Do The Dallas Cowboys Make The Playoffs?

Do The Dallas Cowboys Make The Playoffs?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Way to early to count a great team like the Cowboys out. They are only 1 1/2 games out of the division lead and still have 5 division games left, 3 at home. Combine that with the fact that no team in the NFC East has shown any sort of consistency and I think Dallas will make it.

Right now, yardage wise, Cowboys are 2nd in the NFL on offense, 8th in the NFL on defense. They just have to focus on causing my turnovers, and turning it over less on offense, and scoring in the red zone, they do that, and I know I'm a bit biased, but they could go undefeated for the rest of the year. That's the type of team they are if they get it right. No other team in the NFC East can say that, and that's why I feel they still have a good shot.

@ Minny

@ GB

@ NYG

@ Indy

@ Philly

5 tough road games. Home against NYG, NO, Philly, WAS will be no cakewalk either. This team has an outrageously tough schedule the rest of the way whether they click or not. Going to be tough for them.

Fish, your undefeated comment made me remember the "if the Mets pitching turns around, they can go to the World Series" comment from earlier in the year, that's all. :lol: No offense.

Using your logic any team can ...

:rolleyes:

...I guess :unsure:

@ Minny

@ GB

@ NYG

@ Indy

@ Philly

5 tough road games. Home against NYG, NO, Philly, WAS will be no cakewalk either. This team has an outrageously tough schedule the rest of the way whether they click or not. Going to be tough for them.

Fish, your undefeated comment made me remember the "if the Mets pitching turns around, they can go to the World Series" comment from earlier in the year, that's all. :lol: No offense.

None taken, oliver perez didn't turn it around nor did Maine. Which cost us our season. Yes Dallas has all those tough road games but they are winnable. -_- I hate when people jump down my throat over an innocent little comment.

I didn't jump down your throat, simply posted my opinion about the team. The other thing just reminded me of the Mets comment.

What ev's the best I see us doing is 11-5, I'd be happy with 10-6 and I'd even take 9-7 at this point.

The division they play in is very inconsistent. Giants got blown out by in a few games, Philly is average, and Washington lost to St. Louis.

All the Cowboys need to do is win the games they should, as well as a few pivotal division games and they'll be back in it.

Meh, from what I've seen out of the Cowboys so far this year, their chances are slim. For the Cowboys to make the playoffs, they need to do the following:

1. Start being more disciplined. This is a big one. The team consistently shot themselves in the foot last week with stupid penalties. The team really needs to work on keeping out of the penalties if they are gonna have any hope.

2. Rediscover their ground game. The Cowboys have a really talented three headed monster at running back so far, but the team has gotten very little on the ground so far. Teams often struggle to win consistently without a run game, especially with a streaky QB like Romo, and with the team in the hole they're in, they NEED to find their run game to have a shot.

3. Score more in general. Romo's been great so far, but because of the aforementioned struggles in the ground game, the team is 16th in the league in points per game. Dallas really needs to get on the scoreboard more, but that should come as long as the running game picks up.

The Cowboys have talent, but their hole is starting to look a little bit deep. If they can't get the ground game going, they don't have a chance to compete with the surging Giants and Vick-led Eagles. A loss this week for the Cowboys should all but seal their fate.

Meh, from what I've seen out of the Cowboys so far this year, their chances are slim. For the Cowboys to make the playoffs, they need to do the following:

1. Start being more disciplined. This is a big one. The team consistently shot themselves in the foot last week with stupid penalties. The team really needs to work on keeping out of the penalties if they are gonna have any hope.

2. Rediscover their ground game. The Cowboys have a really talented three headed monster at running back so far, but the team has gotten very little on the ground so far. Teams often struggle to win consistently without a run game, especially with a streaky QB like Romo, and with the team in the hole they're in, they NEED to find their run game to have a shot.

3. Score more in general. Romo's been great so far, but because of the aforementioned struggles in the ground game, the team is 16th in the league in points per game. Dallas really needs to get on the scoreboard more, but that should come as long as the running game picks up.

The Cowboys have talent, but their hole is starting to look a little bit deep. If they can't get the ground game going, they don't have a chance to compete with the surging Giants and Vick-led Eagles. A loss this week for the Cowboys should all but seal their fate.

No offense but I love how everything thinks they know whats wrong with the Cowboys. #2 or #3 doesn't apply at all. Yes they haven't had a top rushing attack, but outside of the Chicago game they've moved the ball on the ground fine. The drives stall in the red zone because that's where other team blitz more, so Garrett calls 5 yard routes we can never complete. The team has just struggled because they've struggled as a team, and yes discipline has been a huge problem.