Carmelo still wants out Page 4 in this thread

magicbalala245

to add more to the Melo drama..

The Nuggets believe the deal with New Jersey gives them maximum value for Anthony, but they still engaged the Knicks on Saturday in discussions that included Danilo Gallinari(notes), Anthony Randolph(notes) and Toney Douglas(notes), sources said. The Knicks were working to pry draft picks to use in a deal for Anthony, and sources said they had talks with the Houston Rockets, who obtained New York’s 2012 first-rounder to clear cap space in a February deadline deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-anthonytrade092610

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously if we Nuggets say to Melo, "okay we're gonna trade you to the Knicks (for Gallo, Randolph, Douglas, and picks)", Melo will accept it, and sign an extension there.

But if we said that and he still refuses and does the no extension no trade thing then leave to sign with the Knicks next summer anyway, then he'll really wanna screw us. I don't think we've done anything to deserve it... Everyone knows he wants to go to Knicks and if not then Chicago and then LA and then lastly New Jersey.

I don't think he's trying to screw us like that... the only thing he's kinda screwing us is he's hesitating to accept trade to New Jersey, which will give us the most value.

And the other thing is his whole public comments (Live Show with Lopez and tweets) saying that "it's funny" how people say he wants trade, as if suggesting that he's happy in Denver and people just speculate... but cmon, EVERYone knows he wants out of Denver and he makes appearance in public saying that's not the case... that's really pissing off Nugget fans, at least me. It's obvious, say the truth "It's true. I want out of Denver and go to New York".

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

This is the most unsportsmanlike, arrogant situation. It's becoming a train wreck and making Carmelo look worse and worse.

If they give up Favors and Harris, what makes you think the Nuggets will contend? With a team of Chauncey, Nene, Kenyon, JR, etc...they had a hard time passing the 1st round. On the Nets, without Favors and Harris, you have Lopez, Outlaw, and....?

...because he's not going to give Denver an opportunity to get anything out of a deal, and it's very clear he's seeking that because, in becoming a free agent, he's losing money. He's got a bad taste in his mouth, for some reason, for the organization.

Pretend he's a Knick, and he's threatening this garbage, and you know he wants to play for Denver. You would feel pretty pissed off at this.

Golden State is willing to give up a little to bring him in, even without the contract guarantee (rumor, at least). I would just tell the Warriors, "Sure, let's make it happen. Give us a first-round pick, and that's it. Simple as that."

Then plan your future without Melo ahead of time, today, instead of being forced to wait until July 2011, when he takes a walk and never looks back.

I wouldn't be pissed at all, he's a grown [expletive] man, he can do what he wants.

As long as he doesn't go and make a special about it :lol:

Edited by STATCity

Just posted this in the Sixers thread, but....

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sixerville/Sixers_in_talks_for_Carmelo_Anthony_Western_exec_says.html

Still probably a pipe dream for the Sixers, but interesting nonetheless.

Net's deal is almost dead and Melo idea of screwing the Nuggets over is coming to plan surely but slowly. If he would of just signed the extension he would be a Net right now but no he only has one team and one team only in mind. Knicks fan should just start getting Melo's jersey on pre-order right now because Melo is bound to be a Knick.

Edited by magicbalala245

• Owner

Denver needs to just take what Golden State has to offer and run off like bandits, because they won't get a damn thing in July.

Trade him to the Warriors, and then let him play a full season there without that extension...see how stupid he is for wanting 30% less money.

Denver needs to just take what Golden State has to offer and run off like bandits, because they won't get a damn thing in July.

Trade him to the Warriors, and then let him play a full season there without that extension...see how stupid he is for wanting 30% less money.

What are the Warriors offering? And whatever they are offering I'm sure Warriors won't do the deal till they know for sure Melo is signing the extension with them just like any other team that trade's for Melo.

I'd trade him for Stephen Curry straight... so would Nuggets. But problem is Warriors are not trading him. No way we'd take Monta and Biedrins.

I do think Nuggets like Favors offer the best.

• Owner

What are the Warriors offering? And whatever they are offering I'm sure Warriors won't do the deal till they know for sure Melo is signing the extension with them just like any other team that trade's for Melo.

One team stated they would trade for Melo regardless. If I recall correctly, that team was the Warriors.

EDIT: http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2010/09/20/warriors-may-want-carmelo-bad-enough-to-not-require-extension/

Good news: Warriors won’t hold back in their pursuit of Carmelo Anthony. Not that it’s going to land the perennial all-star. But a couple insiders have told me the Warriors are willing to trade for Carmelo even if he doesn’t sign an extension.

No matter how you cut it, the odds are against the Warriors. Denver has better options, and Carmelo has more desirable destinations than Golden State. Still, the Warriors are pushing all their chips in, holding only point guard Stephen Curry back. And there is a shift in the stance.

