Blazers Rave About Matthews' Basketball IQ

The Blazers have been impressed with Wesley Matthews, who was signed to a five-year, $32.5 million contract in the offseason.

“From what I’ve seen the last few days, he has a real good feel for the game. His IQ for the game is very high,” said head coach Nate McMillan.

“People don’t know what they can expect from me yet,” said Matthews.

“Last year was a surprise to everyone, but not to me. I come to work and I put in the time and put myself in this position. Now when I get a chance, I make the most of it.” [/Quote]

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69396/20101003/blazers_rave_about_matthews_basketball_iq/

Still hugely overpaid considering how extremely unproven he is. Plus, how are you going to draw conclusions on a person's basketball IQ based on a couple days of watching him play? I haven't followed him closely so I wouldn't know, but I still find that kind of funny, especially since I don't think the Blazers have had a pre-season game yet.

He's a very good defensive player, can possibly ascend to great defensive player. A clone of Raja Bell... only stronger (not necessarily more physical) and with better passing skill and better finishing inside.

Still hugely overpaid considering how extremely unproven he is.

I haven't followed him closely so I wouldn't know.

Dude, you redefine the "I don't know what I'm talking about" statement to the next level.

lmao

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

He's a very good defensive player, can possibly ascend to great defensive player. A clone of Raja Bell... only stronger (not necessarily more physical) and with better passing skill and better finishing inside.

Dude, you redefine the "I don't know what I'm talking about" statement to the next level.

lmao

I don't need to watch him closely to know he isn't worth that, just like you don't need to watch Amir Johnson closely to know he isn't worth what he got paid. You take idiocy to the next level.

Curious, just for future reference, how do you 'redefine something to the next level'.

Edited by travesy3