Prime: Shaq and Kobe VS The Miami 3

Hawks Fly High

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you mean Kobe and Shaq, both in their individual primes, I would take them because they would be the 2 best players in the league probably. Shaq would molest Bosh worse than Wade and LBJ would outmatch LBJ 2-1. I take them slightly, not to the same extent that Kingfish does :lol:

Edited by travesy3

• Owner

I was actually reluctant answering this because James, Wade and Bosh are all in their primes.

Problem is, I don't think that trio is anything like Kobe and Shaq in their primes. I can't see Bosh dominating in the post like Shaq, can't see James or Wade pulling off a career like Bryant's (sustaining the numbers, playing through injuries, having that skill set).

A prime kobe and shaq would win, lebron would just fold under pressure and start to cry. Wade would be on fire, and bosh would be like [expletive] man. It would be an interesting combo, but id have to go with shaq and kobe. Now if you said a Prime lebron, wade, and dwight, that would be a different story.

The 3.... easily. Comparing Kobe and Shaq with Wade and LeBron is a roughly even comparison, but giving the Heat Chris Bosh blows the Laker duo out of the water. It's not even close.

What?

Comparing arguably the greatest player in NBA history along with the most dominant big man of all-time in their primes to LeBron and Wade is not roughly even.

Bosh doesn't really even factor into this. He doesn't change my opinion on anything.

Comparing arguably the greatest player in NBA history along with the most dominant big man of all-time in their primes to LeBron and Wade is not roughly even.

And LeBron is arguably the greatest Small Forward in NBA history and Wade is arguably the greatest Combo Guard of all time... your point?

And Bosh entirely factors into this. We're comparing two elite players to two elite players and an all star.

Edited by Poe

And LeBron is arguably the greatest Small Forward in NBA history and Wade is arguably the greatest Combo Guard of all time... your point?

None of them could defend Shaq. No teammate of theirs would be able to either. At least LeBron/Wade would be able to be defended. Shaq and Kobe have also proven they can win multiple championships.

I'm not going to bother arguing this. I'll just wait util Real and Nitro respond to your post.

I just think you've been watching too much of the WNBA and not the NBA......

• Owner

The 3.... easily. Comparing Kobe and Shaq with Wade and LeBron is a roughly even comparison, but giving the Heat Chris Bosh blows the Laker duo out of the water. It's not even close.

Haha.

You would need Bosh AND one of the other two just to defend Shaq in the post.

Shaq won his first ring without a prime Kobe. You're telling me that Wade, Bosh and LeBron are better than a prime duo of Shaq and Bryant, the same duo that ran the 15-1 record in the playoffs? Had that duo not suffered so many injuries throughout the years they were together, they would've challenged the Bulls' record for most wins in a season, and that's WITHOUT a third scoring option.

Give both groups of players teammates to work with (or just take the dynasty Lakers vs. the current Heat team), and Miami wins one or two games in a series, at the most.

None of them could defend Shaq. No teammate of theirs would be able to either. At least LeBron/Wade would be able to be defended. Shaq and Kobe have also proven they can win multiple championships.

Shaq's highest scoring average was 29.7 points per game. LeBron's highest was 30, and Wade's highest was 30.2. If nobody can guard Shaq... then why is his highest average lower than both LeBron and Wade, who can so easily be guarded?

I'm not going to bother arguing this. I'll just wait util Real and Nitro respond to your post.

Nobody is keeping you from being part of a discussion.

I just think you've been watching too much of the WNBA and not the NBA......

I didn't realize that extending the time I put into watching basketball through the summer to watch the women play actually lowers my basketball IQ. I'll keep that in mind next WNBA season.

• Owner

And Bosh entirely factors into this. We're comparing two elite players to two elite players and an all star.

No, we're comparing quite possibly the greatest duo of all-time, and two top ten players of all-time, to three guys that have never played a single game together.

I've never in my life seen a team this overrated before, without playing a single game. Ever. Not even the 2004 Lakers, with Malone and GP.

Haha.

You would need Bosh AND one of the other two just to defend Shaq in the post.

Yea, Shaq alone is a tough assignment and can score on anyone one on one. So are Wade, LeBron, and even Bosh (though less so than the rest).

Shaq won his first ring without a prime Kobe. You're telling me that Wade, Bosh and LeBron are better than a prime duo of Shaq and Bryant, the same duo that ran the 15-1 record in the playoffs? Had that duo not suffered so many injuries throughout the years they were together, they would've challenged the Bulls' record for most wins in a season, and that's WITHOUT a third scoring option.

And you're comparing this to.... what exactly?

Give both groups of players teammates to work with (or just take the dynasty Lakers vs. the current Heat team), and Miami wins one or two games in a series, at the most.

I'm looking at these players individually. Of course I'll also say that the trio would beat the duo with even teammates.

I've never in my life seen a team this overrated before, without playing a single game. Ever. Not even the 2004 Lakers, with Malone and GP.

And I've never seen people try to underrate a team so much my whole life. Unless there are major chemistry and jelling issues (which is unlikely since they took paycuts to play with one another), or if one or two of these players get a sudden major dropoff in their game, this could be the greatest trio the NBA has ever seen.