RD can you post a link where the cap or contracts are going to go down 30%? Because if that is happening, I am certain we are in for a lockout, no way the player's association lets that happen. Worst case, Melo loses a year off his contract, I highly doubt he is losing 30% annually, it just won't happen.

^Dude smh, if there's so little difference in current and next CBA, nobody would dread about it. Why's everyone "panicking"? Because there will be huge difference in salaries under current and next... dude you can't see the fish in the fishbowl.

Anthony will be a free agent after the season, which normally would be enticing, except that the current collective bargaining agreement expires next summer — and the new one could be more restrictive toward players.

"It's scary," Anthony said. "Of course, it's scary. There's a lot of anxiety to see what's going to happen. Hopefully we as players and the owners can come to an agreement that suits both, players and the owners. We shall see."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16200866

I want the [expletive]ing numbers not that he is scared, lol Melo probably doesn't even know what date his first game is right now, nevermind what the cap/contracts will look like next year.

Not to mention I wasn't even talking to you to begin with, just do me a favor and don't talk to me please, every time you talk to me you make my brain melt.

Not to mention I thought i read on the wiretap the other day Melo said 'the money will be there, it is about basketball', or maybe I am just going crazy in my old age. I am well aware the cap is probably going down, but I find it (PERSONAL OPINION BILLIONAIRE I AM NOT AN ESPN EXPERT) very hard to believe it is getting slashed by a third... and if it is we can definitely expect a lockout because no way the players association allows that to happen. I can see a year getting slashed off, but I think we will see a hard cap before we see salaries slashed by that much. Issues like revenue sharing are just are prevalent right now as salaries are.

Edited by travesy3

• Owner

Ford and Woj were talking about it a LONG time ago on Twitter, which means I'd have to go back to February or March (when Amare was in trade rumors), because they were discussing how Amare would rather not sign a short extension with Phoenix, then look to sign as a free agent later, when contracts are lower. If you use Twitter, you know how impossible that would be, lol.

The union said the league's proposal called for reductions in the length and amount of contracts, which would become only partially guaranteed. It also sought to greatly reduce the players' share of basketball-related income from the 57 percent they currently receive.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/02/cba.proposal.ap/index.html

DALLAS (AP) -- The proposal the NBA sent to the players' association for a new collective bargaining agreement seeks cuts from the biggest superstars down to guys not even in the league yet.

A person who has seen the document told The Associated Press on Thursday that first-round picks would have their salaries cut by about one-third and the minimum salary would be reduced by as much as 20 percent. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly about the negotiations.

The total value of a maximum contract for a veteran also would drop below $60 million, as previously reported by ESPN.com. That's less than half of what LeBron James can sign for this summer if he opts out of his contract and re-signs with Cleveland.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/11/CBA.proposal.ap/index.html

The idea of raising superstar salaries and paying the middle- and lower-class players less won’t wash in a one-man, one-vote union. “If they cut the highest 25 or 30 salaries by, say, 35 percent, you’re not going to have to change that much more for [the owners] to get what they want financially,” another player agent said. “LeBron can scream and shout all he wants, but this is a one-man, one-vote union. Once guys figure out that 400 or so players will benefit by the top few taking a major cut, what do you think they’re going to do?”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-labortalks020610

The initial proposal (talking about just max deals, nothing else) was to drop them to $60 million, and hell...that's a 50-55% salary cut, which is significant.

Ford and Wojnarowski had posted it on Twitter, and they were stating that it was likely those cuts would see anywhere between 25-35% by the time serious talks were in session, that 50% was not even up for discussion at the end of the day.

Not to mention I thought i read on the wiretap the other day Melo said 'the money will be there, it is about basketball', or maybe I am just going crazy in my old age. I am well aware the cap is probably going down, but I find it (PERSONAL OPINION BILLIONAIRE I AM NOT AN ESPN EXPERT) very hard to believe it is getting slashed by a third... and if it is we can definitely expect a lockout because no way the players association allows that to happen. I can see a year getting slashed off, but I think we will see a hard cap before we see salaries slashed by that much. Issues like revenue sharing are just are prevalent right now as salaries are.

Dude are you this stupid or just naive (excuse)? The "the money will be there, it's about basketball" comment by Melo is to take the leverage away from Nuggets... it is to make the Nuggets sweat, it is to make the Nuggets keep thinking, it is to make the Nuggets panic and trade him.

In a game of poker, you wanna convince the other guy you have great cards even if you don't. This is what Melo's doing.

Here's how I'd put it so you understand better:

Nuggets: (smile) "we know you want extension and don't wanna sign under new CBA... it's too much pay cut for you. We know you're not gonna do it, Melo. We're 100% sure you're not gonna leave next summer. So if we keep you, before the next summer you'll want to sit down with us and sign extension and be a Nugget long term."

Melo: "yeah? Well how you know I ain't gonna do it (bluffing)? I might go do just that. Be a FA next summer, take less money." (bluffing)

Melo: "hear me out 'THE MONEY WILL BE THERE, IT'S ABOUT BASKETBALL'"

Nuggets: "even taking 30-35% less money and less year(s)?"

