NFL reviewing Brett Favre allegations

The Regime

LORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The NFL says it is reviewing allegations involving Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, who the website Deadspin says sent racy messages and photos to a woman who worked for the team while he played for the Jets.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said Friday, "We are reviewing the matter," when asked about reports that Favre sent voice mails and photos to Jenn Sterger, who did game-day work for the Jets.

Deadspin reported Thursday that voice mails and photos were sent by "someone she was led to believe was Brett Favre." It said the person contacted Sterger on MySpace.

"Send me a text. Love to see you tonight," one voicemail said.

The voice mails and photos have not been independently confirmed as coming from Favre. Sterger did not lodge a public complaint and did not comment for Deadspin on the story.

In an e-mail to The Associated Press, A.J. Daulerio, Deadspin's editor in chief, declined to reveal the source of the material. He did say the source of the photos contacted him and that Deadspin paid "more than we ever have" for them.

"I was certain about the accuracy of her story, the evidence was presented substantiating that," he said, "and then as things began to unfold, it appeared more and more likely that this happened. Plus, there will be more."

Asked about the report Thursday, Favre said: "I'm not getting into that. I've got my hands full with the Jets and am trying to get some timing down with our guys, so that's all I'm going to discuss."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5663024

Edited by Confidence