NLDS Discussion: Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

Probable Pitching Matchups:

Game 1 (10/6, 5:07 PM EST, Citizens Bank Park): Edinson Volquez @ Roy Halladay

Game 2 (10/8, 6:07 PM EST, Citizens Bank Park): Bronson Arroyo @ Roy Oswalt

Game 3 (10/10, 7:07 PM EST, Great American Ballpark): Cole Hamels @ Johnny Cueto

Game 4 (10/11, 5:07 PM EST, Great American Ballpark): Roy Halladay @ Edinson Volquez*

Game 5 (10/13, 8:37 PM EST, Citizens Bank Park): Bronson Arroyo @ Roy Oswalt*

*= If Necessary

Times subject to change

All games on TBS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly have no clue what the Reds plan on doing for games 4 and 5. Since this is an 8-day series (the other 3 are 7 days), you can use a 3 man rotation and keep everyone on regular rest, which is what the Phillies are doing. But I am not sure if the Reds want to get Travis Wood a start in game 4 and save Volquez for game 5, or if they will keep everyone on regular rest. We'll see.

I don't understand all the hate for the Reds. Their pitching staff is way better than people are giving them credit for. Volquez missed a lot of time/had a down year, but he is hands down one of the most talented pitchers in the league. As a Phillies fan, the only game I feel very confident about is game 2, just because I have never been an Arroyo fan, and the Phillies generally hit him around. Volquez and Cueto are nasty.

Pitching - Phillies

Hitting - Phillies

I don't see how the Reds do this, sure they had a nice season but this is the post season, they don't have nearly as good pitching.

It looks that way, yet I am still very nervous for this series. But I am always nervous for the playoffs.