Prime Kobe and KG vs T mac and Duncan

Hawks Fly High

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kobe just smashes T-Mac.

Of course, as far as careers go.... but prime?

T-Mac's prime (02-03) - 32.1 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.4 apg, 1.7 spg, and 0.8 bpg

Kobe's prime (05-06) - 35.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 4.5 apg, 1.8 spg, and 0.4 bpg

Kobe was better, but doesn't "smash" T-Mac whatsoever.

Kobe was, and always will be, superior to T-Mac in just about every way. It goes beyond just stats, T-Mac has always been relatively inefficient and inconsistent. Plus T-Mac is fragile, even in his prime he was always missing games here and there, meanwhile Kobe is a warrior. We are talking about who we are building a team around, and it is Kobe without a doubt in my mind.

Plus do I even need to bring up his playoff virginity :lol:

Kobe was, and always will be, superior to T-Mac in just about every way. It goes beyond just stats, T-Mac has always been relatively inefficient and inconsistent. Plus T-Mac is fragile, even in his prime he was always missing games here and there, meanwhile Kobe is a warrior. We are talking about who we are building a team around, and it is Kobe without a doubt in my mind.

Plus do I even need to bring up his playoff virginity :lol:

While I do agree to a certain extent, I think you are exaggerating a lot.

Mcgrady has played on some historically bad teams and has gone down swinging every time. One of the biggest questions in league history will be what McGrady could have done in that stretch (01'-04') with better teammates. Or even just a healthy Grant Hill.

Kobe was indestructible, labeled as one of NBA's top defenders. Tmac was great, extremely elite player, him and Kobe had some of the best match ups ever. But Tmac was more laid back, he was more offense oriented. He just reminds me a lot of Penny Hardaway, both started off great and things just never materialized the way we all expected it to.

And to be perfectly fair, the margin of efficiency between Kobe and Tmac aren't as far off as you think. In Tmac's highest scoring season, he was 45%FG and 38% from three while Kobe was 45%FG and 34% from three in his highest scoring season.

Kobe has the longevity, consistency, and durability over Tmac, which eventually puts him on top.

As for the thread itself, I think you have to go with KG and Kobe. I'll take Duncan individually over KG in his prime, but it's extremely close.

• Owner

Kobe and Garnett, but it's because Bryant has won a ring with a legit big man (and I'm not talking about Shaq) while McGrady didn't get out of the second with Yao.

I would say that it's because Bryant (in his prime) is better than McGrady (in his), but Duncan is better than Garnett, today and any season in the past.

Kobe and KG no question. Too obvious.I think KG is better then Duncan and Kobe is better then Tmac even though Tmac used to be a beast in his prime

How do you figure KG is better than Duncan in their primes?

I would take TMac and Duncan, I loved Tracy in his prime years so that is probably the reason why lol.

How do you figure KG is better than Duncan in their primes?

I would take TMac and Duncan, I loved Tracy in his prime years so that is probably the reason why lol.

I definitely think you could make an argument that KG was as or more talented than Duncan in his prime, it is debatable who was more effective for sure, though it is hard to argue against Duncan's rings. But at the same time KG was trapped in Minny for his entire career. How many times did you see Tim Duncan carry the ball up the floor? KG was pretty amazing to watch in the early part of this decade.