he is taken out of the game in favor of Mike Vick every 4 or 5 plays, thus hampering his ability to get in any sort of rhythm, and everyone says "see I TOLD you he is not a good quarterback, he should not be starting!!". It is astounding.

• Owner

Just to clarify...I have Kolb starting Week 2 (unless he doesn't play, of course), but I think Vick will eventually get the start by January.

I think Vick will prove he's the better QB, but I don't think the Eagles should throw in the towel so soon. He's not JaMarcus Russell yet.

Just to clarify...I have Kolb starting Week 2 (unless he doesn't play, of course), but I think Vick will eventually get the start by January.

I think Vick will prove he's the better QB, but I don't think the Eagles should throw in the towel so soon. He's not JaMarcus Russell yet.

I think the worst thing that could happen for the Eagles is for the season to end with them still unsure of what Kolb can do. You are probably right, Vick is most likely the better "win now" option due to his experience, and the fact that he clearly still has a bit of talent as we saw on Sunday. But I don't think the Eagles are necessarily in "win-now" mode. Remember, a lot of people are picking them to finish 3rd or 4th in the division. The most important thing the Eagles need to do this season is evaluate what they have in Kolb (and the rest of their young players, but obviously the quarterback is the most important). They need to see if they can win in the future with him, or if they need to seriously consider other options in the offseason. Kolb needs a chance to prove himself beyond that one half in week one.

Edited by Phightins