Which Team Improved the Most this Off-Season?

Guest N4S

Which Team Improved the Most this Off-Season?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Celtics

Added: Rasheed Wallace

Lost: None

Cavs

Added: Shaq and Anthony Parker (possibly Jamario Moon)

Lost: Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace

Magic

Added: Vince Carter, Brandon Bass, and Ryan Anderson

Lost: Hedo, Rafer Alston, Tony Battie, and Courtney Lee

Raptors

Added: Hedo, Jarrett Jack, Devean George, and Antoine Wright

Lost: Anthony Parker and Shawn Marion

Lakers

Added: Ron Artest

Lost: Trevor Ariza (possibly losing Lamar Odom)

Spurs

Added: Antonio McDyess, Richard Jefferson, and DeJuan Blair

Lost: Bruce Bowen, Fabricio Oberto, and Kurt Thomas

Edited by N4S

Magic/Cavs too close to call.

<flipped coin>

Magic... they added a a shooter it takes alot more pressure off of Howard, VC can score from anywhere on the court :) he can do it inside or out

Like Hedo right? lol

I say Lakers in an unbiased way. Its hard to find a dominant defensive player on the perimeter, one that can shut down dominant perimeter scorers. Not to mention he is a very good scorer and perfect for the triangle because he can play from the post. I have doubts about Sheed, and if he can return to how good he used to be, he seems to have lost a step. And for the Spurs I really dont think RJ is that great of a splash, hes not going to put a team over the top.

This topic is premature, teams can still make more moves.

I voted for Cleveland. There are foreseeable problems with Shaq, but what they did was add a second dimension to what was essentially a one-man army on offense. They filled a gaping void, and they're steadily augmenting their team with serviceable role players. If LeBron is compatible with Shaq, which he will be, they're a shoe-in for the Finals.

Second is San Antonio.

Between the Spurs and Magic IMO.

The Spurs getting RJ's explosiveness and McDyess is huge. I think both are perfect players for that squad.

I've always thought Hedo's impact for the Magic was a bit overrated. VC, Bass and Barnes are a definite upgrade plus they kept Gortat.

If we keep Odom then we stay at #1 or #2 I believe. Outside of us, I have to put the Spurs up there. They got a perfect complimentary big man for their offense in McDyess, big Dejaun to play some tough rookie minutes, and Jefferson is a huge plus to them as far as getting out on the break with Tony and bring athleticism on both sides of the ball, something they didn't have at all last year.

bring athleticism on both sides of the ball, something they didn't have at all last year.

That's what scares me about them. We know they're going to be the best coached team and the most fundamental but now you add in some serious athleticism in Jefferson and that team becomes just as good as LA if they lose Odom.

Between the Spurs and Magic IMO.

The Spurs getting RJ's explosiveness and McDyess is huge. I think both are perfect players for that squad.

I've always thought Hedo's impact for the Magic was a bit overrated. VC, Bass and Barnes are a definite upgrade plus they kept Gortat.

There's nothing like a 6'10" playmaker who can shoot off the dribble and make the right plays at the end of tight ball games. Nelson is an all-star and can assume that role in the season when he's fully healthy but he is also only 5'11". If a team is determined to lock him down, someone can send a defending SG to make it tough for him.

With Hedo, he can take the guy over the dribble and shoot over him. While Nelson has been shooting over defenders, it's not likely when a determined tall defender sticks on him... that's height disadvantage, and the option of him shooting is not really a good choice to passing.

He won Game 4 in Philly with a three pointer, otherwise they would have been down 3-1 I believe... almost won Game 2 in Cleveland before LeBron made the game winner... assisted on a Shard's game winning shot... I think he was the one who inbounded to Courtney Lee who almost made the game winning layup in Game 2 against Lakers. His passing is underrated.

Rashard can shoot and is clutch but he is not exactly the type that breaks people down and shoot off the dribble. He is the catch and shoot type when there's enough space to shoot in the first place. Without Hedo who penetrates and draws defenders, he's not going to be very open.

His impact is not overrated... there's a reason why they go to him late in games. Because he can create off the dribble for himself and others.

some ppl seem to be taking this different ways. Most of these teams just added 1 or 2 players to try and put them over the top, but shouldnt improve all that much. Cavs, Magic, Celts, Lakers, and Spurs should all have relatively identical records next yr as they did this year. That being said they all made moves to put them in better position to win a championship next yr.

Thats why I chose raps. Yes im a raps fan, but the changes they made should deffinately give them the edge for most improved. They went from lottery pick to possible playoff bound team. They wont win a championship next year, but they will be much better.

Edited by bluedevil

The Spurs and Magic are about even at first.

Buford's moves put the Spurs back on the map. The bench is deeper, Mason and Hill have improved a lot over the course of last season, and hopefully Ginobli's health is back. The Spurs are poised for a deep playoff run next year.

The management in Orlando literally went above and beyond. Nearly every position improved. Nelson returns after missing half of his All-Star season. Carter and Barnes add versatility, depth and experience to the wings. Meanwhile Anderson, Bass, and Gortat have proven to be very efficient under limited minutes. Hedo will be missed but IMO his void has been sufficiently filled. Prove me wrong next season though.

Edited by doobeedoo

It would have to be the Spurs and Magic. Both of these two teams have gone with experience over young talent. I think both these teams have what it takes to challenge the Caviliers or the Lakers but they need some guys who have been to the playoffs before. Orlando is a team i would definitely watch out for. They got Vince Carter, Brandon Bass and Matt Barnes but they could even end up landing CJ Watson. They look very dangerous, plus Gortat has resigned and he has vastly improved.

Spurs signed Jefferson and McDyess who i think can make a difference for them. Jefferson is a very good player when he's capable of it. McDyness offers alot of experience and he will be very good behind Duncan. If you put Manu back into the bigger picture with the Spurs you can see a very good starting lineup for them.

It's going to be a great season this year. The anticipation is heating up.

Spurs 100%.

They've added key players, also counting Bowen. I also like Toronto as a close second.

Teams like Lakers have improved, but it's not going to make a huge difference on what they did last season.

You should also mention Dallas MAvericks.