Melo: "you bet"

Nuggets: "we're talking about as much as $7 mil per season pay cut... 1-2 less years... from a $68 mil-3 years extension becomes a $44 mil - 3 years extension. From a $126 mil - 6 years contract to a $56 mil - 4 years contract "

Melo: "THE MONEY WILL BE THERE for me, endorsements and [expletive]. I am focused on ball. I ain't worried about money (bluffing) I got money. (bluffing) IT'S ABOUT BASKETBALL (poker face, trademark smile) (Screaming inside: "TRADE ME NOW SO I CAN SIGN MY [expletive]ING EXTENSION")

Nuggets: "[expletive] we gotta trade you now before you LeBron or am-Bosh us."

Melo: (laughing inside) "hey I never ask for a trade... but if you're to trade me, can you look at the Knicks? I'd go there if you want to trade me" (trying to look as innocent as possible).

Melo is gonna bolt and leave the Nuggets in the next off-season if he ain't gone to the Nets and the Nuggets' continue their stance of getting a top-class talent, salary cap relief and picks. They really should have pulled the trigger on the Favors trade but sadly left it.

EDIT: Actually, I remember seeing that the 76ers also offered a deal consisting of Evan Turner, a pick and Jason Kapono's expiring contract. That would have been another deal I would have taken.

Edited by Newman

• 3 weeks later...
Carmelo Anthony still wants to be traded

LOS ANGELES — With each Carmelo Anthony sky-walking, up-and-under layup in traffic, it's easy to forget that Melo won't be doing this much longer in powder blue.

Anthony has thrived this preseason — Thursday, he tallied 30 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists in 34 minutes in a 100-95 victory over the Clippers — but privately he has kept his stance that he wants out, according to a source familiar with Anthony's decision-making.

The source said Anthony's camp is getting increasingly frustrated that he has yet to be dealt, desirably to an East Coast team, notably New York or New Jersey. The source maintained Anthony would also agree to a trade with Chicago, but the Nuggets won't make the trade unless it involves Joakim Noah. The source confirmed that it is highly unlikely Anthony agrees to a trade to Philadelphia or the Clippers.

The Nuggets desire Nets rookie Derrick Favors in a trade — something that could happen down the line. The 19-year-old post player has struggled this preseason with recent shooting nights of 1-for-6, 3-for-9 and 0-for-5. But Favors' upside is tremendous; he was the third pick in this summer's draft.

Nuggets coach George Karl revealed more about his private conversation with Melo this month, saying Friday: "I told Melo: 'I'm excited about coaching you maybe a little harder than I did before, because I don't think we're getting you to the top of the mountain, and that's where I think you belong. You're close. You're at the last stage of Mount Everest. But you have strengths and talents that can be improved.' We talked about defense and being a leader."

Denver Post

Dude are you this stupid or just naive (excuse)? The "the money will be there, it's about basketball" comment by Melo is to take the leverage away from Nuggets... it is to make the Nuggets sweat, it is to make the Nuggets keep thinking, it is to make the Nuggets panic and trade him.

In a game of poker, you wanna convince the other guy you have great cards even if you don't. This is what Melo's doing.

Here's how I'd put it so you understand better:

Nuggets: (smile) "we know you want extension and don't wanna sign under new CBA... it's too much pay cut for you. We know you're not gonna do it, Melo. We're 100% sure you're not gonna leave next summer. So if we keep you, before the next summer you'll want to sit down with us and sign extension and be a Nugget long term."

Melo: "yeah? Well how you know I ain't gonna do it (bluffing)? I might go do just that. Be a FA next summer, take less money." (bluffing)

Melo: "hear me out 'THE MONEY WILL BE THERE, IT'S ABOUT BASKETBALL'"

Nuggets: "even taking 30-35% less money and less year(s)?"

Melo: "you bet"

Nuggets: "we're talking about as much as $7 mil per season pay cut... 1-2 less years... from a $68 mil-3 years extension becomes a $44 mil - 3 years extension. From a $126 mil - 6 years contract to a $56 mil - 4 years contract "

Melo: "THE MONEY WILL BE THERE for me, endorsements and [expletive]. I am focused on ball. I ain't worried about money (bluffing) I got money. (bluffing) IT'S ABOUT BASKETBALL (poker face, trademark smile) (Screaming inside: "TRADE ME NOW SO I CAN SIGN MY [expletive]ING EXTENSION")

Nuggets: "[expletive] we gotta trade you now before you LeBron or am-Bosh us."

Melo: (laughing inside) "hey I never ask for a trade... but if you're to trade me, can you look at the Knicks? I'd go there if you want to trade me" (trying to look as innocent as possible).

LOL I MISSED THIS HAHAHAHAHAH

Can't believe you went through all of that to make a point, trust me, I understand what you're (were) saying, it's just absurd.