Hawks Interested In Former Cavs Smith, Wallace

The Goods

I personally would rather see Joe Smith in a Hawks uniform than I would with Ben Wallace. Hawks are lacking somebody to back up Josh Smith at the 4. I don't hate Ben Wallace or anything but I just feel Joe Smith will give a lot more contribution than he would. Plus, if you have to get a big man to play alongside Zaza Pachulia in the bench, it has to be Joe Smith. They were teammates together in Milwaukee and Zaza has already expressed that he would love for Joe Smith to be an Atlanta Hawk next season.

Ben Wallace backing up Horford would be awesome.

We already have Zaza Pachulia backing up Horford. If Ben Wallace is a Hawk next season, he'll be playing most of his minutes playing behind Josh Smith.

We already have Zaza Pachulia backing up Horford. If Ben Wallace is a Hawk next season, he'll be playing most of his minutes playing behind Josh Smith.

But what Horford can learn from Wallace is better than what he can learn from Zaza even if he is the better player at this point.

But what Horford can learn from Wallace is better than what he can learn from Zaza even if he is the better player at this point.

There is nothing Horford can learn from Wallace. Horford already knows positioning on defense and knows how to rebound. If Al Horford needs teaching on something, it will be on the offensive end and I really doubt Ben Wallace can tutor Horford with that.