Carmelo still wants out Page 4 in this thread

magicbalala245

Why the [expletive] is New Jersey doing this? Melo will not have his heart set there. He wants Chicago or New York. If I was Melo I will say no. Wait till February cause then Denver will be desperate to trade him cause every team will know that Denver will then just want anything instead of letting Melo walk. Even if he does get traded to the Nets in February maybe he will be there with Harris then if he waits instead of going right now.

Same reason they went for big free agents....to improve and catch new fans heading to NY.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner

Merged five topics...just keep all Melo talk in here or in one of the team forums, please...but try and keep it in one topic, whichever forum you post in.

Now, if the trade DOES go down, and it's official, post a new topic. :)

Bryant’s advice to ‘Melo?

Don’t leave just to leave.

“We’ll see if he signs a reasonable extension and if he’s 100 percent happy that it’s where he wants to go,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports Saturday. “If not, don’t make a move just to get out of the situation. …Make sure it’s a move that you’re very happy in and you’re comfortable with.”

Bryant said he talked with Anthony “a couple days ago” and understood how a move to the Nets would be appealing because of the team’s talented young center, Brook Lopez(notes), and new Russian billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov. The Nets have rebuilt themselves after winning a league-low 12 games last season while the Nuggets lost in the first round of the playoffs one year after falling to Bryant’s Lakers in the Western Conference finals.

“I’m closer to him than anyone else from my Olympic team,” Bryant said. “My advice is to do what he feels is right for him and his family. It starts there. He has to be happy with the situation that he is in because if your heart isn’t where it should be, it could have a half-[expletive] effect. You don’t want that. You can’t please everybody. You just have to do what’s right for you.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-bryantanthony092510

if Melo really just wants to be a Free Agent in 2011 then it is just as bad as Lebron's situation. It puts Denver in a situation where they have to trade him to New York/Chicago if they at least want something in return and we all know Denver wants more then what both organizations have to offer. Sucks how Melo has so much control over the situation..

if Melo really just wants to be a Free Agent in 2011 then it is just as bad as Lebron's situation. It puts Denver in a situation where they have to trade him to New York/Chicago if they at least want something in return and we all know Denver wants more then what both organizations have to offer. Sucks how Melo has so much control over the situation..

Yeah but it's also smart on Melo's part. He knows how much leverage he has on the situation, and he's using it to his advantage. If I were the Nuggets, knowing that all he wants is to go to New York, I say just deal him there and get whatever they offer you.

• Owner

Cool. I hope they fix the new CBA to screw him over with about 30-35% less money, and one less season on his contract.

Plus, if I were running the Nuggets' organization, I would instruct George Karl to bench him the entire season. You'll get a decent draft pick out of him leaving, at least.

I don't get it... Why? He'd be playing out his last season as a Nugget and trying to win a ring... Why bench him and hope for the worst? If he's upfront and honest, and doesn't hold an hour special on ESPN toying with an entire nation, I don't see the prob.

• Owner

I don't get it... Why? He'd be playing out his last season as a Nugget and trying to win a ring... Why bench him and hope for the worst? If he's upfront and honest, and doesn't hold an hour special on ESPN toying with an entire nation, I don't see the prob.

...because he's not going to give Denver an opportunity to get anything out of a deal, and it's very clear he's seeking that because, in becoming a free agent, he's losing money. He's got a bad taste in his mouth, for some reason, for the organization.

Pretend he's a Knick, and he's threatening this garbage, and you know he wants to play for Denver. You would feel pretty pissed off at this.

Golden State is willing to give up a little to bring him in, even without the contract guarantee (rumor, at least). I would just tell the Warriors, "Sure, let's make it happen. Give us a first-round pick, and that's it. Simple as that."

Then plan your future without Melo ahead of time, today, instead of being forced to wait until July 2011, when he takes a walk and never looks back.

• Owner

Not at all. Not even comparable, IMO.

I agree.

If Melo were to post on his Twitter tomorrow, saying he was going to stay in Denver until he wins a ring...then lead the organization on by making them believe he's going to re-sign, traveling to four or five other teams and making them think the same thing, THEN doing the unthinkable and holding an hour-long show announcing where you will "take your talents" and what other teams you kicked in the face...yes, it would be comparable.

...because he's not going to give Denver an opportunity to get anything out of a deal, and it's very clear he's seeking that because, in becoming a free agent, he's losing money. He's got a bad taste in his mouth, for some reason, for the organization.

Pretend he's a Knick, and he's threatening this garbage, and you know he wants to play for Denver. You would feel pretty pissed off at this.

Golden State is willing to give up a little to bring him in, even without the contract guarantee (rumor, at least). I would just tell the Warriors, "Sure, let's make it happen. Give us a first-round pick, and that's it. Simple as that."

Then plan your future without Melo ahead of time, today, instead of being forced to wait until July 2011, when he takes a walk and never looks back.

Meh I'm just not sure, all I hear is "sources say" and "sources think" and "sources tell me"... It's all bull[expletive] until we find out his true motives and his true plan.

But you're right, if what is said is true, I'd be hella pissed :lol: