Wilson Chandler or Terrence Williams?

NomarFachix

Chandler: 48% FG | 27% 3P | 80% FT | 15.3 PPG | 5.4 RPG | 2.1 AST | .71 STL | .75 BLK | 1.7 TO

Williams: 40% FG | 31% 3P | 72% FT | 8.4 PPG | 4.5 RPG | 2.9 AST | .55 STL | .13 BLK | 1.6 TO

Williams (6'6, 220, 23) was a rookie last year, so the room for growth was there this offseason. At the same time, Chandler (6'8, 225, 23) is the same age (came out of college younger) with potentially as much room to grow as a player; likely not as drastic as a rookie going to his sophomore season, though. Who is the better player at this moment in time?

Edited by The Reason

Really hard to say. I'd probably take Chandler at the moment, but I feel Williams has a higher ceiling. Not because of the fact that he's a rookie while Chandler has been around for a few seasons, but I feel Williams is a much better ballhandler/playmaker, a dimension of the game which Chandler just isn't proficient in. Last season Williams was often under-utilized, so the jury is still out on if he can ever take the next step to be an impact player, but I do think he has that talent and ceiling.

• 2 months later...

Really hard to say. I'd probably take Chandler at the moment, but I feel Williams has a higher ceiling. Not because of the fact that he's a rookie while Chandler has been around for a few seasons, but I feel Williams is a much better ballhandler/playmaker, a dimension of the game which Chandler just isn't proficient in. Last season Williams was often under-utilized, so the jury is still out on if he can ever take the next step to be an impact player, but I do think he has that talent and ceiling.

This. While they are the same age, Chandler has been in the NBA for several years and Terrence was just a rookie. 4 years of college basketball are great to hone your basketball fundamentals and IQ, but NBA is where prospects further develop their games with coaches and training staffs of the professional level. So yes Chandler is the pretty player right now but I'd rather have Terrence in a year or two.

This. While they are the same age, Chandler has been in the NBA for several years and Terrence was just a rookie. 4 years of college basketball are great to hone your basketball fundamentals and IQ, but NBA is where prospects further develop their games with coaches and training staffs of the professional level. So yes Chandler is the pretty player right now but I'd rather have Terrence in a year or two.

Andddddd the Rockets fan comes flying in to tout the new acquisition!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Right now, I'd take Chandler.

Like people have said I think Williams has a higher ceiling but for now and probably the next few seasons I think Chandler will be able to shine more.