Does this piss you off?

SRV

nope, but unlike you, I have been to Lambeau :lol:

Sorry that I haven't made the trip up there lol. What a piece of [expletive] fan right? I guess I can use your logic then and say I've been to the old Yankee Stadium.

Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Rangers. I live(d) in Central Jersey, but my dad is from North Jersey, and he's old school (in his 60's)... So the alternate/Jersey teams weren't really around when he began fanhood. I simply followed in the footsteps... My older brother got me very much into hockey, the others were really natural.

So you like the Heat, Yankees, and UNC basketball?

Smh...

Reading comprehension FTL. I said I'm a Miami Basketball fan but I also like UNC. When they play I root for Miami every time so I don't see the big deal.

A lot of friends i know hate Lakers and ride Boston. Sometimes it's because they just wanna be different. Sometimes it's because they don't like how the team runs. Sometimes it's just Kobe. It's annoying, but ppl have their reasons.

I lived in CA all my life and I don't like any of the CA football teams. If Chargers somehow moved to LA, I probably still wouldn't like them.

• Owner

I could care less. I was born into a football family, parents were KC Chiefs fans, and part of the rest of my family loved the Cowboys (they lived near Texas).

I couldn't stand hearing about the Chiefs every weekend, so I decided to become a fan of their rivals, the Raiders...and I've been a fan since. Oakland was a decent team back then...coached by Shanahan and Shell, and I was around six or seven years old. Chiefs were as good, don't really remember if Marty had started coaching them or not (I think it was his first season, actually).

But, as far as basketball goes, the Kings were in Kansas City when I was born, but moved two seasons later. By the time I started watching and playing basketball, the closest team to root for was in Chicago, so I just chose the Suns (long story short, my cousin got me into collecting cards, and I thought Barkley was a bad ass reading his stats and those bios on the back).

In 1995, my cousin had a bunch of Kobe highlights he recorded on VHS tapes, and I watched them...thought he was the most awesome player I've ever seen other than Jordan, so I decided I would root for whatever team he was drafted to. He went to Charlotte, and I was ready to pull for them, but when he was dealt to LA, that was my team...even though they were without Shaq at the time (Kobe had his Lakers jersey a week before O'Neal), and they were just a 53-win team as well.

I really don't care what team anyone roots for, as long as they know quite a bit about that team. If someone is a Lakers fan, it would be nice if he/she could tell me some history, tell me about all of their current players (ALL of them), and just know stuff about the team. I've ran into people rooting for the Lakers that know nothing outside of Kobe, Phil and Gasol...can't even tell me how many years Ron Artest has been on the team, and that's pathetic. THAT'S what pisses me off.

I just think its annoying when people that are from Miami, have lived there all their lives, decide that they are gonna hate them home team with a passion. Its cool if you like the Lakers more than the Heat, but its annoying when you go on facebook and brag about how much they suck and how great the Lakers are.

My other favorite was the Lebron riders last year that were Cavs fans and kept saying Wade and the Heat sucked, and now they have no choice but to like the Heat.

The fans that piss me off the most are the ones who live in their particular team's city, and have for their entire life, but don't become fans until the team gets good. And when they do become fans, they know absolutely nothing about the team/sport/whatever. I've been dealing with tons of people like this with the Phillies recently. So annoying.

That is what will happen if the Raptors ever get good.... honestly half the Canadians on the internet are Raptor haters, and once (*IF*) they get good they will be 'fans'.

After reading RD's post I guess I can appreciate someone who has rooted for a team for their entire life regardless of geographical location. As long as they cheer that team on unconditionally and know about them, frontrunners are the worst.

One of the worst things are fans of TEAMS, not fans of the sport itself.... gotta love those fans who are basically out of touch with reality when it comes to teams outside their own.

Edited by travesy3

my story is i looked on nba.com and it said "Lakers favourites to win the title" so i became a Laker fan

and then i saw the Ravens were in the conference finals against Pittsburgh and i became a Ravens fan because they were younger so they had more chance to win in the future.

if either of these teams miss the playoffs then i will no longer consider myself a fan

joking