Good Old Bill O'Reilly

Doc

Well it was Muslim extremists who flew those planes. He should've added the word extremists so it wouldn't have sounded as if he were generalizing. He's not wrong though about how American's want to know about where the funding is coming from and that 70% of Americans think its inappropriate.

Edited by Flash

I don't think he's dumb enough to be generalizing the entire religion either. He said on tonight's episode of his own show that he realizes that it was a small sect of Muslims and that most Muslims did not want 9/11 to happen. I think it was pretty ridiculous for them to walk off the set too. If they found it offensive then they could've said so and then had a regular back and forth discussion.

I don't think he's dumb enough to be generalizing the entire religion either. He said on tonight's episode of his own show that he realizes that it was a small sect of Muslims and that most Muslims did not want 9/11 to happen. I think it was pretty ridiculous for them to walk off the set too. If they found it offensive then they could've said so and then had a regular back and forth discussion.

it's The View, did you expect civilized behavior? :lol:

I agree. The way he said it on The View was wrong, and after about 30 seconds I think he realized "I f'd up that statement."

His point is valid though. When we talk about Pearl Harbour we don't say Japanese "extremists" or German "extremists" when talking about the Nazi's and WW2. I understand its not the politically correct way to put it but I think by now people realize who it was and can separate the 2 even if someone just says Muslims. I don't think people are that dumb.

His point is valid though. When we talk about Pearl Harbour we don't say Japanese "extremists" or German "extremists" when talking about the Nazi's and WW2. I understand its not the politically correct way to put it but I think by now people realize who it was and can separate the 2 even if someone just says Muslims. I don't think people are that dumb.

Those weren't Japanese extremists, it was their military. Same as the Iraq Invasion isn't seen as US extremists. As for the Nazis, we already refer to them as Nazis, which has a very negative connotation in society.