NLDS Discussion: Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psh, Bronson has pitched in 10 postseason games and not recorded a decision in a single one, can Halladay say the same?

Psh, just watch Doc work his magic this postseason.

Watch. You'll be inDOCtrinated soon enough.

Holy crap, that sounded corny. :lol: Still, Halladay does what he wants.

I love Charlie but he can be so stubborn sometimes. I've been saying all week that Jimmy Rollins should be batting 8th until he finds his bearings. Raul has been great in September and Chooch had a .400 OBP on the year. No reason for them to be hitting behind Jimmy.

There have been four errors and three unearned runs in this game.

All by Utley, Phillips, and Rolen. Three of the more sure-handed fielders you'll find. Very strange.

Is this the first time any of you have seen him pitch this year? Srsly.

No I think hes a great pitcher but hes pretty inconsistent. In 2009 he had a 4.12 ERA, and in 2008 he had a 3.54 ERA. He had a great year this year though. Still I dont think hes in the elite ace class that most people put him in. I rarely see people that rate him properly imo.

No I think hes a great pitcher but hes pretty inconsistent. In 2009 he had a 4.12 ERA, and in 2008 he had a 3.54 ERA. He had a great year this year though. Still I dont think hes in the elite ace class that most people put him in. I rarely see people that rate him properly imo.

I disagree, and I am also not sure who puts him in the super-elite group of starting pitchers. I usually see people evaluate him for what he is. Not in the Halladay/Wainwright/Lincecum/whoever else category, but right in there with that second tier of pitching studs, which I think is accurate. As far as ERA goes, he has pitched in a bandbox his entire career. For him to only have one outlier (as he did last year) is kind of amazing. The more telling stats, such as K/BB and WHIP are generally very good. He had poor command tonight for sure, but this is not a regular occurrence.